Heart of Deimos: Update 29.1.0

Guys can i ask here why is Marked For Death destroyed so hard and [Mesa Prime] MR 2 ?. Like, you get a friend who can give you all the MesaPrime parts and you will  finish the game with her in like 4 days.

But , on the other side , you get MarketForDeath , a new thing locked behind 3 years of grinding and 100K Cryotics & 40k Mophics ->and that is a minimum of 1000 hours into the game and a minimum of MR 16 .

Besides Marked For Death and Rebuild Shield all the helmith system is like pharmacies in Africa , they are good but you know how it is , you can`t take pills on an empty stomach.

A.T.M MarkedForDeath is in the back of my ship along with the Skana.

Ty for the nerfs and  i hope you will take more good decisions like this in the future so we all can enjoy our  1 button gameplay locked behind  Mesa ^ Khora  thrash playstyle .

BTW here are some things that don`t need a rework or a visit any time soon : Frost , Hydroid , Ember , Daily reward sistem , Bile crap from the helmith , Tomberon , Gauss (is thrash) , Nezha is ht esame , Valkyr was deleted from existence , Vauban is almost a joke , Zephyr , All the Whip weapons , All Syndicate weapons are screaming in agony , Telos Boltage is with Prince Arthus into the Maw, 

Side note , my english is not my best thing, so , any mistake is made on purpose

• Like 1
18 часов назад, TsukiMiyaRinna сказал:

Totally agree with this. I think DE noticed that this ability has been used to combine with finisher damage (usually a lethal teleport Ash) and the damage bumps up very very high (like 8 mil or so), tho the so called "nuking effect" is not that big actually. It cannot go through walls, terrains can block it, explosion range is not big even with 280% range... removing critical chance is...well..fine I think, but the damage cap is just...why?

EDIT: just re-log in and test for the ability with 8 100lv heavygunner, its trash now, can only reduce 75% of remaining health maximum. What a joke.

It's purely useless now. Tested with 20 heavy gunners 175lvl. It takes 12 (TWELVE) casts to kill them all. This "Damage has to be capped at the targets Health+Shield level" ruined the whole utility of this ability.

UPD. more tests bring deeper disappointment. You had to see how easely one corrupted ancient totally destroyed the idea of m4d. My fishing spear would deal more damage, so to say

Without further changes it's not marked for death no more. It's marked for no reason or just marked.

Extremely saaad, folks😭

• Like 6
19 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

VELOCIPOD K-DRIVE SKINS

Transform your K-Drive into a Velocipod! You can choose Purple, Green, and White Velocipod variants - you can color customize the bodies to suit your liking of course, the difference between them being their unique eye designs!

Unfortunately this is not entirely true because Velocipods have unique glow, flare and particle effects to each skin. If this was made customizable (I don't see why they wouldn't since they probably act the same way as WF powers coloring), it would be perfect.

See topic below for details.

Marked for Death Changes:

Before we jump into the nitty gritty, let’s revisit what the ‘Marked for Death’ Helminth Infusion is: Stun an enemy; a portion of the next damage you deal to it will be dealt to all enemies around it.

It’s important to note that the description mentions ‘a portion of the next damage’, which was always our intent, meaning we have some bugs to fix and explanations to make on the next steps here.

Which would be fine... if its damage cap was 100% instead of 75%.

As of right now, even if kill your target in one hit, you cannot kill any of the surrounding enemies.

Kinda defeats the point of the name. That needs to change.

• Like 4

First of all thx for all the hard works. normally i dont use forum.

vor 19 Stunden schrieb [DE]Megan:

Fixed the Deimos Claw Skin not applying properly to the Keratinos.

ty for trying to fix this... but if you fixing something maybe check if its really working. i mean not just looking at those claws in the arsenal.

anyways i am pretty happy with this game.

Before we jump into the nitty gritty, let’s revisit what the ‘Marked for Death’ Helminth Infusion is: Stun an enemy; a portion of the next damage you deal to it will be dealt to all enemies around it.

It’s important to note that the description mentions ‘a portion of the next damage’, which was always our intent, meaning we have some bugs to fix and explanations to make on the next steps here.

