Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primary Kitguns appearing as unmastered in profile

TheSpad

10 hours ago, Y0rg0 said:

I only have the primary Catchmoon mastered yet, but all of my secondaries are shown as mastered, and none of the primaries...

MR points left aside - do I need to master another primary Catchmoon again to have the primaries shown as being mastered now?

I'm guessing this actually is an intended change. If you have a mastered primary kitgun, just use it in a mission and it will show up as mastered in your profile. The other primary kitguns that your don't have will have to be built and gilded before they will show up as mastered.

https://imgur.com/a/Usj9cz1

Image shows I have mastered each kitgun chamber. It shows in primaries that I have not leveled them. 

From looking at the wiki, looking at chat (Multiple people in QnA chat had the same issue, and what I could gather in game, it sounds as though it shouldn't have seperate mastery from primary / secondary.

So yeah. I suppose this is a bug as long as the info I've gathered isn't wrong. I tried to check as many sources as possible to double check.

1 hour ago, microwavekonijn said:

You have to level them separately.

They are each leveled, that's not the issue here.

The issue is that it shows up in both primary and secondary. People I've talked to in game have said that you cannot get more mastery say off, the catchmoon, by using it as a primary. The wiki also states the following;
"Kitguns have to be gilded to earn Mastery Rank points, with their progression tied to the weapon's Chamber alone. For example, if a player levels up a Gilded Kitgun crafted with the Catchmoon Chamber to 30, any future Kitguns forged using the Kitgun Chamber will no longer provide Mastery regardless of what combination of Grips and Loaders they have.

• As there are four Chambers currently available, the maximum amount of Mastery Rank points that can be earned from Kitgun crafting is 12,000."

This very much makes it sound like you could not, should not get more mastery from leveling them as primaries, and they should be lit up just as the secondary weapons are, and vice versa if you leveled them as primaries, they should show up as lit up in secondary weapon menu. 

On 2020-09-21 at 6:56 AM, frenchiestfry3 said:

I'm guessing this actually is an intended change. If you have a mastered primary kitgun, just use it in a mission and it will show up as mastered in your profile. The other primary kitguns that your don't have will have to be built and gilded before they will show up as mastered.

On 2020-09-20 at 8:52 PM, Y0rg0 said:

I only have the primary Catchmoon mastered yet, but all of my secondaries are shown as mastered, and none of the primaries...

MR points left aside - do I need to master another primary Catchmoon again to have the primaries shown as being mastered now?

I don't believe this is supposed to be intentional. When they added them in the first place they said they would not contribute to more mastery.

This is from the wiki:

Kitguns have to be gilded to earn Mastery Rank points, with their progression tied to the weapon's Chamber alone. For example, if a player levels up a Gilded Kitgun crafted with the Catchmoon Chamber to 30, any future Kitguns forged using the Kitgun Chamber will no longer provide Mastery regardless of what combination of Grips and Loaders they have.

• As there are four Chambers currently available, the maximum amount of Mastery Rank points that can be earned from Kitgun crafting is 12,000.

DE, has recently put the new "Primary Kitguns" in the game. Well that's cool, i thought. I open my profile - yup, 4 greyed out kitguns with same names in the primary section. Tombfinger, Gaze, Catchmoon and Rattleguts. Time to level them up again i guess. I buy the parts for all 4 whatever i can get, get the bonds for gilding. Level up my first one, gild it then. Nice. Time to get that sweet MR. Level up the gilded Kitgun....and no MR at all. What the in the world? Why put them in the primary section and GREY them out like they're supposed to give MR or something since they have a different handle and work differently now being primaries and NOT give any MR or anything for all the stuff you spent to build them? Please get back to the drawing board DE.

On 2020-09-18 at 6:06 PM, Prince-of-Space said:

ernZl1a.png

In-game profile says that I have not Mastered a Primary Rattleguts. I have two Primary Rattleguts in my inventory currently with multiple forma in each. 

Is this in the "everything" tab or the Primaries tab?
Because I'm getting it with some kitguns, but ONLY in the 'everything' tab of profile.

Tested only on Open World Deimos so far...

you want to get rid of the greyed out primary kitgun icons ?

use them once solo in a Deimos bounty, shoot once kill a thing and leave

repeat this for all 4 kitguns

with this comes a shift from the mastery of kitguns tied originally to secondaries for all 4 chambers now to the primary rifle category, still you only get mastery once , still 12k in total

you can observe this in your profile, primary mastery goes up and secondray mastery goes down

it looks like DE has found a very annoying way to force onto each of us to build a primary kitgun of each variant to get rid of unranked items in profile (provided they do not fix it)

Archived