Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primary Kitguns appearing as unmastered in profile

TheSpad

20 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

I was talking about the MR XP.  I don't know if they specifically said that the Kitgun primaries would be in our profiles, but I also don't see why they wouldn't be.  All other weapons go into our profiles, so it stands to reason that those would also be part of our profiles.  I don't understand why you seem to be so angry about this or why you seem to want to blame DE for something.  Your profile has updated (as you reported) and the bug seems to have been fixed.  Seems like a good thing to me.

I'm upset at their lack of communication leaving their players confused. This wasn't in our profiles before this update. We also didn't know that we wouldn't get mastery for leveling them. They're technically two different weapons. Maybe THAT IS a bug. We don't know. What I thought was a bug (them being there to begin with) seems to not be a bug. We still don't know for sure technically. Kitguns were already in our profile, so without explanation from DE, it's not shocking to think it's a bug. Communication from DE would have solved everything. 

De announced the no double dip on xp when they launched zaws and again when secondary kitguns were added and when they announced adding primary kit guns to the game it was on the devstream if i remember and the the forums. As for the profile there was no announcement however DE has usage figures for every weapon, so some common sense is required while you may have mastered secondarys not long after there launch any new players have a choice. So it follows the chambers appear in both versions

On 2020-10-19 at 5:48 PM, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

The announcement of them being in the profile wasn't in the patch notes. It also doesn't tell you, aside from devstream, that you can't double dip. That should have both been in the patch notes. 

They never make notes that specific weapons will be in our profiles...because they always are.  It's how the game works.  Same with double dipping.  I'm sorry that you were confused, but it's not realistic to expect the Devs to put stuff into the patch notes to cover every possible instance of people being confused by the game mechanics that have been around from the start of the game.

3 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

They never make notes that specific weapons will be in our profiles...because they always are

Yes. On release, they are added. That was not the case with primary kitguns. Kitguns are a special case too because they're the first time weapons were in two categories.

3 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

not realistic to expect the Devs to put stuff into the patch notes to cover every possible instance of people being confused by the game mechanics that have been around from the start of the game.

Yes, I can expecy every minute change in patch notes. That is THE POINT of patch notes. This is the first time weapons were added twice and not at release. There should have been an announcement, and the confusion from many people supports that. 

Do you not read the warframe wiki, (page kitgun) it clearly states 12000 xp is the total amount you can get 4 x3k. It also states making more will give no extra xp primary version counts as more its the same chambers. This page has been available since kitguns were launched. Please note when you read it in the patch notes section of the page there is the wording undocumented changes in the patch notes there. De does not always post everything especially when they say theres 20 plus pages of patch notes, no live game posts every change nore do they have to. go read terms or service to see that. 

18 hours ago, (PS4)camwyn-xenos said:

no live game posts every change

That's definitely not true. 

18 hours ago, (PS4)camwyn-xenos said:

This page has been available since kitguns were launched.

A) I would have no reason to check it. B) I doubt the primary entries were there until they were added, and I bet there's no mention about them being in the profile. If there is, then I bet it wasn't there until last patch unless the editor has foresight magic. 

Am 17.9.2020 um 18:35 schrieb TheSpad:

Since 29.1.0 Primary Kitguns now appearing in your Profile under Equipment as well as the secondary ones, as unique weapons, but my understanding was you can only get MR once for each chamber regardless of what class of weapon it was - so why are they there, or rather if they're supposed to be in both categories why do they not share mastered status?

I have mastered all Secondary-Kitguns and one Primary-Kitgun, before they where added to the Profile. At the first day, the Primary-Kitgun i already mastered, was not showen as mastered in the Profile, but that was fixed. I build, guild and master the three, i was missing, but got no MR-Points for them. A Clanmate of me has not mastered any of the Primary-Kitguns (but all other stuff, exept the Founders-Stuff like me). His Starchart/Steelpath XP was not showen on the Mastery Breakdown (on  the Main-Profile screen, when yopu hover over the Rank-Icon), but we got same XP so far. There where a small difference. He got 12.000 MR-Points more on the Secondarys than i, and i got 12.000 MR-Points more on the Primarys than he did. After he master two of his Primay-Kitguns, he looses 6.000 MR-Points on the Secondarys and gain 6.000 MR-Points on the Primarys, but the same MR-Points in total.

