Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Update 29.1.0

[DE]Megan

I initially had a kneejerk reaction to the Marked For Death nerf that left me irritated with the the nerf, but after having some time to think on it and play with it a bit I don't think that I'm against it at all anymore.

The nerf looks really terrible in the simulacrum and Marked For Death seems unusable because it won't kill a group of 20 heavy gunners. The thing is that we don't have 20 heavy gunners in a mission and at any given time there might be 2 at most with a group of 10 or so lesser Grineer with way less health. So the combo will still work, but we have to select the target with the biggest health pool to make it work.

This ended up providing a much more fun gameplay opportunity for me with Ash where I was needing to duck into a group of enemies and find their biggest threat to take them out. In the Steel Path especially it's a super fun time because enemies are super beefy and can hurt me back, so wounding a group for 75% of a beefy unit's HP is massively helpful. It also just feels much more like a ninja to weave into the enemy backline to find the biggest baddest target of the bunch and use them as the Marked For Death catalyst to kill everything. It's not Mesa levels of "press button and room go die" and it's fine for people to wish that it were, but I'm personally more in favor of how Marked For Death feels in its current state than what it was a couple days ago.

I think that it's fine for abilities to be in the mid-range of  the power curve. I think that the Dev Team is correct in trying to remove the two button instant room nuke. When the gameplay devolves to two button presses and requires no planning or even utilizing the parkour then people get bored.

I'm glad to hear after the previous stream that the balance team will look into Marked for Death and maybe re balance it; potentially rolling back some of the overtuned nerf. Thanks.

What I'm hoping to see next is the charts shown during the devstream on most replaced abilities, and what they get replaced with, as a means to find which abilities aren't popular, to buff them. I understand that it's easier to nerf what's best because it's functionally the same as bringing everything in line with it, but please consider the following.

Rhino's roar is overrated. It's good and most used because of how straightforward 'more damage' is. It also is deceptively strong even for 'more damage' because it affects damage over time in a double dip just like bane mods. I don't known how well know that is, and how that knowledge or ignorance of that knowledge is affecting its popularity.

What I will say though, is no matter how much you nerf roar, people will never consider Loki's decoy in place of it because Loki's Decoy is actually that bad. For example, the Augment that transfers damage from the warframe to the decoy is almost never used and i'm surprised I've never seen stats on augment usage. This is because the decoy's health does not scale very well.

A lot of abilities that aren't being subsumed, like Zephyr's Airburst, and abilities that are being replaced like Mesa's 1 are in a similar position. It's worth looking into that first before you nerf any of the strong options because in many cases some abilities are really just that. They can't compete no matter how weak a straightforward 'more damage' or 'more power strength' option is. They struggle to function, like Chroma's Spectral Scream.

I don't think people should worry about Helminth being pointless if all abilities are good. In fact, I think it would become the peak of personal expression if everything were viable, you'd be able to play your favorite frames however you like. 

On 2020-09-17 at 4:55 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed base Damage using the Health/Shield Damage dealt and not capped at the Health+Shield the target had prior (e.g. enemy with 5 Health gets hit by 100 damage, and 100 damage is shared in AOE. It should just be the 5).

This change hasn't been play tested.

It should be changed to "damage cannot exceed targets unmodded maximum health and shields."

By making MfD only work with current health it's impossible to use it in party comps with say Saryn or Mirage  or Ember.

Solo play must be incredible unsatisfiying to use as well.

I get wanting to have a damage cap but this is just cutting off the arms of a handicapped wheelchair user!

31 minutes ago, ngamer000 said:

This change hasn't been play tested.

It should be changed to "damage cannot exceed targets unmodded maximum health and shields."

By making MfD only work with current health it's impossible to use it in party comps with say Saryn or Mirage  or Ember.

Solo play must be incredible unsatisfiying to use as well.

I get wanting to have a damage cap but this is just cutting off the arms of a handicapped wheelchair user!

And even in solo play this is SUPER garbage to use. I can just Stick to the usual S#&$ like Khora, Saryn, Mirage, Volt and dont have to do anything

MfD was a fun ability that let me do aoe damage on every frame i saw fit and wanted to play as and STILL be SOMEWHAT efficient.

Now its just a tickle in Solo play and in group / Party play its a literal waste of energy

I also demand my ressources back this is a DISGRACE

On 2020-09-18 at 10:51 PM, Endorphinz said:

I don't understand the immense hatred for the Marked for Death changes. It was OP, and needed some changes.

