Jump to content

How to get a good riven for Cheap


Recommended Posts

This is not Guaranteed to give you a good riven every time. This is still RNG. Hopefully this can help you earn rivens wile just playing the game. Nothing requires long farming to be effective except steel path. 

How to get a good riven for cheap

1. Never buy a riven with high rolled stats.

-More often than not. These are over priced and not worth the amount of plat you will spend. 

2. Buy unrolled rivens for the weapons you want. 

-These will always be cheaper especially if you can buy one with bad stats on it already

3. Farm lots of Kuva if you plan on doing this. I usually like to have at least around 30k kuva to start. 

-You won't always get lucky but will more than likely end up with a riven better than you started which you can either sell or keep to roll. 

4. Never use trade chat.

-People are out there to scam you.

5. Where to get rivens?

-Riven slivers get you one free riven a week

-Sorties

-(Buying) Using the auction at warframe market has been working well for me recently

-(Buying) Riven.market website is also good to check.

6. Where to farm Kuva

-Kuva Survival 

-Steel path has worked best for me recently

-Arbitrations 

7. Roll!

-Once you finally get Riven for a weapon you want. Roll! 

-Usually don't go past 20 rolls because of kuva cost. More effecient to get a another riven depending how popular the weapon is. 

 

Edited by Brosef42
Wanted to add information I felt was missing. Also not raise people hopes to high by letting them know it's not a guarantee.
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
il y a 24 minutes, Brosef42 a dit :

Summary: Using this method. You can a god rolled riven while only spending 20 to 80 plat. 

You don't spend plats, but you spend your time.
If people buy expensive Riven, it's not because it's the only way to get them, it's because it's a lot less time consuming, and sometime selling prime junk to buy a specific riven is faster than rolling it yourself.

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites

Or how about not use this awful implented system that failed to buff old weapons as it was suppsoed to do and only makes already overused weapons stronger.

This term "God Rolled Riven" or "God like Riven" shows how crap it is, boosting peoples own ego and there addiciton to such a crappy gambling system.

Those Rivens need to go, DE should not care for how much peopel invested in them, like any Online game the focus and main income comes from new players.

I would not cry if Rivens would vanish over night and would finally serve people right selling and buying for ridiclious prices.

Those kind of "guides" serve no one help except the ones who profit on it already. If this is what makes you play then i feel sorry for you and not play for the gamepaly, what most games become, pure numbers ot show of.

I seen this enough in other shooters, kill count hight desptie mission itself failed, this is what it comes down to, all those numbers need to go honestly.

Edited by Marine027
Typos
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeh... nah. I mean this is the correct method but don't fool people into thinking it'll cost 20 - 80p for a god roll. It's 20p PER riven you roll. And it could take 20 rivens to get a good one. You also need significantly more kuva than 30k.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Brosef42 said:

Usually don't go past 20 rolls because of kuva cost. More effecient to get a another riven depending how popular the weapon is. 

I have a really bad RNG and when I could get a roll that is at least sellable, it was usually 100+ rolls.

Having said that some of my 200+ rolls were godly

Link to post
Share on other sites

When u doing something over and over again it become dull. Become boring.. Then u start asking yourself..  why u doing this with your time? 

Every person have a purpose to live... Is this my purpose to live? spend hours to get kuva.... 

Is this the story that i will tell to my child? 

Dont get me wrong. But its like addiction, to get godroll but braton with lot of forma will do just fine even in SP. 

But anyway... Yeah this is the correct way to get godroll with minimum plat. 

Even DE doin it.

"Oh you want x frame but dont want RNG bother u? Give us plat and this x frame will be for u"

Edited by superiouz
DE
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently 20+ hours of your time is cheap. But if you buy a resource booster for kuva farming its even cheaper... amirite dudes?

Wait I know of an even cheaper-er method, do a sortie every day, see a sortie has a chance of dropping a riven mod after you complete it, but you can only do 1 a day so... ok thats enough

God roll could cost you 2k kuva or 200k. I try to settle with "good enough" to not lose my sanity

Edited by More-L
wrong word
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

"Never use trade chat" isn't really good advice in my opinion. The proper advice would be to learn how to use trade chat specifically for Riven Mods. You can build a collection of Riven Mods without rolling anything if you understand trading. It's also much more efficient time-wise to trade for Platinum and buy a Riven than it is to try and roll for a good roll. Sure it may not be "cheap" in Platinum, but it's cheaper in time almost everytime if you are chasing the best rolls.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Marine027 said:

Or how about not use this awful implented system that failed to buff old weapons as it was suppsoed to do and only makes already overused weapons stronger.

