2020: The year of "Not functioning as intended"

2020 as a whole has not functioned as intended. What else is new? 

What other abilities from Helminth do you think will be considered as "not functioning as intended"?

I was thinking Empower, M4D,  and Expedite Suffering were going to get nerfed. M4D already on the chopping block now. Any potential Warframe subsumes you think will hit the chopping block even harder by DE? 

• Like 18

There's no point nerfing anything other than gunblades and statsticks, and even those could stay and my own game experience wouldn't really be affected. I'm baffled at how DE decides anything is "too powerful" and for that matter, the nerfs to Helminth abilities like Roar haven't stopped people from doing degenerate damage on frames like Inaros. That said, I will shed no tears if gunblades, statsticks, and Helminth Roar get the Maiming Strike treatment.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

There's no point nerfing anything other than gunblades and statsticks, and even those could stay and my own game experience wouldn't really be affected. I'm baffled at how DE decides anything is "too powerful" and for that matter, the nerfs to Helminth abilities like Roar haven't stopped people from doing degenerate damage on frames like Inaros. That said, I will shed no tears if gunblades, statsticks, and Helminth Roar get the Maiming Strike treatment.

There is a reason, even if you're incapable of seeing it.

• Like 8
Just now, lukinu_u said:

They are fixing stuff early after release, rather than keeping broken things in the games for years before fixing it, like stealth gas, neg crit, multiplicative vex armor, etc...
I don't see why you complain.

I can't really complain, we are still in "beta" after all. It was a matter of time before the OP Helminth abilities get cut back to prevent steamrolling through "end game" content. 

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

What other abilities from Helminth do you think will be considered as "not functioning as intended"?

I was thinking Empower, M4D,  and Expedite Suffering were going to get nerfed. M4D already on the chopping block now. Any potential Warframe subsumes you think will hit the chopping block even harder by DE? 

Breech surge i would guess. Its rapidly becoming popular and is showing up in lots of helminth guides.

Hell it was even the first ability i subsumed, purely on builds i had theory crafted when Helminth was announced.

Banshee likes Breech Surge.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

I can't really complain, we are still in "beta" after all. It was a matter of time before the OP Helminth abilities get cut back to prevent steamrolling through "end game" content. 

We have end game?

• Like 12

Anyone not expecting nerfs and balancing changes after a brand new system launches clearly hasn't been playing MMOs that long. Some stuff, like Marked for Death, was obviously and blatantly broken and was gonna get a smack.

Doesn't affect me, since I wasn't using it anyway.

• Like 9

Nothing is wrong with Empower, unless there's some bug I wasn't aware of. Flat 50% strength on next cast is fairly unimpressive. Useful, but unimpressive. Expedite Suffering honestly kind of needs a buff, because from what I've seen, it's just "deal all your slash and toxin damage-over-time ticks now." It technically doesn't do anything unless you're impatient, as it doesn't increase the damage of those ticks. Furthermore, it doesn't affect fire damage. And yeah, you can boost your power strength to boost the damage it deals, but you could also just... shoot more times? Aweblade did a pretty good rundown of why this ability isn't worth it.

My real complaint with the Helminth secretions is that outside of Empower, which you get for interacting with the system in the first place, and Energized Munitions (which is just legit great), all of the secretions are either outclassed by abilities you can get from the system otherwise or are outright useless. M4D was one of the only good abilities, and I'll have to do some testing to see if it still has a place on my Ash. I doubt it will. I can't think of any other frame that really needs it, although... Trinity... Hmm... :thonk:

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

You need to keep up with the industry. League of Legends has been doing this since... whenever it was first discarded unto our world. Release new hero that's OP AF, get people to buy it, then nerf the ever loving crap out of it. DE's not new to this either. Synoid Gammacor was a beast when it was released... nerfed soon after. It's just how the industry rolls.

So whenever you see something that's too good to be true, roll your eyes, sigh, and expect the doomhammer.

• Like 3
Just now, Gabbynaru said:

You need to keep up with the industry. League of Legends has been doing this since... whenever it was first discarded unto our world. Release new hero that's OP AF, get people to buy it, then nerf the ever loving crap out of it. DE's not new to this either. Synoid Gammacor was a beast when it was released... nerfed soon after. It's just how the industry rolls.

