Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ugly, dirty and weathered textures on warframes

(PSN)Vexx757

I recommend to report these under the 29.3.1 Bug megathread -- there's a category for textures that like Ash, Valkyr, etc., since, as I already said earlier, these had to do with compression and had (and still have) to be reshipped. So Ash, Valkyr, Nova and Vauban should be reported there.

10 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

I recommend to report these under the 29.3.1 Bug megathread -- there's a category for textures that like Ash, Valkyr, etc., since, as I already said earlier, these had to do with compression and had (and still have) to be reshipped. So Ash, Valkyr, Nova and Vauban should be reported there.

i'm going to check out, thanks mate

Heart of Deimos: TennoGen: 29.3.2 but already report most of the frames to the Great Ensmallening Part 2 Bug Report Megathread,lets hope i gets fixed soon

On 2020-11-07 at 12:37 AM, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Just loaded up and chose my Grendel loadout that I haven't used in ages and he's covered in pepper dots too. :|

sorry to hear that, it is possible for you to post a photo i don´t have Grendel 

well here we go again

ash shroud has really dirty textures and darker colors give white artifacs

Spoiler

2020-11-06-14-28.png

Spoiler

2020-11-06-14-29.png

trinity prime and trinity strega has dusty textures

Spoiler

2020-11-08-17-52.png

Spoiler

2020-11-08-17-52-03.png

Mag Pneuma has a weirs discoloration on her inner legs

Spoiler

2020-11-12-16-25.png

mag immortal skin gas white artifacts

Spoiler

2020-11-12-16-24.png

Oberon Feyarch has weird discoloration on metallic textures

Spoiler

2020-11-12-16-23.png

hydroid rakkam same problem that garuda deluxe the textures look dirty and like old silicone foam

Spoiler

2020-11-19-00-43.png

Spoiler

2020-11-19-00-49.png

overall all textures look worst they have a grainy look now

Spoiler

2020-11-08-18-38.png

• 3 weeks later...

Mirror effect dissapeared ( void missions - enhanced beta engine). It is present on classic engine.

Spoiler

mirror-effect-dissapeared.jpg

Low resolution and high compressed textures. It look much much bad than before shrink of the game size. This will not be welcome by new players too. And again, i dont remember that someone complained that game looks too good and it need some adjustments in order to look bad. 40 Gigs was lower than majority of new games on the market and no one with minimal PC specs shouldn't complain about size of the game.

Spoiler

low-resolution-high-compressed-textures.

On 2020-12-05 at 4:02 PM, razorr974 said:

Mirror effect dissapeared ( void missions - enhanced beta engine). It is present on classic engine.

Reveal hidden contents

mirror-effect-dissapeared.jpg

Low resolution and high compressed textures. It look much much bad than before shrink of the game size. This will not be welcome by new players too. And again, i dont remember that someone complained that game looks too good and it need some adjustments in order to look bad. 40 Gigs was lower than majority of new games on the market and no one with minimal PC specs shouldn't complain about size of the game.

Reveal hidden contents

low-resolution-high-compressed-textures.

I agree,the "next gen" engine seems to be half bake like everything else, also you can report this textures artifacts here too: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1234178-great-ensmallening-part-2-bug-report-megathread/

Heart of Deimos: Hotfix 29.0.8 + 29.0.8.1 nothing fix!!

Heart of Deimos: Update 29.1.0 nothing fix!!

Heart of Deimos: Hotfix 29.1.1 nothing fix!!

Heart of Deimos: Hotfix 29.1.2 + Hotfix 29.1.2.1 nothing fix!!

Heart of Deimos: Prime Vault: 29.2.0 nothing fix!!

Heart of Deimos: TennoGen: 29.2.1 nothing fix!!

Heart of Deimos: Hotfix: 29.2.2 nothing fix!!

Heart of Deimos: Hotfix: 29.2.3 nothing fix!!

Heart of Deimos: Hotfix: 29.2.4: NIGHTS OF NABERUS!  nothing fix!!

Heart of Deimos: Nezha Prime: 29.3.0 + 29.3.0.1 nothing fix!!

