Jump to content
  • 0

How does dynamic damage reduction effect damage-less DoT procs? Equinox and Elemental_Ward, toxic 5% or 30% of health?


Question

Hopefully I can log in later and try some testing, though it'll be much easier if this is already known.

 

Basically, as I understand it, most damaging statuses scale from either 50% or 30%c of the base-damage portion inflicted damage, where inflicted damage is raw damage reduced by health/armour/buff-debuff  effects.

So for instance, I've always had CP on Equinox, rather than GP, as her Maim deals 1 instance of damage that always procs bleeding and I assume it'll scale higher if that packet of damage is reduced less by armour, as oppose to made a little bigger. (Though obviously CP now does far less on it's own that it used to.)

 

I'm thinking of of adding Elemental_Ward to Equinox, but that gives me two choices:

  1. Heat will push out small raw damage and a proc chance to reduce amour by 50%, after which all new damage will face less reduction, though I assume all existing procs will keep inflicting the same DoT values(?).
  2. Toxin will deal no damage and inflict a proc for 5% of an enemy's Maximum health as toxin damage over 7 seconds. I don't know if this will deal 6 instances of 5% damage over 7s, or 6 instance of 1.67% damage over 7s. I assume that in either case the amour at the point of procing will reduce all damage for the duration.

 

I'm hoping that someone can both clarify the toxic ward's damage to me and confirm that all the damage will be effected by armour.

Depending on how toxic works, it could either be better against all enemies, or worse against all enemies.

Roar is also an option of course, but Rage's augment could it less less beneficial? Also, again, will Roar/Rage's effect be dynamic, or only effect subsequent procs?

 

Is it worth running Energy_Transfer, to reapply maim proc after armour reductions and will old applications persist, or be removed when we switch form.

(This means giving up Rage/Provoke instead of Metamorphosis.)

Edited by TheArcSet
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

"Within a radius of 5 meters, the noxious fumes also have a 25% / 35% / 40% / 50% chance per second to deal 5% of an enemy's maximum health as  Toxin damage with a 100% status chance."

And honestly elemental ward wouldn't be that great on equinox, with the usual low strength nuke build you wouldn't get much Health from heat ward or much reload from toxin ward.

The slash proc is strength based and even with high strength it would be hard to kill things above level 40 with it.

I'd recommend Hildryns Pillage for both overshield building and armor stripping, as pillaged range is duration based and equinox likes duration

 

> Is it worth running Energy_Transfer, to reapply maim proc after armour reductions and will old applications persist, or be removed when we switch form.

Armor has no effect on slash procs damage btw

Edited by McCIoud
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, McCIoud said:

I'd recommend Hildryns Pillage for both overshield building and armor stripping, as pillaged range is duration based and equinox likes duration

Thanks for the advice, though I normally run high strength on Equinox, Pillage could be a good choice.

Though you need 200% strength to get as much reduction as the Heat ward, it does reduce shields too.

That said, I'd still like to know how ward's damage works, especially the % of max health one shield bypassing one.

If Rage can push it to +60% of a targets health as toxin damage, before reductions, it could be great for corpus.

2 hours ago, McCIoud said:

> Is it worth running Energy_Transfer, to reapply maim proc after armour reductions and will old applications persist, or be removed when we switch form.

Armor has no effect on slash procs damage btw

I'm pretty sure it does here, as Maim applies one instance of Slash damage, that always procs bleeding and that initial damage will be reduced by all normal modifiers.

Hence why I explained my use of CP over GP.

Edited by TheArcSet
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
25 minutes ago, TheArcSet said:

That said, I'd still like to know how ward's damage works, especially the % of max health one shield bypassing one.

If Rage can push it to +60% of a targets health as toxin damage, before reductions, it could be great for corpus.

The Toxin 5%HP isnt effected by anything, its always 5% of the targets HP

 

25 minutes ago, TheArcSet said:

I'm pretty sure it does here, as Maim applies one instance of Slash dame, that always procs bleeding and that damage will be reduced by all normal modifiers.

The maim Nuke doing the 1 HIT of Slash is effected by armor yes, but not the slash PROC from entering the range of Maim
Slash Procs are based on base damage and base damage mods (serration for primaries, in this case just strength mods), this is why using hunter munitions/slash builds are so effective against armored enemies, You just ignore the armor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, TheArcSet said:

instance of damage that always procs bleeding and I assume it'll scale higher if that packet of damage is reduced less by armour

Nope, the amount of Slash (or total) damage dealt in the hit that applies a Slash proc means nothing for the strength of that Slash proc.

It's simply the base damage of the attack that determines how big the Slash proc damage ends up being.

(Which is why even weapons with no Slash at all can still make use of Hunter Munitions / Slash-proc-forcing Stances / Seeking Talons just fine.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
45 minutes ago, McCIoud said:

The Toxin 5%HP isnt effected by anything, its always 5% of the targets HP

So is it 5% over 7s, or 30% (6*5%) over 7s?

Because if it's not reduced , the latter would be quite powerful.

45 minutes ago, McCIoud said:

The maim Nuke doing the 1 HIT of Slash is effected by armor yes, but not the slash PROC from entering the range of Maim
Slash Procs are based on base damage and base damage mods (serration for primaries, in this case just strength mods), this is why using hunter munitions/slash builds are so effective against armored enemies, You just ignore the armor.

Again, where as Toxic Ward deals a proc without any damage trigger, Maim deals damage that causes a proc, not 1 proc and 1 separate packet of slash damage, so you certain that reducing the value of the initial damage doesn't proportionally reduce the proc it causes?

So your saying that if Maim dealt 100 slash, but the armour reduced that to 50, the enemy would still bleed for 35-ps, not 17ps?

If so that's good to know and I was just being stupid because I haven't looked at it for a while.

Edit: Ok, looked into that again and yes, I was wrong.

Edited by TheArcSet
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
33 minutes ago, TheArcSet said:

Again, where as Toxic Ward deals a proc without any damage trigger,

The damage trigger is the 5%HP

 

33 minutes ago, TheArcSet said:

So is it 5% over 7s, or 30% (6*5%) over 7s?

5% per second (remember toxin damage resists apply to this)

 

34 minutes ago, TheArcSet said:

Maim deals damage that causes a proc, not 1 proc and 1 separate packet of slash damage, so you certain that reducing the value of the initial damage doesn't proportionally reduce the proc it causes?

Maim has 2 parts, first enemies that enter the AoE are afflicted with a slash proc (this is based on power strength, not reduced by armor and only useful for speed running up to meso relics)
So maim isnt doing damage that causes a proc, it just applies a proc

Second, enemies that die in range of Maim get a portion of their HP (not eHP which is math i wont go into but its why you need more to nuke grineer/armored enemies) added to the release of the maim nuke 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

the Armor weakening from Fire Status will work exactly as what would be logical - if the Enemy currenly has less Armor, stuff faces less DR. the Damage Ticks will go up over the course of the Status Effect as a result, as the Status Effect deals Damage just like any other Damage.
so with each second passed, the Armor will be weakened further until half of the Duration. any Damage dealt to the Enemy during these timeframes will face less DR than otherwise.

Toxin Ward will deal 5% of of Max Health as Toxin Damage and apply Toxin Status. that means that if an Enemy has 10,000 Health, it will take 500 Toxin Damage and apply Toxin Status which will tick for 250 Toxin Damage.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...