Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Update 29.1.0

[DE]Megan

so when will yall fix the launcher downloading updates instead of leaving it to steam, which would not only save you guys a lot of money with unnecessary update server(s) but also speed up a LOT updates when they're out and thousands of players are downloading at the same time?(I'm also guessing you guys got only 1 download server and its in NA, right? If that is the case, people from other places will experience slower download speeds even if their internet is fine/good because packet loss)

4 minutes ago, Edora_ said:

realy nice update! it seems you have added in the kitgun rifles as an seperated mastery progress now i just noticed, i have all 4 gilded and max as rifles and pistol  but i haven't got them marked as done in my profile for the rifle section is this a bug or?

might be a bug or might just be the kitgun Father is supposed to sell that sneaked in

I'm very glad you got some fixes and changes in. 

But you still, and I cannot believe this, but still haven't fixed Bile or other helminth costs. I have over 6k hours, buy every prime access, and never took time off from the game for years until I saw these costs and experimented. I can only hope others have done the same and you've seen a vast untime of veterans because of Bile alone. You know it's wrong. You just think it'll make people play more to grind the stuff. It won't. It makes them disgusted and stop playing. 

But hey... Cosmetics am I right? 

• Deny beam is too thin and not long-range.
  • Weapons from Grasp of Lohk require too close range to fire. Xaku is not a tank to get close to the enemy. This firing range makes the use of a weapon from  Grasp of Lohk more meaningless, because it is much more effective to destroy the enemy with your weapon (especially melee weapons) at such a distance than waiting for this ability to kill the enemy. This ability is needed to help Xaku in a fight with the enemy, not to increase the chance of his death.

I HAVE VERY HOPE this "new compression technology" will not destroy my hard drive like it did after the DDOS Attack on DE servers, during the introduction of the "Plain of Eidolon". I have no money for a new hard.

And why, during Cache Optimization, the optimization is canceled and the window "35 GB of free hard disk space is required" pops up. What the hell is 35 GB if the game is already installed?? This is optimization, not installation. WTF?

9 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Update fails everytime. Reaches 100%, tells me it's corrupted, and restarts again. Yeah, the whole 6Gb.

I'm annoyed at all those updates I have to restart 20 times before they actually work.

If your internet is unreliable you can disable bulk download in the launcher settings. The default is faster but doesn't handle bad connections as well.

I appreciate the fixes, but...

You have done it yet again. Marked for dead is ...well, dead. I just did my usual tests and it just.. it is not worth it anymore, dont bother. 

I speak with very good intentions... DE, you should really consider how you nerf stuff... it is always the same with you. Is there something fun and powerfull ? well, you kill it. Completely.

You need to take it easy... Was it too much damage ? perhaps, but the reality of it is that it had very limited/niche uses, mostly used when playing solo for fun, becouse it really does not work when playing on a team (consistently). 

You see what you are doing with Xaku ? there will be several waves of buffs based on feedback, right ? well, you should nerf your stuff the same way... just nerf it, a little bit, see how it behaves... still overpowered ? nerf a little bit more... But DE, you just destroy, completely. 

I am NOT saying Marked for dead did NOT need nerfs. I am just saying that the way you nerf stuff is indredibly hard, and most of the time you just ruin the item/weapon/whatever you are nerfing to the point of not being worth the trouble anymore. 

(At least this is just an infused skill... it hurts way more when it is something with 6 formas invested on it)

Was playing like crazy to get my hands on that Marked for Death ability and to have some nuking fun with it. Well, I didn't make it in time. Can't say much hype left now, with how disappointing the necramechs have been to me personally.

Thanks for bug fixes, please stop nerfing everything that's fun.

Since I updated my game, all my warframes have incorrect stats. For example, my Frost Prime at rank 30 has less default shield than he should have when unranked (he's at 131 shield at the moment. Wiki says that should be 545 for level 30 and 175 at unranked).

This hurts a bit.

I'll just leave it here:

• No votekick or leave squad option (last one could be working everywhere)
  • No independent extraction - using button press on the extraction door
  • No independent extraction from RJ missions
  • Double doors are still with us
  • Wall strikes are still with us
  • Host migration is still with us (the end of 2020 is around the corner)
  • There's no proper way to expose items for trades - PoE way could do, trade chat is trash
  • Enemy spawn algorithms are still trash
  • Camera is way too close to the frame on the hubs
  • RJ's arti is unable to aim faraway targets because of poor mouse support and lack of magnification
  • Said poor mouse support also helps aiming with sniper rifles
  • A lot of blinding particles around to help aiming better as well
  • Someone is still eager to implement atrocious RNG designs and worst trashpractices to keep people in
  • Loadout-dependent gear wheel and also better gear wheel management
  • Vazarin nerf is trash
  • Pookong is not nerfed enough so far
  • End mission screen is still trash
  • Exodia Contagion critical chance is still bugged
  • Netcode and matchmaking are still bad
  • Bugged navigation
  • something wrong with exposure

Please revert or rework the nerfs to marked for death. I understand if there were unintended interactions that broke the damage, but please consider how this impacts under played frames that currently have no AoE damage abilities. Having this finally made me feel powerful and have fun playing as Nyx my favorite frame and now it is back to being useless. Atleast revert the overkill it seems so pointless to limit this to  where if you cast on a low health target you basically just wasted energy. Removing all of the power out of an ability instead of just patching the exploits seems way overkill and not a good way to actually balance, it seems like a total kneejerk reaction. 

4 minutes ago, [DE]Glen said:

If your internet is unreliable you can disable bulk download in the launcher settings. The default is faster but doesn't handle bad connections as well.

I'm pretty sure its not just their internet. I've 100Mbps, and tests show its absolutely fine, but the download speed right now is  240KBps, most likely due to this 

9 minutes ago, elpeleq42 said:

so when will yall fix the launcher downloading updates instead of leaving it to steam, which would not only save you guys a lot of money with unnecessary update server(s) but also speed up a LOT updates when they're out and thousands of players are downloading at the same time?(I'm also guessing you guys got only 1 download server and its in NA, right? If that is the case, people from other places will experience slower download speeds even if their internet is fine/good because packet loss)

2 minutes ago, kazeyama said:

Removing all of the power out of an ability instead of just patching the exploits seems way overkill and not a good way to actually balance, it seems like a total kneejerk reaction. 

that is DE's way of balance. they're no stranger to overkill and useless nerfs that had no place existing.

I hope everyone who infused Marked for Death will get their resources fed to Helminth refunded. I mean, if trash like Deimos captura scene warrants a refund, this one should too, right?

Also, stop calling Xaku's damage "void damage". Void damages works against Eidolon shields. Xaku's doesn't.

Archived