Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else having consistent Host Migration?

Zbenzover

every single mission i go into has had its host migrate and all players after that get kicked. i have a good internet connection, so i know that's not the problem. so what is exactly going on here and how are they going to fix this; because this is very aggravating to experience. I logged out to make sure the game was up to date and it is not this either. So, when is this going to be addressed?

For myself the host migrations have been much higher than previously since the Deimos release but not had an issue as you say..every mission.

I get it a lot at either the loading screen and hang in space with my orbiter flying to nowhere or it is generally within the first 10 to 20 seconds of a mission and often get a pop up screen message saying "session no longer available"

If these are related I am not sure but I really think that if it is happening every single mission for you then you need to check your router settings maybe. My issues I assume are more to do with the fact that I am on a Chinese ISP and live in a rural area. High speed connection but the ISP's here are not as flexible as elsewhere.

I've found myself having at least five a day ever since the 7GB update we had last week. My internet connection is perfectly fine, I've even ran speed tests in the middle of playing and it was in the clear, but I'll be dropped from games on a whim. Hope it gets fixed soon as it's made void fissures and bounties very aggravating.

I have also been having host migrations while the mission countdown timer is going down,it says that the host left,but then again we make the squad and can play,it happnens very randomly,it also sometimes happens during transition from orbiter to mission loading screen,in this instance it isnt a problem but when it disbands the squad it is quite annoying

Yes !

I've been doing long survivals recently, and it's almost impossible to get a squad when at least one person won't disconnect (host migration), sometimes it's even me, yesterday I got it twice in a row , yet my internet was stable and the host was OK too, I was even able to see their chat while I was getting host migration.

This does not seems to be caused by the players, but by the game, I do hope this will be fixed soon, it's very annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried using WiFi instead of connecting directly to the modem. It worked for about a week then back to constant disconnection. Now I switch the port to 4960&4965 and it works for random five nights out of seven. Playing at daytime never pose a problem even on holidays.

It is so inconsistent I don't even know where to start troubleshooting.

We got 3 host migrations in a row during first few rounds of Onslaught, no one left it just switched host on his own. Kinda annoying at it resets every current ability selected or already on ground, ie Vauban mines, Ivara arrows etc. I noticed sometimes it does an host migration during mission loading. Maybe to balance ping and have kind of a triangle around the host, so everyone has a decent ping. Its my best guess.

Archived