Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are some weapons that have fallen from grace/meta but still suffer from an extremely low Riven Disposition?

Zahnny

Managed to unveil an Arca Plasmor riven today so I went and undusted my Plasmor that I've not used in a long time only to find all the rolled stats were...Well not really worth it, as in, I was better off using regular mods because the stats are so weak. Wiki says it's a Disposition of 0.65 yet it's been so long since the Arca was relevant or meta that I'm really not sure why it's so low. It's already been nerfed several times and from what I remember, it can't even score headshots anymore at all.

To put it simply, I don't really see it as being a weapon that warrants such a low disposition, maybe it will be fixed with the next Riven revision but I've no clue how that all works internally. The only thing I do know is that the more meta/powerful a weapon is, the lower the disposition, and all new weapons on release will have the lowest disposition until DE can get a better understanding of how strong those weapons are when in player hands.

So with that being said, I doubt the Arca Plasmor is the only victim of having a low disposition even though it's not been meta for a long time. So besides new weapons that haven't been given a curated disposition. What other weapons exist out there that could do with being revitalized with the Disposition system?

i know i'm not going to be as helpful as i could be here, but i don't feel like making an exhaustive list so i will shorten it into say about 1/2-3/4 of all of the Weapons that have had their Rivens dramatically nerfed because of the Weapon being popular in some capacity or the Weapon having fairly high Stats.

and yes overall, Weapons get nerfed down regularly, but Weapons that no longer have a reason to be nerfed down either never come back up or do so at a rate so slowly that you might die of old age before it has useful Rivens again.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

un[nerf] shotgun status and make Phantasma great again?

to be fair, Phantasma is one of the Shotguns that fared very well going through that nerf. it definitely still lost some Status capability but since it is a Continuous Weapon that fires multiple Beams, it actually applies Status fairly well.
it's just kinda missing anything but applying Status to make the Primary Fire good. mediocre Base Damage and no Crits, so must rely on just the Status Effects to carry the Primary Fire.

Telos Boltace. I don't know why they don't buff the disposition. With the Ohma Disposition buffs and the base stats of Kronen Prime, it will never compete with the current Disposition. Everyone knows it's only good for the passive and that's sad. :( 

Xoris better go up. It has a shameful 0.50 Disposition even though every other Glaive is much higher.

Aksomati Prime. The base Aksomati competes with a good Riven which makes the Prime sad to use.

Akstiletto Prime.

I could list so many.

4 minutes ago, maycne.sonahoz said:

Wiki says it's about popularity, not meta/power. AFAIK Arca Plasmor is still popular, hence the low disposition.

[DE]Connor said otherwise in the past. I believe DE stepped away from solely popularity. However, Disposition is still a flawed mechanic that should be removed. Everything should just have a ~1.05 Disposition.

13 minutes ago, maycne.sonahoz said:

Wiki says it's about popularity, not meta/power. AFAIK Arca Plasmor is still popular, hence the low disposition.

10 minutes ago, Voltage said:

[DE]Connor said otherwise in the past. I believe DE stepped away from solely popularity

Well whichever it is doesn't really matter. With the way the META works around here, updates to disposition are either going to be too frequent or too infrequent; we are simply dealing with the later at the moment.

I personally just stopped bothering with rivens altogether. Like, I don't even do the ''so easy they might as well give you the mod unveiled'' challenges anymore. And I am somewhere between dissapointed and livid, every time I get one from a sortie. I basically stopped doing sorties to avoid getting rivens...and I still get rivens...

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

to be fair, Phantasma is one of the Shotguns that fared very well going through that nerf. it definitely still lost some Status capability but since it is a Continuous Weapon that fires multiple Beams, it actually applies Status fairly well.
it's just kinda missing anything but applying Status to make the Primary Fire good. mediocre Base Damage and no Crits, so must rely on just the Status Effects to carry the Primary Fire.

Except the status changes made is so the multiple beams are only considered one beam.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

[DE]Connor said otherwise in the past. I believe DE stepped away from solely popularity. However, Disposition is still a flawed mechanic that should be removed. Everything should just have a ~1.05 Disposition.

If power was being taken into consideration as well then they should’ve stopped nerfing several riven dispos eons ago.

Theres no benefit to gutting sniper rivens anymore. Sniper rifles are Tricap meta. They’re gonna get used without or without rivens.

31 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Except the status changes made is so the multiple beams are only considered one beam.

the opposite, actually. that's why these Weapons are benefitting from Multi-Shot on Status, they're a select few Weapons which get to have their cake and eat it too.
again, your example of Phantasma - it lost some Status capability compared to 100% for sure, but it retained substantially more than most other Weapons did.

which in a way is quite nice, for just these select few Weapons. don't have to use 4 Status Elementals or Et Cetera anymore to hit a Status breakpoint, but can still apply a lot of Status. leaving the opportunity to mix Damage Types that you couldn't before.
but, just for those select few Weapons.

2 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Well whichever it is doesn't really matter. With the way the META works around here, updates to disposition are either going to be too frequent or too infrequent; we are simply dealing with the later at the moment.

I personally just stopped bothering with rivens altogether. Like, I don't even do the ''so easy they might as well give you the mod unveiled'' challenges anymore. And I am somewhere between dissapointed and livid, every time I get one from a sortie. I basically stopped doing sorties to avoid getting rivens...and I still get rivens...

Then give them away lol. I understand not wanting to deal with them but other people love messing around with them.

3 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Why cant DE just un**** shotgun status and make Phantasma great again?

Ironic that you like Phantasma, given it came with you-know-who...

personally I've only recently found a few more weapons I wouldn't mind a Riven for, and I can no longer be bothered to do the more tedious unveil challenges. funnily enough the weapons I want Rivens for are already powerful with low dispositions.  

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Have you used the other beam weapons that are vastly stronger because they’re not completely ruined by the shotgun nerfs?

Its not ruined though? For a while it was in a poor spot, but the Deadlock Protocol stealth buffed it (along with other beam shotguns).
So I'll say again, have you used it at all recently?

58 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Yes, and it’s nowhere close to where it used to be.

I was complaining about Phantasma too, but I picked it back up a few weeks ago  and it's -really- good at killing things again.   There have been so many changes since the shotgun status overhaul, I really can't say for sure if it's as good as it was or not, but at an absolute minimum it's a very effective primary once more.

Fulmin is probably the most recent example of "used to be quite good then moved to 0.6D".

For me it's not so much about weapons that have "fallen from grace" as the decision to make all new weapons start off at the worst possible disposition. It really deflates the excitement of unveiling a new riven for a new weapon that you just finished farming. I get that newer weapons are often just more powerful than older ones so to not be conservative with the disposition has the potential to launch the weapon's effectiveness into the stratosphere, but surely there's a better middle ground somewhere than to start all new weapons in the "riven is usually just a waste of a slot" dispo tier.

Archived