20c8b3300a4f294d658cf4c336a50286.png

With Marked for Death now in the wild and being experimented with, it was apparent to not be working as intended by overwhelmingly nuking enemies left, right, and center when combined with certain loadouts and due to certain bugs. We recognize the players who brought this forward with understanding that it needs to be addressed. Let’s get into the meat of it:  

• Fixed Mods applying twice to the Marked for Death Damage portion dealt in the AOE.

• Fixed base Damage using the Health/Shield Damage dealt and not capped at the Health+Shield the target had prior (e.g. enemy with 5 Health gets hit by 100 damage, and 100 damage is shared in AOE. It should just be the 5).

• Radial damage was never meant to exceed the target’s Health and this was our bad. The desired strategy we wanted was players prioritizing tank units like Heavy Gunners to do AOE clears since heavy units have more Health than normal, thus the radial AOE would likely be lethal, not just normal units. This issue combined with numerous bugs of Mods stacking meant this was way over powered. A key part of reviewing these changes will be ensuring that players understand the best case scenario we envision for the power is targeting high-Health enemies to do radial damage to weaker enemies. 

• Removed Critical Chance from Marked for Death radial AOE. 

• Capped Damage multiplier stat to 75% and normalized Damage type mults.

• Here’s an example of normalized Damage type: if the Damage you deal is 0.5 Impact, 0.4 Slash, 0.3 Heat that sums to 1.2x but after normalizing they become 0.42 Impact, 0.33 Slash, 0.25 Heat.

• Fixed Marked for Death with Arcane Trickery equipped triggering invisibility almost every time, because each enemy hit by the AoE has its own 15% chance to activate Arcane Trickery.

Jesus you're terrible at balancing your game, not only you fixed the bugs (which is fine), but you also nerfed it to the ground so that it's just as useless as ember was. And the level nine reward for leveling up helminth is more garbage while this is at level six......Guess you guys really do love making the game no fun for anybody to play stuff around with.

And before anybody jumps on this, you can still fix the damage so it didn't do 2 billion, in fact the name for this skill should be called Marked for Soft Pats On Shoulders as that's as much it's gonna do for anything......DE, get your acts together, but thanks for giving me a reason to not mess with helminth even more.

• Like 4
21 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The desired strategy we wanted was players prioritizing tank units like Heavy Gunners to do AOE clears since heavy units have more Health than normal, thus the radial AOE would likely be lethal, not just normal units

This is a flawed strategy, no player in the heat of battle prioritizes targets, for the majority of players it's kill as fast and as much as possible. I mean when you really think about it it's just plain silly to be looking for a heavy gunner and then say, "oh there he is" and hit him with M4D lol. I have often defended DE when the question of, don't they play their own game?, comes up, but you know with something like this getting by I have to wonder now if you guys really do??

• Like 2

What's the point of the Helminth System if DE keeps nuking all of the interesting abilities into the ground so all we're left with is a selection of skills and we have to choose the best worst ability out of the lot?

At the end of the day, I'd rather get something awesome =/

• Like 1

Perhaps this may help somehow.
I tried to do Defragment and Optimize through another program. At first I thought I did it.

All red clusters - Warframe files.

Spoiler

CB6oFPg.jpg

But then I realized that it didn't work.

But this time I decided to look at a more detailed report. It looks like the problem is with those two files.

Spoiler

NGnvTKr.jpg

The inscription in the green square writes about the same error as the launcher - "Not enough space"

Spoiler

3aiXVeY.jpg

(But I think many people know that 22 GB or less are not needed for Defragmentation, Compression and Optimization. These functions work with the files that they have, they do not may and shouldn't require that much space. It's complete nonsense.)

Also, I noticed that during defragmentation, the process slows down and for some time does not go further, exactly on the file that is indicated in the report. Moreover, this 11% is very similar to what it was during the release of Plains of Eidolon. At that time, Optimization in the launcher also stopped everytime by 11-12% and began to fill the hard disk until it turned off and was broken. Familiar situation, huh?
The only difference is that the last time the launcher did not write about "Not enough space", even if the hard disk had less than 10 GB of free space. It just filled up everything that is possible (300, 200 or 5 GB of space - it doesn't matter, everything was filled)

Spoiler

qS0P9Zg.jpg

Also I am attaching additional 2 screenshots with files of the Cache folder. The problem is definitely in these files, but it is also possible that some of them are of the wrong size.

