Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Update 29.1.0

[DE]Megan

58 minutes ago, LagerhausJonny said:

In case you are not familiar what is behind download cache optimizations: it's actually asset texture compression that takes so long. And no, they cannot easily stop using that system as it would likely double or tripple the install size of the game. They could make it an option, though.

It was optional but they forced this in current update.

2 minutes ago, CouncilofTheSeven said:

It's not a steam thing, I run standalone my download is about 1/10 of normal.

I didnt say it was a steam thing, I said its a DE servers thing. They either cant handle all the players downloading or will suffer packet loss when people arent close enough to them, which slows down download speeds. 

What I said was: updates should be done through steam, and the launcher should only do things like diagnostics and disk optimizations(for steam players, obviously)

RE: Marked for death: The double-dipping, ability of the ability to crit, etc., definitely needed to go.

However, the effectiveness of the ability is very low given:

• It now also has an effective cap of 75% of the target enemy's current health and shields.
  • The static, non-modifiable range of the ability (as the arsenal UI indicates)
  • It distributes the damage as the same types dealt, and apparently (?) applies modifiers an additional time, resulting in armor and such applying twice.

Counterpoint to consider: Modifiers such as viral applying.

Options to address the ability's shortcomings:

1. Increasing the cap to 100%. Potential balance nuisance with cases such as Fatal Teleport Ash. (As reminder: Saryn, Equinox and such still exist and still need addressing.)
  2. Making it scale with range stats, for both cast range and radius. Allows using a max range build bringing a medium sized room to near-death.
  3. Make the ability convert damage dealt entirely to true damage.

Considering the counterpoint: possibly make the damage not scale with further modifiers at all.

I'm more in favor of options 1 and 2, though only together if you nerf the radius by at at least half.

First off, thanks for not forgetting Garuda.
Second, Mirage's Hall of Mirrors is horribly broken, but I guess it isn't important before a new big boss.
Third, I understand that Marked for Death needed to be hit (and fixed separately), but by reading these changes it looks like it cannot (reliably) kill enemies in normal gameplay anymore - you are pretty much required to use viral with it - making it undesired.
Fourth, Expedite Suffering.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb [DE]Megan:

Grasp of Lohk:

• Increasing the speed at which enemies are disarmed so that it occurs earlier in the casting animation. Also increasing the casting animation speed overall. 

• Currently, the point of when enemies are disarmed once Grasp of Lohk is cast is far too delayed. 

• Increased Grasp of Lohk’s disarming range from 8m to 15m.

• Not to be confused with firing range, this increase allows a bigger berth for choosing victims to disarm with Grasp of Lohk. 

• Allowing Grasp of Lohk to be recast. 

• How it will work: Any existing Grasp of Lohk weapons will simply be replaced by the new cast up to the maximum amount of targets.

• Currently, once Grasp of Lohk is cast, you are locked with the weapons that were grabbed until the end of the ability’s duration. This is obviously limiting if the ability was cast with undesired effect. To counteract this limitation, we are adding the option to recast with the added benefit of resetting the ability’s duration and disarming a new set of enemies where/when desired. 

It needs to not target enemies held up by Gaze. It gets really difficult to tell how good the ability is if the damage is wasted on a target that is for all intents and purposes already dead.

Of course people are complaining about Marked for Death.

Guys... this ability was beyond broken. Even with the bug removed. Wish Ash you could get 99% of the damage and kill of your whole squad in lv300+ content by yourself. OF COURSE it would be nerfed. It was beyond busted.

Also it made abilities like Wisp's 3 or Vauban's 1 (WITH AUGMENT NEEDED) looks downright bad as it was simply better in everything.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Marked for Death Changes:

Before we jump into the nitty gritty, let’s revisit what the ‘Marked for Death’ Helminth Infusion is: Stun an enemy; a portion of the next damage you deal to it will be dealt to all enemies around it.

It’s important to note that the description mentions ‘a portion of the next damage’, which was always our intent, meaning we have some bugs to fix and explanations to make on the next steps here.

20c8b3300a4f294d658cf4c336a50286.png

With Marked for Death now in the wild and being experimented with, it was apparent to not be working as intended by overwhelmingly nuking enemies left, right, and center when combined with certain loadouts and due to certain bugs. We recognize the players who brought this forward with understanding that it needs to be addressed. Let’s get into the meat of it:  

• Fixed Mods applying twice to the Marked for Death Damage portion dealt in the AOE.

• Fixed base Damage using the Health/Shield Damage dealt and not capped at the Health+Shield the target had prior (e.g. enemy with 5 Health gets hit by 100 damage, and 100 damage is shared in AOE. It should just be the 5).

• Radial damage was never meant to exceed the target’s Health and this was our bad. The desired strategy we wanted was players prioritizing tank units like Heavy Gunners to do AOE clears since heavy units have more Health than normal, thus the radial AOE would likely be lethal, not just normal units. This issue combined with numerous bugs of Mods stacking meant this was way over powered. A key part of reviewing these changes will be ensuring that players understand the best case scenario we envision for the power is targeting high-Health enemies to do radial damage to weaker enemies. 

• Removed Critical Chance from Marked for Death radial AOE. 