This term "God Rolled Riven" or "God like Riven" shows how crap it is, boosting peoples own ego and there addiciton to such a crappy gambling system.

Those Rivens need to go, DE should not care for how much peopel invested in them, like any Online game the focus and main income comes from new players.

I would not cry if Rivens would vanish over night and would finally serve people right selling and buying for ridiclious prices.

Those kind of "guides" serve no one help except the ones who profit on it already. If this is what makes you play then i feel sorry for you and not play for the gamepaly, what most games become, pure numbers ot show of.

I seen this enough in other shooters, kill count hight desptie mission itself failed, this is what it comes down to, all those numbers need to go honestly.

You are very rude. The term god rolled riven is not to boost my ego. It's to get people attention to the article. No one wants a guide to a kind of good riven. Also Idk why you implied I'm addicted to this "gambling system". It serves no purpose but to personally attack me. As far as those Rivens needing to go. I couldn't disagree more. Rivens are a great reward for players willing to invest the time. This honestly just sounds like either you are jealous of people that have a great riven and want one yourself. Or you got burnt from a bad deal. That still doesn't excuse your attitude with me for no reason. As far as this only serving the people that profit already. That's a flat lie. Unless you're not wise and spend unnecessary amounts of plat because of you being impatient. You can always earn plat ingame. This is not meant to get you 10 "god" rolled rivens in a matter of hours. It takes a long time for every riven I plan to roll. So plan to invest some time if you want to do this. If you don't Cool. For the people that play this game for hours a day. This is definitely something you can do on the side to earn a great riven without spending a lot of plat. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

your guide is really bad

you can't get a godly riven this way 

it takes hundreds of thousands of kuva for a solid chance of a good roll

it takes hundreds of millions of kuva for a solid chance of a perfect roll (this is a "god riven")

this has been mathematically proven and is common knowledge now

30k kuva and rolling up to 20 is completely meaningless in this scheme of things

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

your guide is really bad

you can't get a godly riven this way 

it takes hundreds of thousands of kuva for a solid chance of a good roll

it takes hundreds of millions of kuva for a solid chance of a perfect roll (this is a "god riven")

this has been mathematically proven and is common knowledge now

30k kuva and rolling up to 20 is completely meaningless in this scheme of things

If you go to Warfame.Market and look up the kuva bramma. You will find most of those rivens have less than 20 rolls on them. One of them selling for 5k plat has 2 re rolls on it. Someone had to roll them. You never know if you never try. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Brosef42 said:

If you go to Warfame.Market and look up the kuva bramma. You will find most of those rivens have less than 20 rolls on them. One of them selling for 5k plat has 2 re rolls on it. Someone had to roll them. You never know if you never try. 

You'll also find that most of those aren't a god roll. Most of the time I see on trade chat "WTS God roll "insert weapon" riven", and it's actually medicore. Just because it's advertised as a god roll, doesn't mean it is. Most of the time it isn't and the person selling either thinks it is or they're trying to con new players.

Edit: Just for fun I did that, I went to Warframe.market. 

5000p - Dmg, Crit Chance, Multishot, curse = dmg to infested > Pretty good but Crit Dmg instead of Dmg and minus zoom instead of dmg to infested would make it godly. Hint - it's not worth 5k plat.

4000p - Dmg, Multishot, curse = zoom > Only 2 positive stats and no Crit dmg? Seriously? That's a god roll? This is DEFINITELY not worth the asking price.

2000p - Dmg, Crit Chance, curse = projectile speed > minus projectile speed on a bow... nice. Even on Bramma that's annoying. Again no crit dmg. 

There's your top 3 god rolls mate.... NEXT

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Brosef42 said:

If you go to Warfame.Market and look up the kuva bramma. You will find most of those rivens have less than 20 rolls on them. One of them selling for 5k plat has 2 re rolls on it. Someone had to roll them. You never know if you never try. 

what are those rivens, show me one of them

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Brosef42 said:

If you go to Warfame.Market and look up the kuva bramma. You will find most of those rivens have less than 20 rolls on them. One of them selling for 5k plat has 2 re rolls on it. Someone had to roll them. You never know if you never try. 

if you assemble various people who won the lottery, ask them how they won. You will find most of them played lottery 20 times over the course of their lifetime. One person that won the lottery only played it once and won. Someone has to play the lottery to win the lottery. You never know if you never try.

