Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ugly, dirty and weathered textures on warframes

(PSN)Vexx757

17 hours ago, technozorro said:

lol yes he always look like that, its just me ranting because it seems this is the way warframes are going to look from now on

Even through I get that all warframe should get rid of this dirty look and I 100% support this but Idk about Lavos, he has taken the #1 spot of the ugliest frame in the game and it`s a damn shame coz he looks like a fun frame to play.

Recently came back to check the game out again after a while and was greeted by the Nidus Phryke skin looking like marble out of nowhere. Personally, I feel that it's unacceptable to modify existing (premium at that) skins in such a manner. I went through every deluxe skin that I own, and several of them look so bad now that I've just opted to not return to the game for the time being. It may seem petty, yes, but I bought those skins for how they were, and how the concept artists envisioned them.  

On 2021-01-10 at 3:00 AM, Rilot said:

Recently came back to check the game out again after a while and was greeted by the Nidus Phryke skin looking like marble out of nowhere. Personally, I feel that it's unacceptable to modify existing (premium at that) skins in such a manner. I went through every deluxe skin that I own, and several of them look so bad now that I've just opted to not return to the game for the time being. It may seem petty, yes, but I bought those skins for how they were, and how the concept artists envisioned them.  

i agree with you most of us buy the skins for the way they look before, I used to think DE doesn't respect players time but at least they respect their money, but nop not even that

Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.4

Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.5

Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.6

Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.7 + 29.6.7.1

Nothing fix!!!!!

here are some photos of nyx before (small pic) and after, can´t be more clear that the textures were changed to look worst

Spoiler

2021-01-17-23-50.png

Spoiler

2021-01-17-23-50-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-17-23-55.png

Spoiler

2021-01-17-23-55-01.png

here is the link to the youtube video I use as reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9VQDpWW6CY&t=11s 

Xaku textures and metallic materials are busted 

xaku has this square patron that gets worst if you choose a darker color

Spoiler

2021-01-19-01-00-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-19-01-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-19-01-01-01.png

and a lot of metallic textures have the same problem

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-08.png

Spoiler

2021-01-17-23-59-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-12.png

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-13-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-16.png

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-17-01.png

lets compress the textures into oblivion what could possibly go wrong?

Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.8 + 29.6.8.1 nothing fix!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-10-03 at 10:35 AM, technozorro said:

Garuda hinsa skin just got worst now she looks like if she is made of old silicon foam

you can see how bad the texture look on her arms, thighs,chest, back an ever the tendrils on her head

- snip -

Hahaha, lost it, she indeed looks like old silicon foam!

On 2021-01-28 at 5:41 AM, Silescere said:

Has been there since the Brightness Changes PSA and the removal of adaptive eyposure toggle. I don't know enough of games and coding, so all I can do is wildly suspect, that the removal of that outdated renderer/shader? caused this somehow.

DE change the deluxe skin textures  along with the along with the horrendous  pbr  texture rework of ash, ember, nova, valkyr an vauban. Khora  Urushu day  one look fine with out dirt DE added the dirt two or three hotfixes  later calling it "enhance detail" lol, from there DE as made stealth changes to other textures for example xaku metalic parts now have those squares when before the colors where uniform

Dear DE as always you are doing an amazing job supporting and updating your game. 

By updating your textures you made the environment even better and immersive, but once you changed the the skin textures many of us were disappointed with the "dirt" on our frames.

Here is an extensive post with a massive collection of photos showcasing the problem.

I issued a ticket (with the topic above linked) and the answer was to post this issue in the feedback section. 

At least is it possible to get a toggle or a bar for "weathered" effects? Just like the one in orbiter's customisation options?

I'd appreciate an answer or at least an acknowledgement from the team.

Thank you so much!

On 2021-02-06 at 7:03 AM, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

I really miss how Ash looked before this ugly crap happened. Here is a video showing how he looked before the horrible changes, you don`t need to watch the whole video just the part I have here at the beginning.

https://youtu.be/bpJoiQ22rG8?t=13

i know mate feels bad playing this game when your favorite characters look all rusty and old, and with the shaders and light changes all warframes look like hippopotamus skin lol

one step forward two steps back,  right DE!!!