Spoiler

OzovfZN.jpg
rabhcoR.jpg

This is a critical error and must be fixed immediately.

On 2020-09-18 at 12:55 AM, [DE]Megan said:

OSCIRA PISTOL  SKIN

OSCIRA RIFLE SKIN

*Edit: Corrected the Oscira weapon skin names. Originally they were dedicated to the new player starter weapons, but we then changed them to be universal Staff, Pistol, Thrown Blade, Rifle, Bow, and Longsword Skins.

VELOCIPOD K-DRIVE SKINS

*Find the Velocipod K-Drive Skins from Son’s Offerings for Standing in the Necralisk!

Conservation Changes & Fixes:

• Fixed inability to move, shoot, switch weapons or use Warframe abilities after hitting a dissolving corpse with the Infested Ebisu or Spari Spear whilst fishing. 

-Just like a 'Oscira pistol skin' can use secondary kitgun. Can't we use 'Oscira rifle skin' on primary kitgun?

-Velocipod K-Drive skins are sold in 'Father' and 'Daughter' not only 'Son'.

Spoiler

A41FE82BA200D2D22AE313AF5F58A49E25E7B056

77ECC1BA1A7E752AC919FC34BBB72ABA5EBD19DB

-Warframe cannot do anything when bug happens during equip deimos fishing spear and freezing like before. So still this bug happen after this update.

Edited by Hidronic
  • Like 1
On 2020-09-17 at 11:55 AM, [DE]Megan said:

20c8b3300a4f294d658cf4c336a50286.png

With Marked for Death now in the wild and being experimented with, it was apparent to not be working as intended by overwhelmingly nuking enemies left, right, and center when combined with certain loadouts and due to certain bugs. We recognize the players who brought this forward with understanding that it needs to be addressed. Let’s get into the meat of it:  

• Fixed Mods applying twice to the Marked for Death Damage portion dealt in the AOE.

• Fixed base Damage using the Health/Shield Damage dealt and not capped at the Health+Shield the target had prior (e.g. enemy with 5 Health gets hit by 100 damage, and 100 damage is shared in AOE. It should just be the 5).

• Radial damage was never meant to exceed the target’s Health and this was our bad. The desired strategy we wanted was players prioritizing tank units like Heavy Gunners to do AOE clears since heavy units have more Health than normal, thus the radial AOE would likely be lethal, not just normal units. This issue combined with numerous bugs of Mods stacking meant this was way over powered. A key part of reviewing these changes will be ensuring that players understand the best case scenario we envision for the power is targeting high-Health enemies to do radial damage to weaker enemies. 

• Removed Critical Chance from Marked for Death radial AOE. 

• Capped Damage multiplier stat to 75% and normalized Damage type mults.

• Here’s an example of normalized Damage type: if the Damage you deal is 0.5 Impact, 0.4 Slash, 0.3 Heat that sums to 1.2x but after normalizing they become 0.42 Impact, 0.33 Slash, 0.25 Heat.

• Fixed Marked for Death with Arcane Trickery equipped triggering invisibility almost every time, because each enemy hit by the AoE has its own 15% chance to activate Arcane Trickery.

So I'm not going to pretend that anyone didn't think MfD was going to be changed. I mean the bugs were pretty evident. You could kill a Thrall and one shot a Lich. Obviously it wasn't working as intentded. So the bug fix element was fine. What I don't grasp is why did you feel the need to nerf like every single aspect of it ontop of that bug fix?

We have several things in the game that work like this. Acid Shells, Vulkan Blitz, The Mecha set bonus. They all scale off of an enemies max health. So why did you make this scale off of an enemies current health? I mean it shouldn't require one shotting an enemy to have value should it? Why did it needs it's range reduced? It was already line of site.  I get the crit removal it's not an attack it's spreading damage you can argue that shouldn't crit (We have a bunch of stuff like that does. IE you just buffed Zymos swarm to crit at the same time you made this change as an example) ok.  And it's an ability so I get the stance that it shouldn't proc melee arcanes. That's fine.

