Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amps: How is 223 better than 111?

theninthchevron

Question

15 answers to this question

Base damage is part of it, but critical stats need to be considered as well as AoE and other Amp mechanics. The current best Amp is 177 (127 if you wanted to use Shraksun). Propa scaffold and Certus Brace are basically mandatory for maximum Eidolon DPS, especially with self-stagger being applied to Amps.

45 minutes ago, schilds said:

The aoe. The no.2 prism was popular on the Teralyst because the aoe was just enough to get a number of hits in with each shot, but I believe it struggles with the larger Eidolons. The no.2 scaffold is still used on the larger ones.

actually the new meta is x77, usually 177, I believe.

177 with madurai is nice

777 withour madurai it's also very nice

regarding the question, the shwaak prism (2) have punchthrough, hits more than 1 time. Raplak prism (1) doesn't have any punchthrough, and while pencha scaffold (1) does have punchthrough, it's too litle comapred with the giant aoe of the shraksun scaffold (2)

as aforementioned, i'm basically just going to be saying the same things when i say that the Crits(especially Crit Chance) and whether it can multi-hit is a big driver on how useful an Amp Part is for Eidolon Hunting, not just the Base Damage value.
all of those factors together is what matters.

however i can also say that the Charge Beam Scaffold that you mention, is not only kind meh from having bad Crits despite having multi-hits, but because that Charge forces you to stand there, not Cloaked, for almost a full second before you apply the Damage. this is not good, you could get Killed before you even fire, theoretically. it's just unsafe to use.

13 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

new meta

not really... new. it was always that way if you're using Void Strike.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

Propa scaffold and Certus Brace are basically mandatory for maximum Eidolon DPS, especially with self-stagger being applied to Amps.

in terms of just stagger i don't think it's that big a deal, since Electric Shield will protect you from it.
not that i wouldn't gladly accept removing stupid stagger spam, but i digress

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

as aforementioned, i'm basically just going to be saying the same things when i say that the Crits(especially Crit Chance) and whether it can multi-hit is a big driver on how useful an Amp Part is for Eidolon Hunting, not just the Base Damage value.
all of those factors together is what matters.

however i can also say that the Charge Beam Scaffold that you mention, is not only kind meh from having bad Crits despite having multi-hits, but because that Charge forces you to stand there, not Cloaked, for almost a full second before you apply the Damage. this is not good, you could get Killed before you even fire, theoretically. it's just unsafe to use.

not really... new. it was always that way if you're using Void Strike.

in terms of just stagger i don't think it's that big a deal, since Electric Shield will protect you from it.
not that i wouldn't gladly accept removing stupid stagger spam, but i digress

New as in no longer x23. It hasn't always been that way since 7 wasn't a tier until Vox Solaris was introduced in Fortuna. I know that isn't technically new, but newer?

crits do exponentially more damage to the eidolon because of its wonky dmg formula therefore getting as much cc as possible is advised. The lohrin (tier 3) brace provides 12% additional cc which makes it the preferred brace from cetus. But the 123 is still superior to the 223 in terms of eidolons 

2 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

New as in no longer x23. It hasn't always been that way since 7 wasn't a tier until Vox Solaris was introduced in Fortuna. I know that isn't technically new, but newer?

okay you're right that i was being vague - i was referring to suggesting Raplak as a new pick - it's always really been the thing to pick (or sometimes Klamora, after that existed ofcourse) for Eidolon Hunting. for those that are intending to become proficient at it, that is.

x23 or x27 shoots faster than x1x and Shraksun's projectile pierces hitting Eidolon multiple times. Prism doesnt matter much in Eidolon fights, they maybe shoot faster but Void Strike charges works best on one hard hitting projectile. Only Klamora seem viable if you max out your Madurai Amp ammo passives.
Shraksun scaffold also synergizes well with crit damage Arcane. Other choice can be Propa scaffold, but it needs practice as you will be almost always in the range of explosion.
Shraksun works best when shooting from behind, through the 'foot' towards Eidolon's knee.
Propa works best when shooting in front towards 'belly'
With Klamora, hit it in the d**k (I'm serious).

Archived