• Capped Damage multiplier stat to 75% and normalized Damage type mults.

• Here’s an example of normalized Damage type: if the Damage you deal is 0.5 Impact, 0.4 Slash, 0.3 Heat that sums to 1.2x but after normalizing they become 0.42 Impact, 0.33 Slash, 0.25 Heat.

• Fixed Marked for Death with Arcane Trickery equipped triggering invisibility almost every time, because each enemy hit by the AoE has its own 15% chance to activate Arcane Trickery.

Thanks for the hotfix. I think these changes make sense and are understandable, all things considered.

However, I think your useage stats are going to quickly show this ability go from heavily experimented with, to next to zero, which probably isn't the intention.

The problem is the RANGE. The double dipping was obvious to us experimenting with it and the damage was clearly more than intended, but that insane damage allowed us to even use stuff like overextended to make up for the really, really low base range of the ability. But now... even if we target heavy units... it's going to be almost impossible to have both any kind of decent power and range at the same time. Please take these concerns to the dev team, and consider a small range buff. 

Thank you. 

i saw the post for M4D. at least say that you're nerfing it, not that you change it to fit your "original intent". that's exactly what happened everytime something was strong. nerf it to the ground and then going back to them 2 years later to fix it and make it playable again. And yes i'm specifically reffering to Ember. Also thanks for these skins that are for pretty much the WORST weapons in the game. You do know that you made some weapon skins be universal right? how about making that the NORM????

Are you serious? First off, why add the Snake skin and Sigil to the Necraloid syndicate if you were just going to charge Platinum for them? Second, while I understand charging Platinum for Necramech skins in general, charging for these cosmetic items (which were a big part of the finale of the Deimos quest) comes off as transparently greedy, especially after Rebecca explicitly stated that there is a huge demand for Necramech cosmetics. The Snake skin and Sigil should be obtainable with Necraloid standing with how they are an important part of the quest and lore.

1 hour ago, Duality52 said:

More once more:

• Companion Mods (Vacuum/Fetch, Animal Instinct) should still function
  • Innate Health and Energy Regeneration.
  • Smoother transitions after charging. The pauses after the charges are pace-breaking.
  • Adjust the modding as even with 9 Formas, you can't slot a final mod into the mech's 12th slot.

This would have been a great addition to today's update/fix.

Conservation values are still completely out of whack compared to other open worlds. even if fishing value is doubled from these changes (its not) it will still give ~40% less standing per fish than other open worlds. 

Improved wild spawns do not change how little each animal is worth, even the rarest animal is only worth 1000 standing IF you have good rng on son's deals

Mining gives next to 0 standing, with each gem only worth 5-75 standing and that's with VERY generous math

Overall conservation gives 40-95% less standing per activity. 

vor 22 Minuten schrieb [DE]Glen:

If your internet is unreliable you can disable bulk download in the launcher settings. The default is faster but doesn't handle bad connections as well.

What can I do?

Everytime my download is done, I get this error and I have to start the whole download again. 

0j6wxkN.png

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Conservation Changes & Fixes:

• An accumulation of Community and Developer feedback have brought forth a handful of Avichea changes and fixes:

• Avicheas now correctly fly in circles around the spawn call area once they reach it instead of hovering directly above it, sometimes widely out of range.

• This brings Avicheas in line with other flying animals like the Sawgaw, where they fly closer to the call point and land near it. 

• Diversified ambient Avichea encounters so that they can either be encountered flying around an area or low down perched on the ground.

• Previously ambient Avicheas were only found flying high in the sky, which could easily be missed to the busy eyes. 

• Increased the spawn chances of ambient Avichea encounters.

• Improvements towards Avichea animations.

• This also fixes cases of ambiently spawned Avichea’s 'slowly ascending to the heavens'. 

• Fixed Avicheas (and Mergoos) not flying away when gunfire is nearby.

• Birds do as birds do - Warframe ain’t no different! Being stealthy is key for catching these animals.

What about the issue where Avicheas spawn inside the infested structure located where the call points are over half the time you call them?

Just tested Xaku in the Sortie. The changes are steps in the right direction, Xaku is now actually fun to be play and the ult is useful.

However, a few major issues remain to be fixed:

• Void status procs are still detrimental due to them turning headshots into bodyshots, and generally not stacking. People have posted lots of good ideas, just do something with it that is not an actual disadvantage for us.
  • Accuse needs to become recastable in the same way as Grasp of Lohk (i.e. new cast replaces the effect of the previous one). Especially now that The Vast Untime halts the timer, it means you cannot accuse new targets for a very long times as long as even one of them is still alive.
  • Base range of Accuse and Gaze must be increase by 50%, right now range mods are still mandatory to make these ability useful to begin with.
  • Gaze armor strip needs to be increased to 70% default value. Right now it takes multiple power strength mods to reach 100% here, which is the only meaningful threshold, and all other similar abilites do 70% by default for the same reason. Otherwise, Xaku builds become too restrictive especially also in light of the need for power range mods in addition to power strength.
  • Please make the infested overgrowth on from Xata's Whisper an option in the Arsenal. Many players, myself included, hate the look of it, which also makes this ability much less desirable as a subsumed ability in the Helminth.

Archived