Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Long mission loading time after patch

Gtlk

Sorry but those are rookie numbers. Did a complete uninstall then reinstall after yesterdays hotfix made the game completely unplayable. 2 different crashes as soon as I started the game up made me decide to just try to reinstall. Before the reinstall my load times were 20 seconds or less for every mission, every relay, every hub and every open world. Now after reinstall my load time to do a simple sabotage mission took 1 minute 48 seconds to load. EVERY. SINGLE. MISSION. Is taking around that time to load. Making me have no choice but to play solo. I don't mind playing solo since I do it a lot already but this load time has killed the fun factor for me. Ye, gonna finish today's sortie then just hope for a hotfix.

So it seems I am not the only one affected,I thought it's just my PC.

The loading screen is lagging as hell,fps going to 5-7,meanwhile the game is absolutely freezing and this whole process is very slowing down the loading progress,it was also affecting the start of the mission after loading,it took a while in the mission for things to settle down.

(7.2k HDD here)

i have the same issue 

it used to take me less the 30 second to load a mission now i load near the extraction

loading into mission dojo relay or open world cities takes ages after the update also had couple of crashed so reinstalled the game and it did nothing same issue ....

On 2020-09-18 at 2:35 PM, -FrutyX- said:

So it seems I am not the only one affected,I thought it's just my PC.

The loading screen is lagging as hell,fps going to 5-7,meanwhile the game is absolutely freezing and this whole process is very slowing down the loading progress,it was also affecting the start of the mission after loading,it took a while in the mission for things to settle down.

(7.2k HDD here)

My loading time has increased but it’s not too bad, but the loading screen is also so laggy, at around 15 FPS and goes up to 400 in the last few seconds, I know that loading up the map requires a lot of processes, but then maybe change it so that it only shows our ships flying when most of the processing is done, I mean is it really a “cool” show when your flying at 15 FPS? And if you don’t wanna waste time just make it skippable.

Hi everyone, if you're still experiencing the issue with long load times, can you please try verifying and optimizing your download cache? This can be done in the by clicking the little cogwheel in the corner of the Warframe launcher, and it will help us rule out the possibility of this being caused by missing or corrupt game files. 

verf5.png

I'd tried asking in devstream but I couldn't blame anyone for not catching it (or maybe caring to answer) in the madness of twitch chat.  It's my understanding that oodle texture is simply a near-lossless texture optimization package that is usually (but not required to be) used with along side with runtime compression (think 7zip/winzip/winrar).

In the Ensmallinging post, it isn't mentioned if the data is also compressed which would require runtime decompression. Furthermore, oddle texture will work with whichever compression  method the developer chooses (not locking one into a proprietary-only option, a good thing.) In theory, if the decompression is using GPU compute pipeline, a mid range or higher GPU on a modern chipset should have enough compute umph to handle this without human perception but herein lie the gotchas. 

Suppose you're using a low end system or suppose you're using integrated graphics (IGP- also includes APU, don't be fooled), now the CPU (or on CPU die pipeline in the case of APU) is responsible for runtime decompression and you will feel it.

The difference in time that it would take a CPU to execute compute optimized/preferred instructions (measure of time) might be easier to fathom by a measure of scale or distance; i.e. ant vs planet (too extreme?) or with a ruler. I don't happen to be smart enough to provide an accurate conversion but given that you've already seen a noticeable difference in load time, even with open areas that dynamically load data (not preloaded?) that need to read in texture data that wasn't previously needed to render your scene (reduces required vid mem and preload time in most cases but the HW needs to keep up, think next-gen consoles around the corner and ~160W+ graphics cards), don't really need an analogy I guess and has me leaning heavily towards believing the situation is runtime decompression related.

Obligatory this is my opinion supported only through the empirically observed increased load times and occasional frame stutter in open areas. Actual validation could be obtained from the devs who manage the code or even an IDA (Pro) pro expert that would likely breach the EULA.

oodle texture ref

15 hours ago, [DE]Linkski said:

Hi everyone, if you're still experiencing the issue with long load times, can you please try verifying and optimizing your download cache? This can be done in the by clicking the little cogwheel in the corner of the Warframe launcher, and it will help us rule out the possibility of this being caused by missing or corrupt game files. 

verf5.png

Already tried doing it, didn't help

Ok, so, apparently, I managed to fix my infinite loading times, and I think its related to bulk download and aggressive download corrupting the data.

Basically, the optimised textures are 6.9GB. If you deactivate bulk download and aggressive download, the launcher only downloads ~315MB of data, your other 6.6 GB of data was not downloaded at all.
This results in extremely long load times when loading into the game. Missions would not load at all.

My only suggestion would be to defrag the hard drive you are installing it on, reinstall the game with bulk download and aggressive download turned on, verify and optimize download cache, and you may need to download some more things again. But most importantly, consider using a VPN. (Good vpns will check for file integrity, something that the launcher does not do very well.)

This is extremely time consuming and annoying, because the launcher keeps failing the download if on even the most minor cases of packet loss.

• 9 months later...

Archived