Heart of Deimos: Update 29.1.0

hace 2 horas, Duality52 dijo:

A correction: Garuda's Seeking Talons debuff at Rank 3 will have a 75% chance to inflict additional Slash procs. You only need at least 134% Strength to achieve the 100% Status. It got buffed back then from 50% to 75%.

Hey there, thanks for the correction, but that's exactly what I meant by "used to need". On release Garuda asked for 200% strength in order to get 100% bleed chance because it had a base 50%. A year or so later they changed the base value to 75% and it was a GREAT.

Edited by metvincent
5 minutes ago, .Audrey said:

They are not. They're universal skins.

Yes, now that they edited the OP it makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Vyra said:

i remove all my critics on the SKINS

Here is why:

*Edit: Corrected the Oscira weapon skin names. Originally they were dedicated to the new player starter weapons, but we then changed them to be universal Staff, Pistol, Thrown Blade, Rifle, Bow, and Longsword Skins.

They edited it so now we know.. its Universal...
THANKS!

Le 17/09/2020 à 12:55, [DE]Megan a dit :

Marked for Death Changes:

Before we jump into the nitty gritty, let’s revisit what the ‘Marked for Death’ Helminth Infusion is: Stun an enemy; a portion of the next damage you deal to it will be dealt to all enemies around it.

It’s important to note that the description mentions ‘a portion of the next damage’, which was always our intent, meaning we have some bugs to fix and explanations to make on the next steps here.

20c8b3300a4f294d658cf4c336a50286.png

With Marked for Death now in the wild and being experimented with, it was apparent to not be working as intended by overwhelmingly nuking enemies left, right, and center when combined with certain loadouts and due to certain bugs. We recognize the players who brought this forward with understanding that it needs to be addressed. Let’s get into the meat of it:  

• Fixed Mods applying twice to the Marked for Death Damage portion dealt in the AOE.

• Fixed base Damage using the Health/Shield Damage dealt and not capped at the Health+Shield the target had prior (e.g. enemy with 5 Health gets hit by 100 damage, and 100 damage is shared in AOE. It should just be the 5).

• Radial damage was never meant to exceed the target’s Health and this was our bad. The desired strategy we wanted was players prioritizing tank units like Heavy Gunners to do AOE clears since heavy units have more Health than normal, thus the radial AOE would likely be lethal, not just normal units. This issue combined with numerous bugs of Mods stacking meant this was way over powered. A key part of reviewing these changes will be ensuring that players understand the best case scenario we envision for the power is targeting high-Health enemies to do radial damage to weaker enemies. 

• Removed Critical Chance from Marked for Death radial AOE. 

• Capped Damage multiplier stat to 75% and normalized Damage type mults.

• Here’s an example of normalized Damage type: if the Damage you deal is 0.5 Impact, 0.4 Slash, 0.3 Heat that sums to 1.2x but after normalizing they become 0.42 Impact, 0.33 Slash, 0.25 Heat.

• Fixed Marked for Death with Arcane Trickery equipped triggering invisibility almost every time, because each enemy hit by the AoE has its own 15% chance to activate Arcane Trickery.

Well, i didn't saw an good use of those abilities or the capability of removing and setting other habilities on warframe's but i cant see why this ability deserves an nerf, when Baruuk is ingame. This ability revived some good ol' warframes that i didn't saw peaple using in a very long time (like Excalibur or Ash), and i think this nerf is a mistake, because its a very complicated ability to be obtained, you need rank 6 in the helminth, have MR8 to buy the helminth segment, and need's to test this ability in numerous warframes and builds, when Baruuk you just need to have MR 6 and fortuna syndicate to have the most OP warframe ingame that just is game breaking. Also, i dont see any reason to Xaku doenst do damage to Eidolons since he (or she) have the same damage of AMP's, this isnt going to break eidolons, because they already are easy to kill and have no secret about it.

Maybe i had misunderstood the objective of helminth segment, i was thinking that these capability of doing changes was to let warframes that wasn't used in a while good again (because some of then took a "rework" that killed that warframe, or some of those just have useless habilities, like radial javelin), since everyone is nuking with Khora, Baruuk and Saryn, making helminth capable of breaking the "meta", but how we can see, DE's wants to keep the broken meta warframes and guns for like forever. I understood the need of a nerf on M4D, but a single NERF, not making the skill useless. There is some peaple that really like some warframes that nobody uses anymore because they became useless ingame, like Excalibur, Ash and Atlas (need one more rework, like the Xaku) and i think they deserve the right to be good in something, AT LEAST being capable to kill enemies.
By now, helminth system its just a waste of resources.

Since the Add of the "Hard Mode" or the "Steel Path", i feel the need to give warframes 2 more slots, one exclusive for augment's, and one exclusive for "hunter's mod set's or just a common slot.

Also, i think that "Empower" ability should have sinergy with the mods in your build, with a cap of 100% ability strength in the next cast.

Also, the "Master's Summons" should be passive skill to ALL warframes, giving you the capability to spawn your death sentinel or kavat one more time.

