Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Update 29.1.0

[DE]Megan

11 hours ago, bobdaduck said:

Patch checks for enough disc space only on main hard drive, and won't update: "Your computer does not have enough disc space"

maybe try setup a software raid though I am unsure if it will allow you todo this with a removable drive, but could fool it into thinking there is more storage? https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-set-up-raid-windows-10,36783.html

ESO related feedback for Xaku.

Simaris overly locks Xaku's abilities. Dismissing the durration aspect of Xaku's 4 key counts as using the ability and thus as a mark that will lock it. Also all 3 of the 3 key abilities share a lock. So just casting them all 3 in succession could cause a lock. Deny I feel like is supposed to be spammable? So it should be omitted from the lock. All of Xaku's 3 key's should be, sort of like other abilities intended to be used frequently like Khora's 1 key. 

I'm just now getting back into the game, and I'm going through the introductory quest for Deimos, and... has anyone else been completely unable to get three fish for Daughter? Cetus spears work, and I get the fish-caught animation, but the HUD never credits me. It's not just a UI update problem, because I've caught well over a dozen fish at any given time.

Worse, when I switched to Fortuna spears, I ran into a situation where after the stun (or if I derped and missed the stun the first time), the line would go directly from my warframe's hand to the fish, following it along, and the UI would lock up, leaving me with no choice but to ESC->Abort Mission. So I'm stuck there until something happens. It's a real bummer, because it's been gorgeous and well-done so far. :(

Community team, thanks for everything you do!

In regards to the helminth system, many warframe abilities in general, and even primary and secondary weapons - the teams responsible for balancing really ought to adopt a philosophy of buffing weak abilities rather than nerfing the stronger ones. 

1) Nerfs over buffs really seem to contribute to negativity in the community and disfavor towards the company, especially when  misguided/irrelevant to the overall balance of the game.

2) More good options in terms of player choices drives engagement, while the reduction of better options reduces it. More good options gives us more reasons to forma, apply catalysts, farm rivens, spend platinum, etc. - all the while giving players more reason to play the game for longer. 

3) More good options creates more potential for "build diversity." Less good options push the meta towards lesser diversity of tools and tactics used by players, as the good options become even more limited.

I know these points and many others have been made to death on the forums, but I feel this is a fundamental problem that comes up repeatedly. 

Please, if you guys are able, pass this on to the teams responsible game balance. I truly believe the company and the community would greatly benefit from this sort of shift in balancing practices. Please, buffs over nerfs.

Thank you DE, we all just care really hard.

9 hours ago, dimekikko said:

Primary Kitguns are shown in the equipment section of my profile. These are already rank 30, will I get a mastery?

Reveal hidden contents

51EpH9U.jpg

Try equipping one of them go into a mission and kill enemies then back on your ship check your profile, we had that problem in Orb Vallis with K-Drives you had to re-equip them and use them for the MR to show.

This might be the same, I'm not logged in to test it myself.

EDIT: Yes it works, they now show up as mastered in my profile but no MR points, we must have got them when we first ranked them up.

EDIT:
It's even easier to fix just equip weapon go through the gates at any open world and straight back in. (I did mine on Deimos)

Can we please get a fix to affinity being lost on host migration, not sure if it occurs everywhere but I've been having a hard time leveling up my necramech in the openworld free-roam because every time the host extracts or I leave squad to extract individually I loose all the affinity gained. Really bothersome.

Also I've noticed when running other missions that the end of mission screen shows huge affinity gain for the Arquebex, but going to the arsenal after closing the end of mission screen reveals that no affinity was gained(which makes sense).

30 minutes ago, YonYonson said:

Community team, thanks for everything you do!

In regards to the helminth system, many warframe abilities in general, and even primary and secondary weapons - the teams responsible for balancing really ought to adopt a philosophy of buffing weak abilities rather than nerfing the stronger ones. 

1) Nerfs over buffs really seem to contribute to negativity in the community and disfavor towards the company, especially when  misguided/irrelevant to the overall balance of the game.

2) More good options in terms of player choices drives engagement, while the reduction of better options reduces it. More good options gives us more reasons to forma, apply catalysts, farm rivens, spend platinum, etc. - all the while giving players more reason to play the game for longer. 

3) More good options creates more potential for "build diversity." Less good options push the meta towards lesser diversity of tools and tactics used by players, as the good options become even more limited.

I know these points and many others have been made to death on the forums, but I feel this is a fundamental problem that comes up repeatedly. 