Rhino Paladin skin 

same crap material that can´t be colored  the purple parts look all weathered, the "black" color now look silver 

Spoiler

2021-02-14-01-02-01.png

Spoiler

2021-02-14-01-03-01.png

on top of that when you use iron skin you have this trash wet glitter, in game looks even worst 

Spoiler

2021-02-14-00-57-01.png

Spoiler

2021-02-14-00-58-01.png

honestly DE what is hell is this? but god forbids you to fixing something that is actually broken

and this stupid suit now have scratches all over 

after                                                                                                                                           before

Spoiler

2021-02-13-18-20.png

On 2021-02-14 at 2:32 AM, Tsoe said:

FORSHADOWING

NEW SYSTEM INCOMING

WASH YOUR WARFRAME IN HELLMYNTH MOUTH

only 100p per bath lol

11 hours ago, vinireaper1 said:

WTF i just noticed my nidus looks like this now, i didn't pay an absurd amount of  plat for it to look this ugly.
If it's not fixed i will simply submit a ticket for a refund. Do they think we are stupid?

Reveal hidden contents

SjwRJEb.png

i know, this is a scam it must be another "muh vision" moment from DE. Good luck with you refund mate

Click on image to get full view, preview doesn't do my point as much justice.

aau2MIY.jpg

I dont realy like the latest changes to the Nidus Phryke textures.
Ive been offline for months and come back to find that all my warframes look how i left them, except for nidus Phryke skin. Why that one? He's my favorite!

Forgot to add in the image notes that the older versions had richer blacks. I mean, the 2018 version was dark enough to match the cape!
Also realized that the glare on the torso makes it harder to see the shattered bones in the arms.

It would be interesting if DE added settings to make part or all of the warframe damage or dirt adjustable. They did it with the orbiter interior.
Maybe even a setting to change the gloss or glare?

Either way, I miss the cleaner look of my flesh and bone tone, dark death knight....

Hard to say how I feel about the matter, I think "Sad" is the word I'm looking for. I own all frames normal and primed versions, I've spent hours coloring them to my likes. As a standalone user I do not have access to all the awesome fashion Warframe has to offer, still I've colored my beloved warframes with dedication and time, trying to find that balance in colors making them look awesome in their own way.

I like to play them all eventually and just recently wanted to spend a couple days with my beloved Ember, like a child losing is favourite floof, I was about to cry when I saw my vibrant girl on fire looking like a piece of cloth extremely used, decolored like being summerged into bleach for a while. It does not matter the colors used on her now, she looks bad, blame the lighting in the game, blame those texture compression "optimizations". She has lost that fashion spark, now there is a clear view of how different colors are applied to different materials, making her helmet look different from her body and from the attachments when using them all the very same colors.

Another clear example is Chroma Prime, he has now some metalic parts looking like a rusted piece of metal, the color is not applied fully to the part, it feels like the color was splattered over it instead.

Got this off my chest, I hope for DE to somehow read this, take notes and fix what is been broken. I understand the game needing optimizations, fashion is now a big part of the game and when it mess with people's wallet and dedicated time, the table is flipped and everyone gets mad.

Best regards.

Octavia Prime: Update 29.9.0 nothing fix!!!!!!!!!

Octavia Prime: Hotfix 29.9.1 nothing fix!!!!!!

I found more crappy metallic textures

nova prime 

Spoiler

2021-02-22-01-07.png

Nekros Irkalla

Spoiler

2021-02-22-01-03.png

chroma prime

Spoiler

2021-02-22-00-48.png

excalibur dex skin

Spoiler

2021-02-22-00-51.png

garuda claws 

Spoiler

2021-02-22-00-53.png

here is another example of how DE is ruining our stuff just because they feel like to

before                                                                                                                                        after

Spoiler

2021-02-22-00-41.png

it looks so much better now DE thank you!!! 

here is a video showcase of how the floof look before the "enhance detail" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwbMGCQPZlI

Archived