Heart of Deimos: TennoGen: 29.3.1 nothing fix!!

Heart of Deimos: TennoGen: 29.3.2 nothing fix!!

Deimos: Arcana: Hotfix 29.5.1 nothing fix!!

Deimos: Arcana: Hotfix 29.5.2 nothing fix!!

Update 29.5: Deimos Arcana nothing fix!!

Deimos: Arcana: Hotfix 29.5.3 nothing fix!!

Deimos: Arcana: Hotfix 29.5.4 nothing fix!!

Deimos: Arcana: Hotfix 29.5.5 + 29.5.5.1 nothing fix!!

Deimos: Arcana: Hotfix 29.5.6 nothing fix!!

Deimos: Arcana: Hotfix 29.5.7 nothing fix!!!

Hotfix 29.5.8 nothing fix!!!

I was about to buy the loki deluxe bundle for the armor and I notice the textures have black spots 

Hulta armor set

Spoiler

2020-12-13-01-58.png

color

Spoiler

2020-12-13-02-00-01.png

gara deluxe same problem parts remain grey when choosing white colors, dirty but at least don´t look too trashy like other textures and whats the point of hyping the armor and wings if is going to disappear anyways 

gara kaleida

Spoiler

2020-12-13-02-10.png

also the materials seem inconsistent white colors make it look like marble but darker colors look like plastic

Spoiler

2020-12-14-01-15.png

and in the promotional photo the texture look like some kind of iridescence material but in game looks like plastic

Spoiler

Gara-Deluxe-Poster.png

As of Deimos Arcana release on console, Nidus Phryke has been updated with a ridiculously over-stated, detail-flattening texture that ruins the skin and makes it look dirty.

Comparison below:

Pre-Arcana:

RECentral+2019-08-16+23-47-42-09.png?for

Post Arcana:

image-asset.jpeg?format=1500w

phryke+-+image1.jpg?format=1500w

phryke+-+image0.jpg?format=1500w

This ugly texture reduces all non-metallic / non-phantasm bodyparts to "dirty stone", including the flesh of the shoulders, when it's clear that is not what Phryke is made of.

Additionally, the texture severely dampens any chosen colour and flattens / drowns out model detail. Ridges, teeth, and general detailing is smoothed and drowned out with this black texture. The fact that the texture is applied with no depth and just slapped on wholesale throughout three full colour channels just makes its application look lazy; the texture makes the skin overall look dirty and flat, like the skin's features need to be hidden somehow. If the intent was to give a sense of "weathering", the mark has been missed by a mile. The skin just looks dirty, like it's been blasted with dirt and never washed.

Please remove this texture or lighten its effect. This is not what I paid for when I bought this skin. If the skin had come with such a heavy-handed texture from the onset, I would have never bought it.

35 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

welcome to DE global and universal implementation of PBM, where the only source of art that exists in the universe is the Quarrie Tatooine concepts from Star Wars.

"PBM" has been mentioned a lot over the last half a year's worth of updates (mostly in the form of complaints) - would you be able to explain what PBM is? I've tried looking for myself, but PBM seems to be a relatively common acronym. I know it has something to do with rendering, but this looks more like a problem with someone being extremely careless with textures than specific rendering?

PBR stands for Physically Based Rendering

https://marmoset.co/posts/basic-theory-of-physically-based-rendering/

And there's nothing careless or lazy about DE's usage of it; quite the opposite, this is what happens when someone has a tutorial-to-application fetish and decides the entire output of a game needs to look like the outside of the Millennium Falcon, whether the context is appropriate for the subject matter or not.

5 hours ago, technozorro said:

and in the promotional photo the texture look like some kind of iridescence material but in game looks like plastic

Reveal hidden contents

Gara-Deluxe-Poster.png

The deluxe skin looks nice but I don`t really like Gara that much for one, two of her abilities are stationary and If a warframe has more than one stationary ability that's a turn off for me. Yh that`s a strait up lie the pic looks better than it in-game, that`s deceiving.

• 2 weeks later...

Deimos: Arcana: Prime Vault 29.5. 

