ReSchool me on Damage Meta?

Question

It's been a year since I last played Warframe Seriously (Borderlands)

and things have changed with the Damage System since then.

what I remember was, Corrosive Procs being the number 1 priority, Because Grineer Armor damage reduction scaled up exponentially, and you absolutely needed to negate all armor to get anything done.

and Corpus not really mattering, because their shields were ignoreable. So just use Gas or Slash to attack their health.

How much of that is still true now? what should I be doing instead?

12 answers to this question

1 minute ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

It's been a year since I last played Warframe Seriously (Borderlands)

and things have changed with the Damage System since then.

what I remember was, Corrosive Procs being the number 1 priority, Because Grineer Armor damage reduction scaled up exponentially, and you absolutely needed to negate all armor to get anything done.

and Corpus not really mattering, because their shields were ignoreable. So just use Gas or Slash to attack their health.

corrosive strip is limited now at 80%, heat procs strip armor now too up to 50%. Shields now block slash procs but toxin still bypasses them. Exponential enemy armor scaling was removed so armored enemies are softer targets now. Viral/slash or Viral/slash/heat is a go to these days for armored enemies though corrosive/heat is still good.

What  LordPantaloons said, Viral doesnt half enemy HP anymore, but makes enemy hp take more damage based on the number of viral procs on them (this works with slash extremely well to bleed things for a lot)

Corrosive/heat together is only really used in steel path to cut through their massive armor

• Like 1

for the past 3 or 4 years, Stats has been the 'meta'. spamming one Status Effect on an Enemy as your sole source of capability to Kill things makes you very susceptible to, well, not being able to Kill things.

plus with Enemies being massively nerfed. Hybrid Weapons as always, and certain Damage Types are recently much more valuable than they were previously (mainly Viral, Fire, Electricity - Magnetic can be good sometimes too). Corrosive can still have some value though Fire will generally be sufficient for Armor weakening IMO, with the level of Stats that we can achieve and i therefore do achieve.
just don't rely exclusively on the few Status Effects. should have Damage to back it up.

oh, and Slash Status was massively nerfed in all cases except for Hunter Munitions and Stances that force Slash. and Whipclaw. otherwise don't plan on relying on Slash Status.

RIP Gas.

Edited by taiiat
13 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Is Radiation/Viral still relevant for dealing with high level Grineer Alloy Armor?

or is Heat/Viral more useful now?

Radiation deals 75% more damage against Alloy Armor.

Heat strips 50% of all Armor types, over a short duration.

So, at low levels, Radiation wins out, but at higher levels, Heat is stronger, but only if the proc has time to work. Since you are also using Viral, stacking extra Viral procs gives the Heat proc time to work.

Pure slash + toxin status build is absolutely universal now. If you're not interested in steel path than go corrosive+heat. Its works fine without this insane ehp (SP corpus is something weird with their amount of shields). 

Or make universal kit with all types of damage if you're prefer this type of gameplay. 

In total new damage system is a little bit more interesting in building than before. 

12 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Actually it's the Exponential Armor Scaling that made Corrosive Damage weak against Armored Enemies...

Slash was the Old Meta and Suprise Surprise it's still the Meta now.

Well.... Gas been nerfed to no longer Proc Toxin and it no longer bypasses Shields. What has does now is emmits an AoE that deals Damage over time on the Effected enemy.

Slash also no longer Bypasses Shields so Toxin is the way to go against Shielded Enemies.

Well one thing you can do is find out exactly what Each Type of Damage does....

Then you'll now exactly how to use against not just existing enemies....but any new enemies that DE adds later on.

It goes without Saying that you should remember to use your Scanners 😉.

12 hours ago, McCIoud said:

What  LordPantaloons said, Viral doesnt half enemy HP anymore, but makes enemy hp take more damage based on the number of viral procs on them (this works with slash extremely well to bleed things for a lot)

Apparently Viral is so good now it works really well even without Slash 😮.

