Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Downloading hot fix and optimizing cache

The_Shrik3

So i opened Warframe today, hot fix happens right away, whatever let's restart the game. Tell me how 10MB of data was being optimized for 15 minutes, I've got SSD btw, and then after this "optimization" I see 7GB download of the Heart of Deimos update and the fastest download speed I get on an optic fiber connection is 550 KB/s. This situation just reminded me why I quit Warframe a year ago in the first place. I will not wait 5 hours to play after every hot fix. Fix your game

Ok, but isn't the launcher supposed to ask if you want it to optimize the cache?  It's forcing us to wait this time, which is aggravating to say the least.  I double-clicked that Warframe icon to play the damn game, not wait for you to do whatever.

and of course, it coudld help if they optimised the game at the same time as downloading the next update. Instead, wait something like an hour as it optimised (I stuck it on a HDD) and then wait another 2 hours while it downloads 7 gig of data.

Oh, and that download - if it gets interrupted, starts all over again.

To be honest, I have no idea why these games got them launcher working so bad. I gave up at some other online game BDO recently due excessive problems with no error codes so I could know what I'm up against. But it won't matter if the code is there but inconsistent with facts, it is just as bad if not worse.

Past month I just logged in, clicked play and the dreaded ''no_internet_connection" showed up on the patcher, while everything else was just fine. It stayed like that for 3 days no matter the work-around I attempted to do. There is something about provider's IP block that made no sense to me, but testing with other internet didn't make a difference. Suddenly it started working. I never had that bug happening this bad though, go figures.

Now I'm downloading today's patch like as if I'm back the 90s, when we had dial-up stuff and 150kbps was the ultimate fax-modem speed. This is exactly the kind of stuff that comes to my mind when a 50% discount shows up on my screen.

I have such a problem as well:

my launcher is stuck at "Optimizing Download Cache" after this recent new hotfix. Nothing is moving, no percentage is shown but the launcher is not frozen either. I have left it to optimize overnight, still nothing. I was never able to optimize when it gave me the option before, now that it is forced, I can't do anything to avoid it. Anybody got ideas on how to fix that? 

Archived