This is the "logic" behind your post. And it sucks. 

Your post is a guide on "how to play the kuva lottery" and not "how to get a godly riven".

To prepare for rolling a godly riven you must first get millions of kuva.

People are doing this now, they are farming millions of kuva using a special strategy and still failing to get godly rolls.

This is because you need hundreds of millions of kuva for a solid chance of a +++- with a desirable negative. 

As i sad, this is mathematically proven, but you don't seem to care. 

  

8 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Check my post, that's the top 3 on the site lol.

yeah, that's exactly what i expected lol. even on riven market, and even for popular weapons, actual god rolls are pretty rare. 

Edited by Traubenzuckr
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Check my post, that's the top 3 on the site lol.

Thank you for posting that. Saves me the time. The reason that only supports my point is this. If you didn't do this. You would be paying 2k to 4k plat for a good riven. Why not spend 10 to 80 plat for an unrolled riven to get very similar stats of those rivens. You guys keep getting hung up on the term god riven. I don't mean perfect rivens. That's my fault for not being clear enough. The point of this was to get a riven with good stats without paying an arm and leg. Shoot like how you even pointed. Rivens that aren't even perfect still sell for a lot. Why not try to get one? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

you can't buy an unrolled bramma riven for "10 to 80 plat"

we guys are guys who know what they are talking about and you don't seem to

a god riven is a perfect riven. it always meant that, and only people who don't have an in-depth understanding of weapon builds and rivens (one can't go without the other) and why only specific stats give the best results call random rolls godly

these people think that whatever the best riven they've seen for any weapon is a god roll

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Brosef42 said:

Thank you for posting that. Saves me the time. The reason that only supports my point is this. If you didn't do this. You would be paying 2k to 4k plat for a good riven. Why not spend 10 to 80 plat for an unrolled riven to get very similar stats of those rivens. You guys keep getting hung up on the term god riven. I don't mean perfect rivens. That's my fault for not being clear enough. The point of this was to get a riven with good stats without paying an arm and leg. Shoot like how you even pointed. Rivens that aren't even perfect still sell for a lot. Why not try to get one? 

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. You would be STUPID to pay that much for those rivens because they aren't worth anywhere near that. Just because they're priced that way doesn't make them worth it Yes you can get a good riven using your method, as I said in my first post, it is the good way of getting decent rivens but godly ones? Nope. And it's likely that it will cost you around 10 rivens to get a good roll if you stop at 20 rolls, that's the other thing you're omitting. And let's use other variables such as weapon type. If you bought say a kronen riven it's not gonna cost you 20p unrolled, so there's more expense there as well. Simply put, the best possible cheap way to roll some decent rivens is to buy unveiled rivens of the type you want ie primary, kitgun, melee etc as they're far cheaper, or have patience and just roll the ones you get from Sorties and riven slivers. I simply roll them about 15 times, then transmute them unless it's a weapon I have a vested interest in. The idea that 30k kuva is enough is another big nope for me. I keep about 1 million kuva on hand for rolling anything that interests me, I know players with far more kuva that have rolled practically all their rivens already and just burn through it whenever they unveil another decent weapon type.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

1 million kuva on hand for rolling anything that interests me, I know players with far more kuva that have rolled practically all their rivens already and just burn through it whenever they unveil another decent weapon type.

Dude. Okay first step of guide. Farm 1 million hours of kuva lol. Then you will have enough. Once your body starts rotting away at the keyboard then you will have enough kuva to start. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Brosef42 said:

Dude. Okay first step of guide. Farm 1 million hours of kuva lol. Then you will have enough. Once your body starts rotting away at the keyboard then you will have enough kuva to start. 

Steel Path has made it kinda easy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been doing this for a long time, and you don't get "god-rolls" doing it.  Well you could, but they are still exceedingly rare.  I've had a few really good rolls that work well with the weapon, like a Pandero with +cc +ms -recoil,  meaning the alt had virtually no recoil, 140% cc and 3.4 MS.  But its still not a god-roll or even an expensive riven.  Probably the best I've ever personally rolled was a Kronen that had +cc +cd +infested dam and an innocent negative that I can't remember.  It WAS a high plat riven 6mo ago, but far from the highest since cc is not great on kronen.  +dam +atk speed +reach would all probably be better.  Not to mention the infested damage...

Its a solid method of rolling rivens, but not really a secret.  Its the only logical way there is as far as I can tell. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Brosef42 changed the title to How to get a good riven for Cheap

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...