Primary Kitguns appearing as unmastered in profile

All kitguns are showing up in the primary weapon section of the player profile as a seperate weapon that can be seperately ranked up to the secondary version.

My profile shows the secondary version having been mastered, but the primary version as not being mastered. Pretty sure this is not intentional.

67d6ebd9f6c468571f45cef1fda62d9d.jpg

ce075b7c1eb55ab1d64139e008cefb68.jpg

• Like 1

I noticed this as well. I had already built and gilded primary kitguns and they were still showing as unmastered in the primary section. I made a new catchmoon primary earlier and gilded it to see what would happen. It does not give more mastery but it now shows as mastered in my profile. 

• Like 1

I just noticed this in my profile across all the kitguns:

Qn7RisO.png

The greyed-out entries are all under the primary section. Is this just a UI bug, or can primary kitguns give MR of their own? If so, That's 12k MR I've been neglecting.

1 minute ago, Myscho said:

They dont give mastery because Chambers are the same

Barrels, you mean?

Just now, Lokime said:

Well, I maxed one of each for the primary kitguns and it still appear greyed-out in the primary section, so I'm gonna guess it is a UI bug.

That makes more sense, thanks.

Edited by RS219

Just today I noticed that there are now a primary and secondary version of each Kitgun in the equipment tab on my profile. Can anyone confirm whether or not this now means that both a primary and secondary version of each Kitgun are required for mastery?

3 minutes ago, SmallTiddyGothGF said:

Just today I noticed that there are now a primary and secondary version of each Kitgun in the equipment tab on my profile. Can anyone confirm whether or not this now means that both a primary and secondary version of each Kitgun are required for mastery?

think its abit of UI bug as kitguns can be made into secondary an primary so would show up in both sections.
you get mastery for the barrel but shouldn't get dual mastery for having it as a primary an secondary

Just to confirm Fabpsi post, those primary kitgun won't give any mastery.

You don't need to build a new one or forma it to valide it > If you already have it gilded, just do any game with one equiped to validate it on profile as a primary kitgun.

Possible,

not checked the distribution of points for secondary/primary but the total mastery points remain the same

I'm at 5998pts from next MR rank and after "using" the primary kitguns to validate it , the value is the same.

A tip to validate it, you just have to enter a mission, like enter in PoE or orb valis and extract.

Edited by BeeM
5 hours ago, (XB1)Greenguy5000 said:

tldr, its likely placeholder infested kitguns

DE introduced the Primary Kit-guns into the profiles finally.

Equip your MR 30 Primary Kitgun be the host and try it on Deimos mine worked on Deimos, go out the door and let it close and turn around and go back in and check your profile if that fails next shoot some enemies then go back in through the Gate. if it still doesn't work it sounds like a DE fix for those that it didn't work with.

It worked for myself and some others so far, they now show up as mastered in my profile but no MR points, we must have got them when we first ranked them up,  Though I think DE mentioned they were only giving the primary Kit-gun to us so we could also use the gun in our primary slot and wasn't going to award MR for the primary Kit-guns only MR for the Secondary Kit-gun Chambers.

How I worked it out I remembered back to the days of Orb Vallis when the K-Drives weren't showing MR in players profiles, we knew they were correct, to fix them we just equipped the K-Drive went out into Orb Vallis did a trick or two on them then back into Fortuna which made them show as Mastered in our profiles.

I only have the primary Catchmoon mastered yet, but all of my secondaries are shown as mastered, and none of the primaries...

MR points left aside - do I need to master another primary Catchmoon again to have the primaries shown as being mastered now?