Update 29.5: Deimos Arcana

Update 29.6.0: Orphix Venom!

Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.1

Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.2

nothing fix!!!!

Atlas Karst Skin textures have the same dirty look

before

Spoiler

2020-12-17-01-08.png

after

Spoiler

2020-12-17-00-57.png

before right after left

Spoiler

2020-12-17-01-34.png

before right after left

Spoiler

2020-12-17-01-34-01.png

Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.3 nothing fix

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to revert back to before the ensmallening  (and deadlock changes) because the game used to look so sleek but now, in complete and total honesty, it looks like crap. I didn't mind the game taking up the space it did. I'd happily opt-in to have my 'unoptimized' textures back rather than these compressed and poorly detailed shams.

On 2020-12-23 at 12:30 AM, technozorro said:

Atlas Karst Skin textures have the same dirty look

before

Reveal hidden contents

2020-12-17-01-08.png

after

Reveal hidden contents

2020-12-17-00-57.png

before right after left

Reveal hidden contents

2020-12-17-01-34.png

before right after left

Hide contents

2020-12-17-01-34-01.png

This looks better  (the left part), except missing blue efect from shoulders. It is more detailed, the lights are better and it looks like a real piece of stone. That dirty effect render more realistic the aspect of the stone...

I just wonder, was this texture change even intentional at all? Why does DE not even acknowledge it? As a player that came back after Deadlock Protocol (when these changes took place) I feel wholly scammed because I thought that the Deluxe skins (especially the Liger ones like Nidus Phryke) were supposed to be this... dusty and the promotional images were just better renders. But no! It's a full on scam.

On 2020-12-31 at 2:48 AM, Saiyer said:

I'd love to revert back to before the ensmallening  (and deadlock changes) because the game used to look so sleek but now, in complete and total honesty, it looks like crap. I didn't mind the game taking up the space it did. I'd happily opt-in to have my 'unoptimized' textures back rather than these compressed and poorly detailed shams.

I agree,the game and warframes look way worst now, levels have these damn fog that don´t let you see, the  "improve" lighting  makes everything look overexpose and frames look old rusty

On 2020-12-31 at 6:17 AM, razorr974 said:

This looks better  (the left part), except missing blue efect from shoulders. It is more detailed, the lights are better and it looks like a real piece of stone. That dirty effect render more realistic the aspect of the stone...

i get your point but personally don´t like crappy move of changing stuff after purchase, and the lighting look cool for screenshots but for general gameplay i found it annoying  and tiresome

On 2021-01-01 at 5:53 PM, RashFever26 said:

I just wonder, was this texture change even intentional at all? Why does DE not even acknowledge it? As a player that came back after Deadlock Protocol (when these changes took place) I feel wholly scammed because I thought that the Deluxe skins (especially the Liger ones like Nidus Phryke) were supposed to be this... dusty and the promotional images were just better renders. But no! It's a full on scam.

I think they are, look at the most recent warframes all look dirty and weathered, DE hasn¨t acknowledge anything the just took the money and run with it, i even report all of this to the Great Ensmallening Part 2 Bug Report Megathread but no answer neither

Here are some photos off nidus before and after

before left after right

Spoiler

2021-01-01-18-42.png

Spoiler

2021-01-01-18-55.png

another bite the dust, for me looks like the same crappy style DE use on ash, ember, nova,valkyr ,vauban  dimmer colors, white edges everywhere, this is so bad that the antialiasing makes the warframe look wet, and if you use clear colos look dirty and if you use darker color has white edges and spots

lavos

Spoiler

2020-12-31-18-35-03.png

close ups

Spoiler

2020-12-29-17-41.png

Spoiler

2020-12-29-17-41-02.png

color

Spoiler

2020-12-31-18-35.png

close ups

Spoiler

2020-12-29-17-42.png

Spoiler

2020-12-29-17-43.png

his syandana don´t even follow the same style

Spoiler

2021-01-01-14-40.png

honestly DE who told you that your game has to look bad, who come up whit the idea that warframes have to look like trash, man I start playing because your characters look cool

Archived