Considering it took investment to make this work well and often an entirely different build on a frame it really seems against your mission statement to have nerfed this so heavily. That mission statement being to encourage build diversity. This used to be a good enough ability that some single damage type frames could now become nukers. Opening up an entirely new play style and a ton of build diversity. That thing you keep saying you want us to have in the game. Then you just destroy it and make it not worth using at all. As it stands it feels like a worse Acid Shells that you have rank up to level 3 in Entrati for. You have to farm enough standing to buy the segment for. You have to rank up to level 6 helminth for. You have to spend bile on. And for what? This system is still fairly new and to this point this is already the second round of Helminth nerfs as you elected to nerf a bunch of the abilties before launch. How are we supposed to use this system when you've proven if anything proves to be good or popular you are going to nerf it after the fact? How many people entirely reformed frames for MfD builds? They aren't going to be getting a forma refund. Or a time refund. Or a bile refund. This is a slap to the face of all of those people and why? This wasn't ever as strong as a Saryn, this wasn't ever as strong as a strangledom whip khora, this wasn't ever as strong as a capacitance volt, or a equinox because of the line of site restrictions. It just allowed a few frames without damage abilities to compete, and a few frames that could trigger finishers to do something special. With an investment into doing so.

The player base is ever deminishing. The announced pre launch subsum nerf hurt a lot of the momentum this update had. I don't think you got the influx of new blood you were hoping for with this. So not only did you not get the big refresh of players you keep making choices that alienate your current player base. Please put some thought into things moving forward. 

Edited by exturkconner
spelling error.
  • Like 9
22 hours ago, kuryux said:

DE, plz consider taking a look on the following issues:

- Subsequent vault bounties often not being t2 and t3 as expected
- Not being able to use archwing after leaving mechs
- Fetch/vacuum not working while in mech
- Not being able to pick up stuff/revive tenno while in mech
- Mech often not spawning but triggering its cooldown Fixed! gj
- Missleading waypoints/loc-pins in HoD
- Amps self knockdown
- A way to check cycles BEFORE entering HoD
- Cant release pet with son if you have max standing (even though it doesnt give any standing)
- If your mech is destroyed while not being host u might get stuck in an operator with no focus till the end of the mission (even after u die) Fixed! Nice
- Balance Bile materials

I have some answers for your questions that are not needed of a fix:
"- Subsequent vault bounties often not being t2 and t3 as expected" The rewards will only progress on the same wyrm phase, if it switches from fass to vome mid-mission the rewards will be reset
"- Fetch/vacuum not working while in mech" That's probably intended, the same way as those mods don't work on archwings. They're vehicles after all.
"- Not being able to pick up stuff/revive tenno while in mech" Also probably intended. Same as the one above it.
"- A way to check cycles BEFORE entering HoD" It shows the cycle on your ship, the same as Fortuna or Cetus, in the middle of the text clutter in the navigation console.
The other requests are very much appreciated though.

Let me guess: some youtoober figured out how to use the broken Marked for Death ability, then a bunch of copycats immediately rushed to copy it. And now that the ability has been fixed, everything is DE's fault. Included that their life has been destroyed and Warframe is close to being de-installed, or at the least they want their resources back. Yikes.

However, I actually think giving them their resources back is a good idea, as long as DE also takes back all the resources, standing etc. that they got from using the broken Marked for Death. That is fair, isn't it? Or is there anyone actually claiming that they both want to keep the loot from using a bug AND then get on top of that also get the resources back (that they put in only in order to use the bug in the first place)?

Personally as well as anyone who has played Warframe enough knew at some point that marked for death would be fixed, I think for me the problem is they went way overboard doing so and as for their reasoning behind even using it was greatly flawed, I mean really who prioritizes targets during missions, I'm sure you'll agree that when your in a mission you want to kill as many and as fast as you can. To me this could all have be avoided if they just tested this before launching this ability, I mean your going to tell me that someone like Rebecca never figured out how to clear a room with M4D. In any case I really hope they take away some knowledge from all this.