12 hours ago, taiiat said:

oh, and Slash Status was massively nerfed in all cases except for Hunter Munitions and Stances that force Slash. and Whipclaw. otherwise don't plan on relying on Slash Status.

Isn't Slash Status the same as it was before.... Nothing about the Status itself has changed....

11 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Is Radiation/Viral still relevant for dealing with high level Grineer Alloy Armor?

Sort of....

You would mostly use that combination on Enemies that are immune to Status Effects.

In which case you should be ready to Mod for any combination of Damage Types to deal with Immune Enemies.

11 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Indeed they are... 

Infact all the damages were improved except for Impact and Void. Impact actually got Worse.

8 hours ago, punish_me said:

Pure slash + toxin status build is absolutely universal now. If you're not interested in steel path than go corrosive+heat. Its works fine without this insane ehp (SP corpus is something weird with their amount of shields). 

Interesting.... Which weapon do you use This Combination with ?

32 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Isn't Slash Status the same as it was before.... Nothing about the Status itself has changed...

you are 4x less likely to apply Slash Status now than you were before, unless you were running an Elementless Loadout which would mean you'd have to use 2 Slots for pure Status Chance and have some exterior forces apply the other Status Effects to support the Slash that you'd be wanting.

IPS weighting was removed, so unless you're using Hunter Munitions or a Stance that applies a lot of Slash, Slash Status got nerfed by 75%. you'll have to shoot 4x as much to do the same Damage with Slash Status.
2x as much if you use the 120% Slash Mods, but if you're using that and 2 raw Status Mods you're now severely cutting into your actual Slash Status Damage.

the Slash Status itself is still the same other than not bypassing Shields though, yes.

17 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Heat/Viral is the current meta for most levels of play,  Radiation is still preferred in a few cases,  particularly against Ambulas, eidolons,  and other alloy armored viral proc immune bosses.

Corrosive/Heat is currently meta for Deimos,  because most of the Deimos-specific infested are immune to viral.    Radiation is preferred for hostile Necramechs in Deimos's isolation vaults,  because they're alloy armored. 

Steel Path corpus need magnetic weapons,  because their shields are just that strong.    Viral/heat is fine against Steel Path Grineer and infested (outside of the Cambion Drift).   

For liches,  Corrosive works well because they're ferite armored.

All of the sentients you encounter in railjack anomalies are ferrite armored and viral immune,  so corrosive for them (and Void to reset their adaptation).  

Infested demolishers are viral immune, as well,  so gas is preferred in Infested disruption.  The Zealoid Prelate is viral immune as well,  and vulnerable to gas damage.    Gas damage on a strong melee is absolutely necessary on Steel Path Emissary Assassination to prevent a 45-minute slog. 

Edited by hyzmarca

Not sure if this was mentioned but the faction damage mods like smite grineer are really good depending on the build. They don't look great on the surface but these mods essentially let you double dip in to slash procs and I think (correct me if i'm wrong, not 100% sure), any dot effects like fire or electric procs. This will deal more damage overall than having say, a heavy caliber equipped. 

12 часов назад, Lutesque сказал:

Interesting.... Which weapon do you use This Combination with ?

Any stat+crit melee. Nikana P, Venka P, Kronen P, even some Zaws are fine. And dont forget about Saryn :) 

My favorite:

Naramon + Swift Momentum + Nikana P + Daikyu amalgam for healing

Спойлер

03Hv4sc.png

9 hours ago, hyzmarca said:

Steel Path corpus need magnetic weapons,  because their shields are just that strong. 

Have you tried straight Toxin? on the Steel Path Corpus enemies, they die with full shields.

I use a Condition Overload Bloodrush melee to apply it and watch them scramble to put on over shields just before they die.

I use the same build for Grineer in Steel Path, Toxin Slash and I use other weapons if I need other elements of damage or raw damage.

Infested I just use Gas, weapon has Slash already on it.

Electricity is crazy at the moment I use it on my gun (Fulmin) and it's just crazy. shh don't tell DE.

Edited by Slayer-.
Typo removed 'e' from one