Also, i know that is hard to do this but it was going to be good anyway if this came to game, it was going to be good if the prime warframes add was a little bit increased, maybe doing female and male add, there is peaple that doesnt want to wait 4 years to receive their main warframe prime versions, of course i understand completly if this couldn't being implemented, but since Gara's prime version didn't came out in 2 years, that made me worried about Protea's and other's warframe's prime version.

@[DE]Megan and all DE's developers team, cheers to the new update, im a fan of DE's work, but i dont see any reason to nerf the "marked for death" when Baruuk's is ingame. Peaple doesnt like to have something that they like being killed. killed, not nerfed, we accept some nerf's, but not skill killings or warframes being useless.

Wallysonbf.

Edited by wallysonbf
  • Like 8
24 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Avicheas now correctly fly in circles around the spawn call area

Did any players mentioned they always get stuck inside the Cerebus Magmum or whatever at the lower left corner of the map?

Conservation team has more planned 

Yes we need the tranq gun beep sound to beep faster in the direction of the animals instead of us taking a long time wondering where they are because the beeping is not the same as the mining one.

• Like 3

Can people that invested into your beta system get a refund for the wasted resources please.

Wasting Formas on frames that get nerfed is bad enough, but now people wasted tons of resources in a resource sink, just for them to be burned into nothingness with your recent, justified changes.

To further stress this out before I get hate. I'm not complaining about you nerfing shadow strike2.0, I would just like some of my Bile back, because Bile is a mess, which has yet to be addressed.

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, LagerhausJonny said:

I don't decide what abilities are signature and which are not. And going by a few exceptions to proof is typically very difficult. 

So at first, it's "obvious that signature abilities are left out". Then it's suddenly not so obvious because it turns out there are exceptions. Yeah, you don't decide what abilities become universally available. But you're still using this non-valid argument, and it means you 100% agree with their decisions.

11 minutes ago, LagerhausJonny said:

It's not that hard to see that DE wanted to keep the identity of most frames intact and have players interact with them even post-helminth.

Being able to nuke the entire map is not Mirage's identity. She can't even do that without the augment. Actually, being able to nuke has nothing to do with the identity at all. DE could nerf all AoE stuff by universal line of sight mechanics (and more), but frames that have nukes in their kits won't lose their own identities. Saryn keeps her toxic theme, Equinox keeps duality, Mirage is still a trickster and so on.

And by the way, Marked for Death is a universal nuke ability. It's just that it has been nerfed right into useless state an hour ago.

• Like 5

If anyone's game launcher get deleted or blocked do to the anti-virus here how to fix it :

1- Download fresh game installer from https://content.warframe.com/dl/Warframe.msi

2- Use 7-zip to extract "LauncherEXE" from warframe.msi to warframe folder "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Warframe\Tools"

3- Rename LauncherEXE to Launcher.EXE

4- Run the game.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixes towards poor Extraction waypoint pathing in the Grineer Shipyards tileset

It isn't the tileset, it is the game itself. i know it tells you to go the wrong way on the cambion drift, and the ice tilesets, and many others i cant think of right now. you guys broke it when you launched ESO and it has never been as good since then. sometimes it just marks extraction itself and you have no idea how to get there since its 900 meters away

• Like 6

So, no fun allowed, basically.

You're just making Marked for Death provide no benefit at all from using it.

What's the point on having an ability that's so expensive to acquire, and so difficult, cus it's so far ahead in progression, for it to provide no benefit at all from using it.

No one is going to use it now. Because why would we? When we can simply melee or shoot targets in range without using a lot of energy and having to build your frame specifically for this ability.

Marked for Death was great in it's first release, it took building your whole loadout specifically for obtaining a great benefit from using it. It didn't even Nuke enemies in a room, it just killed enemies in a small area, what's broken about that? Don't we already do that with abilities and weapons?

Before we jump into the nitty gritty, let’s revisit what the ‘Marked for Death’ Helminth Infusion is: Stun an enemy; a portion of the next damage you deal to it will be dealt to all enemies around it.

It’s important to note that the description mentions ‘a portion of the next damage’, which was always our intent, meaning we have some bugs to fix and explanations to make on the next steps here.

With Marked for Death now in the wild and being experimented with, it was apparent to not be working as intended by overwhelmingly nuking enemies left, right, and center when combined with certain loadouts and due to certain bugs. We recognize the players who brought this forward with understanding that it needs to be addressed. Let’s get into the meat of it:  

• Fixed Mods applying twice to the Marked for Death Damage portion dealt in the AOE.

• Fixed base Damage using the Health/Shield Damage dealt and not capped at the Health+Shield the target had prior (e.g. enemy with 5 Health gets hit by 100 damage, and 100 damage is shared in AOE. It should just be the 5).

