Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Update 29.1.0

[DE]Megan

Yet another overreaction nerf. There was no reason to nerf MfD at all. Yes, it could one shot a lot of things. Not everything, but a lot of things. It was power hungry, required LoS, had massive problems with enemies at different elevations, and had just enough range to be fun. You may not think it was balanced because there were big numbers but that's because the only thing you looked was the big numbers. Khora, Saryn, Volt, Equinox, or any other room nuke frame aren't problems. Nah, MfD was the problem.

MfD is not balanced now, it's useless.

EDIT:

Now that I look at it more closely, the tooltip video you used for the ability directly contradicts your own statements.

The desired strategy we wanted was players prioritizing tank units like Heavy Gunners to do AOE clears since heavy units have more Health than normal, thus the radial AOE would likely be lethal, not just normal units.

If this is the case, then why does the tooltip video only have a single enemy type, and why would you mark a non-heavy unit?

unknown.png

And furthermore, the very screenshot you used to point to the description saying a "portion of damage" includes a frame from the tooltip video that clearly shows the extra enemies around the mark being killed.

20c8b3300a4f294d658cf4c336a50286.png

The tooltip video is supposed to show how you can use the ability. It does not show anything even resembling your "desired strategy".

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Made a large number of small optimizations to the UI system.

Soo i hope this includes fixing the UI bug that removes the world map nodes and the ESC Menu in the top left corner.... the same bug you fixed in 2016 and 2018 that returned with the new UI change for Mission Clear....... Every time some one press "Repeat Mission" the UI disappears!

Radial damage was never meant to exceed the target’s Health and this was our bad

5 minutes ago, Deminisis said:

Whipclaw is Spammable.

Works through walls.

Easy upkeep with naramon.

Doesn't use some gimmick to set up.

Teammates cannot mess up your cast.

Uses less energy.

agreed. whipclaw has no downtime because skill itself is an non targetting aoe.

not only do i have to target a mob and damage that specific mob, now I have to ensure that target is "healthy" to ensure my own ability will deal "proper dmg"?

i dont see why M4D has to be some random 1 ability that requires so many steps to simply deal AoE damage.

2 minutes ago, Byfe said:

Radial damage was never meant to exceed the target’s Health and this was our bad

agreed. whipclaw has no downtime because skill itself is an non targetting aoe.

not only do i have to target a mob and damage that specific mob, now I have to ensure that target is "healthy" to ensure my own ability will deal "proper dmg"?

i dont see why M4D has to be some random 1 ability that requires so many steps to simply deal AoE damage.

Whipclaw does not NEED to build for range AND efficiency.

10 minutes ago, LixSin said:

It also doesn't work for primary kitguns, which is probably the biggest oversight, since they need it the most.

Thank you for checking/posting.  At least "Universal Medallions" don't cost Platinum, but this bundle is a whopping 795 Platinum.  I realize many trade for Platinum so it's not a big deal for them, but for those of us who actually spend money on this game to purchase platinum, the description used to describe these skins is very misleading.

5 minutes ago, Corvid said:

They are universal, it's just not labelled as such.

The Rifle skin is not universal.

SNAKE NECRAMECH SIGIL

This distinctive serpentine Sigil adds venomous menace to any Necramech. As a bonus, a Warframe compatible Snake Sigil is included when purchasing the snake Necramech Sigil!

SNAKE VOIDRIG SKIN

Rusty but trusty. This skin revives the glory of the legendary Old War Necramech, Snake.

*Find both the Snake Necramech Sigil and the Snake Voidrig Skin with the Necraloid Syndicate for Platinum in the Necralisk!

> for Platinum

Literally drowning in standing with nowhere to go and new additions are for plat, great.

• Fixed rare case of a player's Warframe ceasing to exist after Transferring into a Necramech, resulting in an inability to Transference back into your Warframe.

Emphasis mine. This is a VERY welcome fix, but the choice of word is puzzling to say the least. This bug happened to me in exactly half the missions in which I tried using the necramech. In the Isolation Vault missions in which I did not, but someone else did, it happened around a third of the missions. The bugs forum was littered with threads reporting it. That's a very stretched definition of rare. With that said, thank you for fixing it, it was a really awful bug, and gamebreaking (and frequent!) enough that it made me not want to engage with the entire system until it was fixed. I'm looking forward to giving the Voidrig another, proper try.

