Account migration, sooner than we think?

8 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Yes. We're talking about a company that most publishing houses believed had a really good chance of going bust really early on. Getting on the consoles and gaining access to the customer base would have been a very, very important factor in making those decisions, and the platforms would have wanted something in return. 

Admittedly, I never played Dark Sector, and I came into Warframe around the release of the Sacrifice patch, so I'm unfamiliar with DE's rough start. Renegotiation is off the table, then, which kinda sucks.

Here's hoping the Ensmallening™ helps the PS4 version perform better, because the game as a whole is very close to unplayable for me at the moment, and Deimos literally IS unplayable. In fact, since the content release, ALL open worlds crash whenever moving between their social spaces and the open area itself (meaning missions auto-fail which sucks), and I was really hoping to get a Dreadnought Necramech of my own. I own a non-Pro PS4, so that may have something to do with it. Not keen on buying a PS5 JUST for Warframe, either, and there's no other starting titles that pique my interest. Guess I'm a fringe case, which means I'm SoL.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)TheWanderer17 said:

My point was simply that cross save does provide tangible value to player retention.  Especially for games that are expected to last 10+ year (longer than most device lifetimes).

Only if there don't arise any problems from cross save. 
You listed some rather minor advantages. It all depends on the risks that come with the whole process...

2 hours ago, (PS4)Menetius said:

Admittedly, I never played Dark Sector, and I came into Warframe around the release of the Sacrifice patch, so I'm unfamiliar with DE's rough start. Renegotiation is off the table, then, which kinda sucks.

Here's hoping the Ensmallening™ helps the PS4 version perform better, because the game as a whole is very close to unplayable for me at the moment, and Deimos literally IS unplayable. In fact, since the content release, ALL open worlds crash whenever moving between their social spaces and the open area itself (meaning missions auto-fail which sucks), and I was really hoping to get a Dreadnought Necramech of my own. I own a non-Pro PS4, so that may have something to do with it. Not keen on buying a PS5 JUST for Warframe, either, and there's no other starting titles that pique my interest. Guess I'm a fringe case, which means I'm SoL.

The game is nearly unplayable, and,Deimos is literally unplayable? 

How so? Because I'm at max rank with both Deimos syndicates, and was happily running public Iso Vaults earlier today and mucking about in OV. And each time I loaded into a busy instance of either Fortuna or the Necralisk.

I also don't own a PS4 pro, I'm rocking an original (fat) PS4 so I'm pretty sure that doesn't have anything to do with it. 

Might want to look at your connection to the Internet, and maybe think about cleaning the cooling system. 🤷‍♂️

14 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

The game is nearly unplayable, and,Deimos is literally unplayable? 

How so? Because I'm at max rank with both Deimos syndicates, and was happily running public Iso Vaults earlier today and mucking about in OV. And each time I loaded into a busy instance of either Fortuna or the Necralisk.

I also don't own a PS4 pro, I'm rocking an original (fat) PS4 so I'm pretty sure that doesn't have anything to do with it. 

Might want to look at your connection to the Internet, and maybe think about cleaning the cooling system. 🤷‍♂️

Already looked at both, twice: once on my own, and once at Zendesk's behest. No luck.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Menetius said:

Already looked at both, twice: once on my own, and once at Zendesk's behest. No luck.

Well I dunno what to say, Tenno. But I can guarantee that my original PS4 runs it no problem. The fan kicks onto high in the Drift, and OV too, but that's about it. I have run enough missions to rank up the entire way, and buy almost every non-cosmetic blueprint being offered in Deimos gotta get a pile of the new minerals and gems to build all of them and get some more Grangran tokens. 

I've done some long endless missions, and more Isolation Vaults than I would care to count. So whatever is plaguing you isn't a universal problem. 

Come to think of it, I do have the hard drive almost totally empty other than warframe. I have a large external hard drive on it and let most stuff install there instead. 

I've honestly always wondered why there's no cross progress / cross-save and Warframe across the consoles and pc. They're getting pretty close of catching everything up update wise.