A good change is different then any change. If overpower abilities nuking rooms without effort were DE's real concern they could check breach surge too, yet it seems they don't care, it's only viable for some frames (I'm talking about Steel Path of course, regular content nuking rooms is common for lot of frames). XD

The new marked for death too, you can still nuke rooms, but it's now only viable for some frames... this will lead to metas and less diversity of use. =/

IMO they could have waited their balance team get back from vacations and just then do something meaningful instead of luring all this hate for something that they will need to change again.

On 2020-09-19 at 3:51 AM, Endorphinz said:

I don't understand the immense hatred for the Marked for Death changes. It was OP, and needed some changes.

Yes, it was OP in Simulacrum

I used it in a teamplay situation. Its VERY situational and was FUN. Line of Sight still prevented deaths behind walls, everything 1m above or below the radius was unaffected and you had to SPECIFICALLY use CERTAIN mod configs to even make it OP (Namely a LOT of range as 10m is friggin NOTHING in terms of AOE) 

So no, it was ANYTHING BUT "OP"

It was a very fun ability that gave non-aoe Frames a possibility to Shine again or just generally to not feel as bad and replace some unused ability with some nuking potential when needed.

If you didnt hit your target IMMEDIETLY and it runs off you cant REUSE that skill on a different target. if it ran off and isnt dead yet you have to search it out and kill it first before using it again. 

Or your teammates killed it and you wasted Energy

NOW: 

The area is still very small, the damage is utter garbage even in Solo Play as you EITHER hit a low hp target and TICKLE the rest in your area, or you have to waste even MORE energy on setups to make that one finisher with a rapier to spread the bleeding for it to have even ANY effectiveness.

Now imagine teamplay. Use it on ANYTHING while your team whacks away at everything you could just spamm valks 3 and empty your energy into 1 poor enemy dealing 1-20 damage, would have the exact same effect  and STILL be more fun as you imagine you scream their ear out in a comical fashion aka Tom & Jerry!

The "InTeNdEt" way to Search for the High health target and kill THAT with your attacks (Which STILL needs a SETUP as your NEXT HIT will spread, so unless its a BIG hit its wasted energy AGAIN)  will kill aoe, is completly flawed and can be thrown out of the window simply because: WHEN do you have the TIME to "search" for the High HP target to kill with this Setup ability while you have to survive/defend a target with 3 others whacking wildly at everything?!

Meanwhile: Saryn press 1 go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR and kill 100m room through walls and whatnot. 

Edit: 
Now back to your Initial sentance of it beeing OP: 

Yes, it needed changes as it was unintentinally "bugged" and doubledipped into mods ect

That DOESNT warrant a complete ANNIHALIATION of the entire thing fixing the "Bugs" AND nerfing it into the ground that you cant even COPY THE SKILLVIDEO Which is "wHaTs InTeNdEt!!!" 

If you cant even do what the skillvideo examples its broken and not "as intendet" 

Yes, it needed changes, but MEANINGFUL changes that it is still usable 

Now its just "Marked for Slight Inconvenience"

24 minutes ago, lhardy said:

Why have you changed the extra extanding we get when we level up the mastery level?

RSK5hbU.jpg

I think it was changed a while ago so you have a lot more daily standing early and no loss compared to before

Im MR29 and at 30250 from 30000 before

Just got a bug with Ivara, while fishing, I'm unable to do anything, can't use abilities, nor can I use gear wheel, nor launch fishing spear, the bug occured after hitting with my fishing spear one of those tubercules that hang onto the trees while I was with my third ability active, tried to use /unstuck with no success. Currently I'm waiting to run out of energy to become visible and hopefully somehow to die and hit a revive to see if this will unstuck me, just to mention this was in solo mode on Deimos, in Cambion Drift, region on the map The Abscess.  

Just so to not make another post, I've edited this one, waited several minutes already, my energy ran out, I'm visible, fish are spawning alot, but, no mob to kill me, seems I don't have another solution but to abort and try again...

5 hours ago, floronzel said:

Just got a bug with Ivara, while fishing, I'm unable to do anything, can't use abilities, nor can I use gear wheel, nor launch fishing spear, the bug occured after hitting with my fishing spear one of those tubercules that hang onto the trees while I was with my third ability active, tried to use /unstuck with no success. Currently I'm waiting to run out of energy to become visible and hopefully somehow to die and hit a revive to see if this will unstuck me, just to mention this was in solo mode on Deimos, in Cambion Drift, region on the map The Abscess.  