• Radial damage was never meant to exceed the target’s Health and this was our bad. The desired strategy we wanted was players prioritizing tank units like Heavy Gunners to do AOE clears since heavy units have more Health than normal, thus the radial AOE would likely be lethal, not just normal units. This issue combined with numerous bugs of Mods stacking meant this was way over powered. A key part of reviewing these changes will be ensuring that players understand the best case scenario we envision for the power is targeting high-Health enemies to do radial damage to weaker enemies. 

• Removed Critical Chance from Marked for Death radial AOE. 

• Capped Damage multiplier stat to 75% and normalized Damage type mults.

• Here’s an example of normalized Damage type: if the Damage you deal is 0.5 Impact, 0.4 Slash, 0.3 Heat that sums to 1.2x but after normalizing they become 0.42 Impact, 0.33 Slash, 0.25 Heat.

• Fixed Marked for Death with Arcane Trickery equipped triggering invisibility almost every time, because each enemy hit by the AoE has its own 15% chance to activate Arcane Trickery.

Edited by D_Caedus
  • Like 21

DE, with all respect, but you need to work on your quality control.

You NEED to stop releasing content that is "not working as intended" and then take it away later when a lot of "early adopters" have used their time and ressources - and even real money (to buy boosters) to get the stuff you released.

For instance, how did you NOT see how overpowered a Kuva Bramma was before release? Did you test it once? And now that you´ve nerfed it into the ground, you release the Trumna, which performs almost identical to the bramma on its alternate fire. Will you nerf this, too?

Giving the Arquebex a 9th mod slot... and then taking it away. How did you NOT see it? Did it turn out to be too powerful, so you just claim it was never "intended"? We´re not stupid, guys.

Nerfing "Marked for Death" - again to a degree that people will just stop using it (stop putting CAPS on everything!) is again a total failure. Test the stuff BEFORE release. Ask the community to beta test it for some ingame rewards. I am sure you will have more people applying than you can handle. But stop releasing broken content just to nerf it later. Stop abusing your playerbase as betatesters.

I already "smelled" the incoming nerf to M4D and thus didn´t invest into creating an expensive forma intense build, including a formaed hammer that I never used before. I personally skipped the trap, but many people had fun with it and again you slap them in the face.

You guys have created an awesome game, that is mostly free to play (mostly, because it´s not "really" free to play if you don´t want to hit brick walls constantly, aka slot capacity etc.).

And Warframe is also currently my most beloved game. I love it!

But the trend of releasing untested content with corresponding nerfs is unbearable. Was it a mistake to invest into a necramech? Will it be useless in a months time? We can´t tell.

• Like 36

Emphasis on “Untime”, when Xaku is in their skeletal form their other active abilities’ duration will become frozen in time. Once The Vast Untime expires, the duration of those active abilities resume. This was suggested in our feedback readings and we quite enjoyed the play on the ‘untime’ theme and the added benefit to Xaku overall!

"Untime" is Protea's theme. Not only it would have been a perfect fit but Protea also needed this a lot more then Xaku.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

A bit of overkill on the nerf, but not here to weep about the changes.

Not sure whether it is addressed from the past hotfix, it that is not the case then it SHOULD be stated on past hotfixes that stated "Marked for Death's current effect is not intentionally and will received changes/nerf in the future patches".

The ability already requires a lot of bile, which is one of the resources that is consider rare/problematic at this moment, to be infused.

Yet you did not put out any warning beforehand and let a lot of players to dump their resource (especially bile which only have somatic fiber, morphics, thermal sludge, and cryotic that is consider as viable resources for player to feed helminth on) and invest on frames that has synergy with the ability (or just bronco).

I am not being angry that i have dump resources on ability that will get nerf, but i can see they will be a lot of people being angry because it is just waste of resource and investment as the nerf, especially having damage cap with line of sight, makes the ability really bad. 

Anyway time to remove Marked for Death with other ability, move away from that to cut the pain, and simply move on.

(At least Mecha set is still here, let's see whether they will nerf it even though that is even situational than M4D and are clunky in squad play)

If they did stated the nerf before then the whole post is irrelevant. Still the changes is really harsh tho.

Edited by JCask
Fix typos
  • Like 8

Can we please get some acknowledgement of the problem with the mod capacity for the Necramech? Forcing us to load up every slot with a forma polarity means some mods can't even be played with, it acutely limits configurabilty of the mech and instantly consigns the more niche mods (melee) into the garbage. You can't just introduce this thing in this flawed state and then get around to fixing it when you feel like it.

Honestly there is no other piece of gear in the game with a completely inadequate mod capacity such that not every slot can even be used. It's ridiculous. And those who only found this out after adding a forma to every slot... well the damage is done. Wasted forma and a mech with a completely restricted mod grid.

I have to say it really shows that very little thought or testing was put into the mech and its mods. Just the simplest test of a maxed mod build on your behalf would have revealed this issue, in a second.

• Like 8

"How it will work" should be rephrased to "How we hope it will work.", we all know that Vast Untime is gonna have to be changed when people slap Smite Infusion (or Roar, or some other damage buff) on and have Vast Untime's duration added to their obscene power strength damage buff lol.

Edited by Opyt