Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Patch 29 | Performance | FPS Stutter.

Tuho

Since the patch release of DEIMOSHeart of Deimos: Update 29. there seem to be some stutters going on. 

Tried the following:

Uninstalling game and clean installing: Not OK.
Updating Drivers: No newer version available.
Remove drivers with DDU and reinstalling: Not OK.

Issue persists.

Can the devs of DE have a look at this?

If system specs are required I'll post them.

Most recent patch made DEimos worse than it was(it was already a stuttery mess). Now it is terrible. Always feels choppy, neither CPU nor GPU is being fully utilized.

edit : 

System specs

2060 rtx

32gb ddr4 ram @2666mhz

7700k @4.9ghz

Windows 10 64bit

Game is installed on samsung evo 850 ssd.

16 hours ago, White_Matter said:

Most recent patch made DEimos worse than it was(it was already a stuttery mess). Now it is terrible. Always feels choppy, neither CPU nor GPU is being fully utilized.

Yeah I also noticed this, after the new update my game feels like under 60 FPS when the counter is showing over 100. And also for some reason my GPU usage is maxed out when I am standing still in my orbiter but when in missions only reaches about 60%, which seems to be counterintuitive, and no, my temperature is around 70 degrees Celsius max.

6 hours ago, 790312 said:

Yeah I also noticed this, after the new update my game feels like under 60 FPS when the counter is showing over 100. And also for some reason my GPU usage is maxed out when I am standing still in my orbiter but when in missions only reaches about 60%, which seems to be counterintuitive, and no, my temperature is around 70 degrees Celsius max.

The reason why GPU hits 100% in orbiter is because it is not CPU intensive. Usually your GPU isn't properly utilized when your CPU can't keep up. So FPS in orbiter is not an indication of anything.

I've had performance issues since 29 hit, too.

GPU and CPU aren't particularly stressed out, but I experience what I can best describe as "input lag", where mouse movement is stuttery and keyboard/mous clicks either stick or take a half-second or so to register.

On 2020-09-20 at 9:23 PM, Dualice said:

GPU and CPU aren't particularly stressed out, but I experience what I can best describe as "input lag", where mouse movement is stuttery and keyboard/mous clicks either stick or take a half-second or so to register.

im getting similar problems its like the input stream is being frozen intermittently for like half a second at a time its very strange, idk what they broke but its made the game unplayable, i literally cant use melee weapons properly cus instead of registering a tap it tries to charge up a heavy attack then cancels 

On 2020-09-20 at 4:23 PM, Dualice said:

Are you playing with the in-game v-sync disabled? If you enable v-sync, do you notice a difference? Or vice versa?

Also, could you tell us which GPU you're using? Thanks!

On 2020-09-17 at 9:36 PM, Luciole77 said:

after this patch any mission now take ages to load...something its not ok with thyis patch...!

On 2020-09-17 at 3:34 PM, Tuho89 said:

Since the patch release of DEIMOSHeart of Deimos: Update 29. there seem to be some stutters going on. 

Can you please try optimizing your download cache? This can be done in the Warframe launcher.

verf5.png

Optimizing doesn't do anything for me either.

Normal game runs fine. I get 130-144 fps.

Deimos however can drop down to 60's and feels like I'm playing with 30.

Stuttery and choppy all around. Feels terrible. 

I also notice more memory leak during Deimos. I can confirm this via intelligent stand by list cleaner app. 

I think one of the patches after the release eased the situation a bit(still wasn't smooth but better) and the last patch somehow reversed it back to the initial release or worse.

Last hotfix  29.1.2 +   optimizing the game resolved extreme stutter and choppy frames for me. Fps is still lower compared to the rest of the game but not as much. Lowest I saw was 78 and that was inside the vault where many infested were spawning in a 4 man mission. Overall Deimos feels better.

So I'm guessing the issue was directly related to deferred rendering seeing as that is the only optimization that was made.

Hello!

Glad i am not the only one....

Having the same issue as everyone above since the last major update (Update 29?). My guess is perhaps it got something to do with the new rendering engine they are moving to?

Every time jumping into a mission would have a few sec delay/screen freeze/shutter/choppy all around,  before everything is running again.

Please look into this as its render any mission very unpleasant to jump into (and the occasional situation when the freeze is over, you are dead as you jump into the middle of a mission)

Since update 29 I also recognized a short freeze in every mission.
During solo runs I realized that it happens more often around 1 minute after the start of the mission (+/- a few seconds).

Some other freezes seems to be related to the new (and still bad designed) quick progression / end of mission UI:
- When opening the new quick progress (TAB) the first time during a mission, it also leads to a short freeze.
- While playing solo, I got a freeze between entering the extraction point and appearing of the new end of mission screen.

Archived