So to come to a Point, you will get MR-Points either for the Secondary-Kitgun or the Primary-Kitgun. I'm not sure if this is intended, but i think it's a bug, because all Kitguns appear twice (Secondary and Primary) and therefore they should give MR-Points twice.

As people have said before, finishing a mission with a already formaed kitgun will fix the profile, but what am i suppose to do if i have deleted my kitguns? I didnt keep catchmoon primary so i cant play a mission with it. Guess i can only hope that DE will fix this soon.

On 2020-10-07 at 11:09 PM, Thawfoot said:

and yes been thru the kit gun mastery thing a few times...

they Either give mastery for the primary OR secondary

NOT both....

It's been clear since the introduction of kitgun secondaries that mastery is earned for the chamber, not the whole weapon. It's the same as other modular items - amps (the prism earns the mastery), k-drives (the board) and zaws (the strike, regardless of whether you build it as a one or two-handed melee). If you'd already earned mastery on all the kitgun chambers as secondaries, you'll get nothing in terms of mastery for building them as primaries.

I understand where you're coming from with your confusion cause im looking at it right now and it seems like primary and secondary kitguns are being treated as if they are two different weapons in the profile screen. For example I've ranked and gilded the catchmoon as a secondary but not as primary so it is appearing as mastered once in my profile while another is appearing as unranked. Also I've made both a primary and secondary rattleguts and they are both appearing as mastered in the profile with completely different stats. I'm fairly sure that you can only get mastery once but it doesnt tell you this in game which makes it extremely confusing and a little annoying.

It is intended that you only get mastery once for a kitgun chamber. It shows up under both Primary and Secondary categories in your Profile because of the way we track usage and stats,  which is our mistake. We're aware of the issue and are working on a fix but I don't have a timetable I can share with you yet.

As noted, for now, if it's really bothering you then the "zombie" kitgun entry will go away if you gain Affinity with the kitgun.

So i've checked my profile for any mastery points that i can scrounge up and i've seen some differences between my secondaries total mastery amount and other people's i got only 341.000 while i've seen others with up to 353.000, could this be a visual bug for me? i own and have mastered each secondary, with the exception of the Lato prime which is founder's only.

If anyone can enlighten me with this i thourougly appreciate it.

oh well then lato cant make that difference because it would only give 3k so i guess it has to be a bug or maybe some thing like that

i mean the offizal profile from [DE]rebbeca has clearly more exp than it should have but DE staff is clearly one exeption

Just a wild guess but did you master primary kitguns first or something? The fact that it's 12k mastery difference makes me assume it might have to do something with the 4 (x3000) kitgun chambers and that you only get mastery for them once and not for both (primary, secondary). I have no actual answer though.

Edit: I couldn't look at the screenshot, just to clarify (an issue on my end).

1 minute ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

Just a wild guess but did you master primary kitguns first or something? The fact that it's 12k mastery makes me assume it might have to do something with the 4 (x3000) kitgun chambers and that you only get mastery for them once and not for both (primary, secondary). I have no actual answer though.

i've had mastered  first the  secondary kitguns, then they added primary kitguns with master ranks to max there, but if what you say is true the primaries i've leveled could have done an overridden past the secondaries, so you may be right if chambers may be mastered once.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Captain.Claws:

i've had mastered  first the  secondary kitguns, then they added primary kitguns with master ranks to max there, but if what you say is true the primaries i've leveled could have done an overridden past the secondaries, so you may be right if chambers may be mastered once.

Maybe you could try out equipping one and going into a mission and leaving again. I had to do that to get the primaries displayed as mastered again when they added them to the profile. Maybe that changes something. Otherwise no clue. Good luck.

4 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

, you're just missing Sigma Octantis.

Also missing the Railjack Intrinsic mine reads as 60,000, so that's where you sit with latest Weapons and Warframe, I must get them done one day.

So you're off to do Railjack to get it a tad higher to reach 60,000.

Edit: Hmm just looked at my profile I can get to 30 if I can add up lol, with the latest Prime stuff, 2 Prime Weapons + 1 normal and a Warframe.

Archived