Please, if you guys are able, pass this on to the teams responsible game balance. I truly believe the company and the community would greatly benefit from this sort of shift in balancing practices. Please, buffs over nerfs.

Thank you DE, we all just care really hard.

They are actually in a really tough spot in regards to buffing the abilities involved in the helminth system.

The vast majority of abilities are mediocre because they were mediocre to begin with, on their home Warframes.

The reason they were mediocre is because they weren't particularly well synergized within their home frames to begin with.

The reason they were picked for the system is for the same reason: If you look closely, you'll notice most of them weren't heavily tied into their original warframe's mechanics (or if they were, didn't amount to much in practice), it's very easy to just pick them up and transplant them.

This puts DE in a tough position where if they buff the abilities to synergize better in their original frame, it'll make it so trading one ability for another with the helminth system will almost always result in the trade being a nerf.

Conversely, if they buff these abilities to be very strong in a very general, non-specific way, such as Roar/Warcry, etc, they end up in a situation where there's going to be many cases where an ability is vastly more powerful on another frame who's functionality was never considered in the original design of the ability. Resulting in a outright power creep and even more verticality in the meta.

Honestly, I think the Helminth system was pretty much doomed from the start. The design philosophy of Warframe is very much one of exclusivity and isolation, where nearly every frame in the game is designed separately, by its own standards. The lack of universal standards between frames makes for a game where the different "characters" are very interesting individually, and there's enormous room for variety between frames. But it also means unbinding powers from their home frames will be almost impossible to meaningfully balance.

The entire system was probably a mistake, but there's no putting this genie back in the bottle now. Chances are it'll be like Rivens: Eventually they'll just keep nerfing so almost everything people actually want to use is bad, in hopes everyone gradually stops caring about the system. Effectively getting rid of it without actually getting rid of it.

So let me get this right, Warframe should take up 69GB of space? After optimisation? 

Also this update leaves a rather sour taste in my mouth after the MfD ultranerf coupled with what amounts to a "platinum store" update. The Xaku fixes are a step in the right direction tho.

12 hours ago, --Q--Neurofrost said:

"Reduced the number of Fish parts required per Daughter Exocrine Assignment from 3 down to 2. This brings Daughters economy in line with Son, where the max number of requested parts is 2."

A great addition would be either refunds or compensation for early adopters of the system as large amount of resources were already used.

If they raise the cost of parts in the future will you promise to farm more?

1 hour ago, Velaethia said:

All I can think of here is "anything is possible when you lie" also "anything stated without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." Not gonna explain your claims than you're lying or might as well be. :) 

Sure, whenever you free, let's go on a mission, let's see if I'm lying or not, I will not shoot or hit a single enemy and still gonna survive until enemy hit 1000, or even more, depends on how much energy you have staring at the screen, I also don't use Octavia, So? You want evidence, I offer evidence, now let's see if you gonna pick up the gauntlet or not....

1 hour ago, Velaethia said:

All I can think of here is "anything is possible when you lie" also "anything stated without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." Not gonna explain your claims than you're lying or might as well be. :) 

If you don't have time, I will make a video and send it directly to you, I would rather not sharing with randoms, since they are the cause of most nerfs of all my favorite stuffs in this game...

20 minutes ago, -_Liana_- said:

Excuse, but why we need to lvl kitguns again?

You must have missed my post.  Here 

Here is the fix if you missed it 6 posts ago. :tongue:

It's even easier to fix just equip weapon go through the gates at any open world and straight back in. (I did mine on Deimos)

2 hours ago, nooneyouknow13 said:

Capping the damage at the target units health. and then only distributing 75% of that damage renders the ability flatly useless. It's now more button presses that it will ever be worth. The design vision of targeting the heavy in a group, and killing it down the rest flatly doesn't work outside of infested. Grineer and Corpus heavy units simply do not spawn with the required ratio to normal troops to make it work out, and the base range means they'll rarely be in range of enough units to render the ability functional.

From a player perspective, this ability seemed designed to allow melee finishers, or weapons such as sniper rifles to compete on a better level with area nuking skills, and explosive weapons. If the ability doesn't do this, it's simply useless, wasted design space. The desired strategy for it's use as outlined here simply never actually occurs in the game often enough to be worth the time and effort to replace an ability with this skill.

You need to pick one or the other between capping it at the target's health, or capping it at 75% radial damage. It can't be both, if you want the ability to ever actually see real use.

Upvote this man.

So I was trying to come up with a pitch to convince my friend who left this game to come back for Deimos. Thanks for making this INCREASINGLY difficult.