• Like 1

Firstly "Noris" now "Marked for loss of energy"....

Players didn't ask for those changes everyone was happy and then you come in telling us that that's not how it should be and took it away from us. Please, start listening to your players not your guts, same goes for conservation vs mining and fishing

The Oscira Rifle Skin is not universal. Being unable to equip it on launchers, snipers and beam rifles is unfortunate, but understandable. However, being unable to equip it on rifles with fire-select modes and most rifles with alt-fire capabilities is ridiculous.

It works on Soma (which has spool-up) and Paracyst (which has an alt-fire) but doesn't work on Tenora (which has both). Am I missing something?

I just want my Kuva Hind to not look like a piece of garbage.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, anfuerudo said:

Oh, come on! Those skins look great, but it's such a shame they are not universal. Make them universal. Please!

They are universal. They're just skins for the original weapon types.

Otherwise for this patch: Massive cashgrab and the sigil and skins locked behind standing and costing plat.

Xaku is still not good. The fix toward the energy economy was great. But some changes, with the inability to recast, cause more problems than they solve. Firing range of Grasp is still terrible, range of Gaze is still terrible, evasion is still a terrible mechanic.

I just hope there will be a second round of changes.

The Marked for Death changes suck, it already was conditional. Fixing the double application of mods was all that was needed.

All in all, only the bug fixes and bug drives were good in this update.

• Like 3

May I be so bold as to suggest Marked for Death and Expedite Suffering be rolled into one ability? As it stands the abilities are underwhelming on their own, but they have inherent synergy together in their current state. Bear with me as I explain.

Marked for Death doesn't kill surrounding enemies, unless you stack viral and damage over time on the marked target.
This means that in its current state, Marked for Death only performs as intended if you build for slash, viral, and toxin. Heat and Electric Work too. This is because the 75% damage cap is too low, but damage over time can bypass even this. People are already trying to get Marked for Death back to the way it was before by simply using Heavy Attack (which guarantees Slash procs on some melee weapons) and Viral. Marked for Death spreads the damage instances to surrounding enemies.

But this is a bit lacking in satisfaction though, it lacks the 'oomph' Marked for Death had before. The enemies are dying anyway, just from damage over time. If only you could equip both Expedite Suffering and Marked for Death... hmm. There's more though.

Expedite Suffering only currently works at a very high level because it takes time to stack all that status on a crowd. Enemies die too quickly for Expedite Suffering to be practical with weapon use.
But, what if you spread all that status via a marked target? The enemies will not die to your weapons before the status can be stacked high enough for Expedite suffering to kill, if they were say spread to the surrounding enemies via a Marking system, at reduced damage instances. The damage cap would work in Expedite Suffering's favor here.

What if Marked for Death Targets, on Death, cast Expedite Suffering in a radial AoE in addition to its current functionality?
I would imagine that it'd work just like Marked for Death worked before, just to lesser efficacy pre-nerf. Expedite Suffering would have a use, cleaning up after Marked for Death's stragglers. While it may be preferable to have two strong abilities, I think rolling them together is the right call here. They cover eachother so well right now. They even scale with the same Power Stats.

Even if you accidentally Mark a weaker enemy, that still would spread status to a crowd, chunking their health when slash and toxin are consumed, but keeping some other statuses for Condition Overload. It would soften enemies up a lot, since the consumed stacks of toxin and slash now let you restack them to do more damage.

This is in line with how people are currently trying to run both abilities, you'd really be doing everyone a favor by streamlining the process for both abilities. It'd be akin to working with players that figured out how to copter and incorporating bullet jump. It really feels like the design intent here is to have Marked for Death enemies kill surrounding weaker enemies, and for Expedite to work with high status duration weapons on a crowd. Weaker enemies would die before enough status is stacked on them for the radial Expedite to do much, so it'd still be in line with design intent since heavier targets work better with stacking and spreading status.

Edited by Azimbee
  • Like 1