Just so to not make another post, I've edited this one, waited several minutes already, my energy ran out, I'm visible, fish are spawning alot, but, no mob to kill me, seems I don't have another solution but to abort and try again...

When it happens again try the below method. 

Don't click Abort mission, it happened to me as well, what I did was Alt+Tab out of game and closed the game via right clicking on the game icon in the taskbar and close, or use task manager to kill it, I quickly logged back in and checked my inventory and it was all there.

I know because I'd cleaned out a certain resource and more was there.

I've heard plugging in a controller is meant to work, but it didn't for me because the damn computer wanted to restart to complete the install next time I'll try it. 

11 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

When it happens again try the below method. 

Don't click Abort mission, it happened to me as well, what I did was Alt+Tab out of game and closed the game via right clicking on the game icon in the taskbar and close, or use task manager to kill it, I quickly logged back in and checked my inventory and it was all there.

I know because I'd cleaned out a certain resource and more was there.

I've heard plugging in a controller is meant to work, but it didn't for me because the damn computer wanted to restart to complete the install next time I'll try it. 

I mean you could just ALT+F4 quicker than your suggestions to shutting the game down.

hello there , a fellow tenno vet with 3k+ hours ingame here , as u see im soo invested in wf (even so no game should take u 3k of ur time)
i like the deimos update soo much that is boosted me 50+ hours , but i wanna point out  that this last update 29.1.0 the download file is huggggge
im just a simple tenno that dont have access all time to internet and have simple laptop , i manged to download all updates from 2016 and up no problem cause they were continuative (download 2gb and 2gb the other day) but this one is just too large and repeatble download with kills me ,
this update lost me , smart move to make the launcher dum , gg

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I mean you could just ALT+F4 quicker than your suggestions to shutting the game down.

True that. 👍 

I never think of ALT+F4 I've never really had to use it much over my long time as a gamer, I've used ALT+F4 only a few times so it slips my mind. 

1 hour ago, Slayer-. said:

True that. 👍 

I never think of ALT+F4 I've never really had to use it much over my long time as a gamer, I've used ALT+F4 only a few times so it slips my mind. 

Its my default reaction to closing a game and im always dissapointed when it doesnt work xD

It's been around a week and the results of these changes have been soaked in.

When Helminth was announced I was super excited; I was waiting on the edge of my seat. When it was released I was so happy, finally I could re build some of my favorite frames. I worked to make it work, and I got what I wanted, an aoe damage ability for Trinity, that was the goal for me. And then it was unceremoniously taken away for no discernible reason. 

It really destroyed my will to play.

Hi, i got problem, i downloaded the update 7gb one few days ago
i checked my data how much it get downloaded, it tell me 10gb, i looked at launcher and it started downloading from 6200mb if i remember correctly
i optimized the files few times it worked and i could play the game
but i wanted to play it showed me again to download that 7gb update! i havent played since then, so i didnt want to lose my data for this month
also my loading screens were like 10/15 minutes and i couldnt play

On 2020-09-18 at 9:51 PM, SvarrOS said:

Two things:

• First, you should check your hard drive for errors (if it's corrupt there is no fix for your problem apart from buying a new HDD/SSD)
  • Then, assuming your drive is OK, uninstall and then download Warframe again. Make sure that the whole folder is deleted before downloading. On a new installation, nothing has to be 'optimised'.

Also, there might be logs somewhere that could reveal the cause for your problem. You might want to get in touch with support.

And since there are still people on here, who are unable to read the patch notes properly and then ask stupid questions (obviously, this doesn't apply to the post I quoted), like "Why is this update so biggg?" or "Why does it take soo longgg?", I'd like to shed some light on this (a.k.a repeat what has already been said elsewhere). The size of the update comes from the fact, that most (if not all) of the textures, normal maps, etc. have to be downloaded again, as they switched the compression algorithm for these. The extensive time it takes to update is most likely caused by the mandatory optimisation cycle, which I assume just removes the assets that are to be replaced and reorganises the remaining data to make room for the download. So if my assumption is correct, DE were clever by 'optimising' before downloading because they greatly reduced (if not completely eliminated) disc space overhead.

As it turns out, even with a fresh install, the full update needs to be downloaded (including the optimisation of the download cache). Obviously, I was too rash to credit DE with not putting new players through the process of downloading ~40GB through Steam only to watch the launcher "Optimizing the Download Cache" for several minutes (depending on the harddrive) before downloading another ~6GB. Smh.

Archived