There's got to be a pretty good technical reason why they haven't. I can only imagine there's always some issuses with the communication between all of the parties involved. Perhaps it has to do with in game plat sales...

23 hours ago, (PS4)TheWanderer17 said:

1. Own multiple platforms

2. Buy new platforms

3. Have a device kick the bucket

How many people want that do you think? I mean, PS4 doesn't kick the bucket so often that you need to cross-save, should i assume that not that many people play on both PS4 and NDS at the same time?

By the way, i don't think it's going to be cross-save in any foreseeable future, simply because different platform have different builds, and account might be downgraded when transfered from PC to PS4 - some mod might get deleted because it doesn't exist (yet) in PS4 build. How disappointed you're going to be if unobtainable necramech mod is deleted in the migration process? But account-migration (like in subj) might be possible, but not instant, they might migrate your account to PC if you want, but when PS4 patch is approved and all PS4 accounts upgraded to the latest patch.

Another way is to have same build on all platforms which is also unlikely to happen, send your complain to Sony or something.

Edited by 32768
14 minutes ago, HelloItIsIJimbles said:

I've honestly always wondered why there's no cross progress / cross-save and Warframe across the consoles and pc. They're getting pretty close of catching everything up update wise.

There's got to be a pretty good technical reason why they haven't. I can only imagine there's always some issuses with the communication between all of the parties involved. Perhaps it has to do with in game plat sales...

You could probably find a few answers to the questions in this thread. 

the pc version doesnt get a restart/try again every major hardware upgrade, so why would consoles? after the ps3 and x360 all "consoles" are basically pc laptops without a screen, using standard pc components, no custom console stuff, even calling them consoles is a push, the "new" consoles are just the same as the previous with better pc components thrown in, its not like warframe needs a recode for the new console, the ps4 one will probably and should run out of the box with little issue, after all its just a minor hardware upgrade, theres no reason for a fresh new version.

3 hours ago, 32768 said:

How many people want that do you think? I mean, PS4 doesn't kick the bucket so often that you need to cross-save, should i assume that not that many people play on both PS4 and NDS at the same time?

By the way, i don't think it's going to be cross-save in any foreseeable future, simply because different platform have different builds, and account might be downgraded when transfered from PC to PS4 - some mod might get deleted because it doesn't exist (yet) in PS4 build. How disappointed you're going to be if unobtainable necramech mod is deleted in the migration process? But account-migration (like in subj) might be possible, but not instant, they might migrate your account to PC if you want, but when PS4 patch is approved and all PS4 accounts upgraded to the latest patch.

Another way is to have same build on all platforms which is also unlikely to happen, send your complain to Sony or something.

All solvable. 

Where was I complaining exactly? 

Cross save is good for the game, consumer and developer.  Migration is a good interim solution but i do think cross save is a long term win.

Your concern with lost data is not a reason to avoid working towards it.  If that was the way everyone thought, humanity would still be in the stone age.

2 hours ago, (PS4)TheWanderer17 said:

All solvable. 

Where was I complaining exactly? 

Cross save is good for the game, consumer and developer.  Migration is a good interim solution but i do think cross save is a long term win.

Your concern with lost data is not a reason to avoid working towards it.  If that was the way everyone thought, humanity would still be in the stone age.

Of course it's possible, just make all builds the same, so NDS is going to wait when PS4 build is approved and all PC players are going to wait too, and vice versa. Easy. But is it worth it?

What i'm trying to ask is how many people want this?

17 minutes ago, 32768 said:

Of course it's possible, just make all builds the same, so NDS is going to wait when PS4 build is approved and all PC players are going to wait too, and vice versa. Easy. But is it worth it?

What i'm trying to ask is how many people want this?

Many of us want it, the real question is will the people who run the corporations that have the legally binding contracts with DE agree to allow it. So far it looks like the answer is "no". 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Many of us want it, the real question is will the people who run the corporations that have the legally binding contracts with DE agree to allow it. So far it looks like the answer is "no". 