"Hey man, Warframe has a new big update. It added some cool new features, like K-drive shooting, Necramechs, and this Helminth system where you can infuse other frames' abilities to another frame, which is potentially game-changing with possibilities. But uh, first you need to be rank 3 in Entrati, the new open world syndicate, which requires animal conservation side quests, and you need to get some spare warframes to sacrifice to the Helminth so that it can infuse those abilities on other frames, and you need a lot of resources to rank up, including railjack resources... which I recall you haven't played much of. Also, uh, it's just one ability from each frame and DE has decided which ability is given out, we don't choose what the sacrificed frame gives. The Helminth itself comes with a few abilities if you don't sacrifice anything to it, but none of them are fantastic except maybe Infested Mobility for speed, and Marked for Death, which is a cool ability that makes melee finishers nuke-WAIT scratch that, it has been nerfed to hell and now you can't even kill level 1 enemies with it because the damage allowed scales with max health of the targeted enemy. Uh, maybe try the update still? I don't know. Does my pitch still sound interesting?"

Just now, Xepthrichros said:

So I was trying to come up with a pitch to convince my friend who left this game to come back for Deimos. Thanks for making this INCREASINGLY difficult.

"Hey man, Warframe has a new big update. It added some cool new features, like K-drive shooting, Necramechs, and this Helminth system where you can infuse other frames' abilities to another frame, which is potentially game-changing with possibilities. But uh, first you need to be rank 3 in Entrati, the new open world syndicate, which requires animal conservation side quests, and you need to get some spare warframes to sacrifice to the Helminth so that it can infuse those abilities on other frames, and you need a lot of resources to rank up, including railjack resources... which I recall you haven't played much of. Also, uh, it's just one ability from each frame and DE has decided which ability is given out, we don't choose what the sacrificed frame gives. The Helminth itself comes with a few abilities if you don't sacrifice anything to it, but none of them are fantastic except maybe Infested Mobility for speed, and Marked for Death, which is a cool ability that make melee finishers nuke-WAIT scratch that, it has been nerfed to hell and now you can't even kill level 1 enemies with it. Uh, maybe try the update still? I don't know. Does my pitch still sound interesting?"

You got me at the first half, not gonna lie XDD

11 hours ago, [DE]Glen said:

If your internet is unreliable you can disable bulk download in the launcher settings. The default is faster but doesn't handle bad connections as well.

Thanks Glen, I'll try that. Don't know where that comes from as I have a great connection usually (11-12Mo/s download, very low ping, I can even telework all day through remote desktop connection without issue). What I definitely know is that every single update since 2 or 3 months ago fails every time (problem I didn't have previously, and I didn't change internet provider). For smaller ones (<20Mo) restarting a few times will finally work, but for the two latest big ones (this one and Deimos), reinstalling the whole game worked better.

But thanks for the advice, I'll try it, hopefully it will work. 👍

thanks for the unnecessary nerf to such conditional builds nice to keep seeing octavias doing nothing while killing the whole map nice to see you keep the game fun

This nerf is very disappointing I have never enjoyed a warframe so much and you take it from me after hours of grinding to get everything, 

and they don't nerf other warframes that are always in the top tier

Ok well... i want to adress something that bothers me with Ash and the helminth system. So my main build of him doesnt have duration and i was thinking to give him more survivability, speed and little bit cc via warcry of valkyr + her augment. I was surpriced that once i used my 4th the duration doesnt stack. Finishers are melee kills right? Ok.. lets say it shouldnt count as such. Then i tried banshee silence and again + her augment wich gives 300% more dmg of the finishers while active... Surprice, surprice again it doesnt affect his 4th skill even tho his ult is finishers that triggers the arcane trickery... Will be really glad to use the warcry and give my Ash duration based skill thats not going to force me to ruin my main build. Ou and if you decided to give him that... Pls remove the female scream effect. He is... he in the end :P

10 minutes ago, giratinax said:

This nerf is very disappointing I have never enjoyed a warframe so much and you take it from me after hours of grinding to get everything, 

and they don't nerf other warframes that are always in the top tier

A lot of warframes getting bashed in this thread, the Helminth system is new I'm staying away from it until it all settles down, I keep adding warframes but not doing jack with it until then, it's the same with all new things Railjack was the same, crappy drop rates what took you an hour or more take you minutes now, it's a part of warframe things get nerfed some things get buffed.

Do not rush into a new system expecting it to stay the same, sit back and watch, it's what I do.

Archived