Some random comments on other points, while I wait for the download:

• I only just finished building Xaku, but most of the changes seem like improvements. I'd talked to people who played the frame and there seemed to be a consensus that it's very fun but underpowered. The changes seem like a big step to fixing this.
  • Marked for Death: I'm still one rank away, but it was obvious from how powerful it was that a nerf was coming. Thank you for thoroughly explaining why the changes are more bug fixing than nerfing. Of course it's disappointing to lose power as a player, but I think it's more palatable when it's more obviously bugs rather than bad balancing.
  • Conservation changes are way too few and insignificant to make me more interested. One suggestion I've seen floated around often is to make the beeping on the Tranq more like the mining drill. As it is now, trying to see an orange glow on orange animals against the wavy orange grass growing out of an orange earth beneath the orange sky is just too difficult. I have captured about two dozen white velocipods, supposedly the rarest ones, while I have never even seen some of the common lower tier animals - this really seems quite off to me. Unless much more dramatic changes are made to Convervation there are better ways to get standing, and it's MUCH more efficient to get Son tokens by trading in max rank Viziers, since these are all over the place. Speaking of:
  • Fish spawn rate changes sound wonderful on paper, and I'm looking forward to testing them. Changes to Exocrine requirements are another case of punishing early adopters and leaves a bit of a bad taste. That said, if fish really do spawn at non-ridiculous rates now, it'll make crafting antigen/mutagen and turning in max rank pets a really good way to farm Son tokens.
  • Helminth infusion to configs should be made a bit more universal. If I have Empower on my #1 in config A, I think it should be possible to move it to #2 and/or to config B without removing it and then paying the infusion costs all over again. I've done extremely little experimentation with the system and have stuck to a handful of abilities on even fewer frames, because the resource cost and specifically the time gating that results is too punishing; I have enough of most resources, but not enough to justify a 10x increased cost to bypass the time gate.
  • The fixes to Latrox Une seem nice, but I still abort out of the bounty and restart a new one every time he shows up. Trying to get him samples, when most enemies will not drop them no matter how close they are to him, or even if he's the one killing them, makes it take way, way too long. When that one stage takes longer than aborting and redoing the entire bounty, it's simply not worth it.
  • That Harindi Crater was one big ????? funny moment for my friend and I when it happened to us. I'm almost going to miss it.

Marked for Death - yet another nerf nobody wanted.
You just nerfed one of VERY FEW abilities that allowed weaker frames to be on par with nuke frames.
Resource costs issues? Swept right under the rag.
Any compensation for people who already spent these resources? Of course not, why would you even suggest that.

Loving the k-drive skins, though it'd be nice if they didn't play k-drive sounds when you drive them. As well as the ability to tint the eye textures with your emissives. Love the different texture styles but I think you should be able to recolor them.

Edit: Oh and the glowing VFX that comes off of the wings seems to stay default color of the Velocipod, instead of the colors you chose.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • General polish and cleanup of sounds in the Arsenal to remove unintended sounds.

Thanks!  That was annoying but I'm not sure it had to go scorched-earth and remove all vehicle sounds from the arsenal entirely.

Note that when downloading the update the launcher will do an automatic optimize pass before downloading more (this is necessary to free up space for the new remastered content).

You could probably be a little more up front about how long this update will actually take to install.  Optimizing the cache takes at least half an hour on my toaster.

5 minutes ago, ESYLD said:

The Rifle skin is not universal.

It works on more than just the Braton. I've tested it, and it can be put on the Burston, Panthera and Karak without issue.

It's probably similar to the premium pistol skins we've received in the past, where it doesn't work on some weapons due to issues with the weapon's base models (For instance, the Velox, Cyanex, Nukor and Tysis are all incapable of equipping skins).

*Edit: Corrected the Oscira weapon skin names. Originally they were dedicated to the new player starter weapons, but we then changed them to be universal Staff, Pistol, Thrown Blade, Rifle, Bow, and Longsword Skins. That's my writing error - sorry!

Could we get an explanation on why Platinum is being charged for the Snake Necramech skin and Sigil when we had access to them in the quest, as well as to why they are a part of the Necraloid syndicate when you dont use Necraloid standing to purchase them?

These cosmetic items really should be obtainable with standing. I'm fine with paying Platinum for Necramech cosmetics in general, but this feels rather greedy to charge Platinum for access to cosmetics that already existed in the game since the launch of Deimos (cosmetics that are important to the finale of the quest mind you) to jump on the "high demand for Necramech cosmetics" as Rebecca put it. Necraloids need more items to get with standing anyways.

Everyone saying Ash is completely dead needs to learn how to play Ash. FT is back to being his weakest build, yes, but if you guys take some time to actually look at his kit and augments you'll find he's a VERY versatile frame. I say this as someone who has spent more time playing Ash than most people have played Warframe at all: He was not and still is not dead.

"Fixed rare case of a player's Warframe ceasing to exist after Transferring into a Necramech, resulting in an inability to Transference back into your Warframe. "

This is all and everything I wanted to hear. Now I no longer have to be afraid that 40 minutes of my time, loot and affinity will go into Fass dung.

5 minutes ago, ESYLD said:

Thank you for checking/posting.

Checked out a bunch of other rifles and there's a lot that don't work. Fulmin, Amprex, Basmu, Zenith, etc.

So it seems like it basically only works for your run-of-the-mill assault rifles like Soma, Karak or Braton.

1 minute ago, Maniac523 said:

Everyone saying Ash is completely dead needs to learn how to play Ash. FT is back to being his weakest build, yes, but if you guys take some time to actually look at his kit and augments you'll find he's a VERY versatile frame. I say this as someone who has spent more time playing Ash than most people have played Warframe at all: He was not and still is not dead.

Ash is okay. Niche but does the job.
The Marked For Death nerf though? Absolutely unwarranted.

Archived