So whenever you see something that's too good to be true, roll your eyes, sigh, and expect the doomhammer.

Exactly why I haven't touched the abilities I feel are going to get nerfed. I wasn't going to spend the resources on them until DE has fixed them to function as intended. I was just stating the abilities I feel would get nerfed. Not really a complaint from my side. I'm loving the Helminth regardless of any future nerfs or buffs. 

2 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

They are fixing stuff early after release, rather than keeping broken things in the games for years before fixing it, like stealth gas, neg crit, multiplicative vex armor, etc...
I don't see why you complain.

After releasing stuff they didn't bother checking

You see, they rushed content, barely tested it ingame (if any test was done) prior to the release and then afterwards they almost feel like victims of what they did, claiming "this was unintentional, this was bugged"

They can't make changes without making players upset so now they make them but always blame something else.

I personally don't mind, but we all have seen this story many times and now it's always the bugs that cause them to change.

"i swear the ability wasn't supposed to come out like this" just means they didn't even test it. They are just trowing things at random with multiple descriptions and then pick the one they like after things are implemented.

Edited by KIREEK
  • Like 13
2 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

The M4D nerf doesn't stop anyone from being degenerately powerful, same way the original Helminth S-tier nerfs (which I defended) didn't stop anyone from dealing degenerate damage with their Inaros. They're just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic at this point. Just let it go so we can all enjoy the horrors of the deep.

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

They fixed that Helminth ability everyone said was gonna get changed as soon as it was released.

Edit: Marked for death.

Oh, I used it and didn't find it completely broken but it was powerful if I could actually cast it because allies usually kill before I use it

The problem is we are being used as beta testers.
They should test and nerf features before releasing, not after.

Poor Quality Control.
Bad Test Engineers.

I've took part in only 1 recall when working as Test Engineer for the automobile industry.
Doing mechanical, electrical, environmental and software testing. This is a lot more testing than just software testing.
1 recall in 7 years.

Edited by Imniscor
  • Like 9
il y a 22 minutes, KIREEK a dit :

After releasing stuff they didn't bother checking

You see, they rushed content, barely tested it ingame (if any test was done) prior to the release and then afterwards they almost feel like victims of what they did, claiming "this was unintentional, this was bugged"

They can't make changes without making players upset so now they make them but always blame something else.

I don't personally don't mind, but we all have seen this story many times and now it's always the bugs that cause them to change.

"i swear the ability wasn't supposed to come out like this" just means they didn't even test it. They are just trowing things at random with multiple descriptions and then pick the one they like after things are implemented.

They don't test stuff properly because it's a bunch of additionnel work that players can do faster and more efficiently than their team.
Why would they bother paying a team of 10-20 testers to outlight bug and potential abuses, while they can count 60k+ players to test and give the feedback, to fix things within hours ?

Also "not working as intented" doesn't mean they "blame something else" as you said, it means the thing just don't achieve what is was supposed to do. It might because of a bug, misconception on their side, forgotten possible synergy with other content, etc... regardless of what's the cause, it's not what they wanted, so it need to be changed.

• Like 1

Marked for Death was not balanced, it needed to be changed. I went 2 hours solo on SP Ophelia ever invisible and dealing millions of damage to multiple enemies.

But what they did with the AoE is not OK. They basically fixed the overwhelming damage and call it a day. Can someone confirm if is still usable? I can't say because I am on console, but to me it seems that they just fixed the bug and didn't add scaling potential to the ability.

• Like 2

The moment I found M4D fun I knew DE was gunna nerf well that and you can do dmg cap with it lol. They could have just fixed mods applying twice & trickery procing on each enemy hit but they just nerfed it even harder, haven't tested it out yet since update block.

• Like 1

I think they should have only fixed the bugs (double mods, double crits, trickery, etc.), then put it back into the wild to see how OP it was once it was working properly, then consider adjusting the power level.

The problem is that they did both a bugfix and a nerf, at the same time, and tried to write it off as "just a bugfix". And many players, including myself, are tired of nerfs being called 'bugfixes'.

Edited by -AoN-CanoLathra-
  • Like 1