I'm more concerned what is going to happen when console players are going to see og PC bugs, are they going to change their mind or not. And it would be interesting to see how this turns out when DE need 3 or 4 approvals from third-parties before releasing a patch.

On 2020-09-21 at 3:15 AM, 32768 said:

I'm more concerned what is going to happen when console players are going to see og PC bugs, are they going to change their mind or not. And it would be interesting to see how this turns out when DE need 3 or 4 approvals from third-parties before releasing a patch.

Cross-save could still allow for different builds on different platforms. That would be the point of the extra effort. Also, even though it will require some work, it would mostly be balance stuff and figuring out which items should be accessible everywhere and which should not.

It is still more feasible than cross-play which 'would' require the same version across all platforms, which is currently not feasible due to some technical but mostly logistical/legal reasons.

DE needs to be able to release updates/hotfixes at a quick and responsive rate to continue the development of Warframe, and console owners only want -mostly- stable content on their platform. This statu quo is likely not gonna change anytime soon.

Edited by GilgaMelchi
  • 2 months later...
On 2020-09-20 at 1:43 PM, 32768 said:

I kno this thread is old but i just found it and NEED to point out a few things to you about how the migration process will work.

First, NOTHING will be "deleted" from your account. During the original migration anything that you had that was available on the PC but not the console you went was saved into your data during the process and will be "removed". Once that item became available on the console then it would be "added" back to your account like it was never missing to begin with.

Second, DE has been negotiating with Microsoft and Sony for 6 YEARS to try and make it possible for them to allow migrations at will or to enable a cross save system to allow for some form of cross platform play (originally xbox and ps only due to the hardware restrictions). So at this point at least another migration would be warrented for those like me who didn't do the first one because we didn't own or plan to own either of the consoles. But now with PC parts becoming EXTREMELY hard to acquire, either from price or general availability, players are migrating to console because in the long run its more affordable which makes this the perfect time for MS and Sony to allow another migration.

Lastly, ACCOUNT MIGRATION HAS BEEN A THING FOR OVER 6 YEARS! HOW ARE YOU THIS UNINFORMED ON A TOPIC THAT HAS BEEN A CENTER STAGE DISCUSSION FOR NEARLY THE ENTIRE TIME! NEXT TIME, BEFORE YOU WEIGH IN ON A TOPIC DO A LITTLE RESEARCH SO YOU DON'T LOOK LIKE AN IGNORANT AND ARROGANT KNOW-IT-ALL WHO'S GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENT WAS LEARNING HOW TO SUCK ON HIS MOMMA'S TIT!

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Zarosio:

I kno this thread is old but i just found it and NEED to point out a few things to you about how the migration process will work.

First, NOTHING will be "deleted" from your account. During the original migration anything that you had that was available on the PC but not the console you went was saved into your data during the process and will be "removed". Once that item became available on the console then it would be "added" back to your account like it was never missing to begin with.

Second, DE has been negotiating with Microsoft and Sony for 6 YEARS to try and make it possible for them to allow migrations at will or to enable a cross save system to allow for some form of cross platform play (originally xbox and ps only due to the hardware restrictions). So at this point at least another migration would be warrented for those like me who didn't do the first one because we didn't own or plan to own either of the consoles. But now with PC parts becoming EXTREMELY hard to acquire, either from price or general availability, players are migrating to console because in the long run its more affordable which makes this the perfect time for MS and Sony to allow another migration.

Lastly, ACCOUNT MIGRATION HAS BEEN A THING FOR OVER 6 YEARS! HOW ARE YOU THIS UNINFORMED ON A TOPIC THAT HAS BEEN A CENTER STAGE DISCUSSION FOR NEARLY THE ENTIRE TIME! NEXT TIME, BEFORE YOU WEIGH IN ON A TOPIC DO A LITTLE RESEARCH SO YOU DON'T LOOK LIKE AN IGNORANT AND ARROGANT KNOW-IT-ALL WHO'S GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENT WAS LEARNING HOW TO SUCK ON HIS MOMMA'S TIT!

settledown.jpg

10 hours ago, Zarosio said:

2 months later...