Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to get a good riven for Cheap

Brosef42

vor einer Stunde schrieb Brosef42:

You are very rude. The term god rolled riven is not to boost my ego. It's to get people attention to the article. No one wants a guide to a kind of good riven.

vor 22 Minuten schrieb Brosef42:

I don't mean perfect rivens. That's my fault for not being clear enough. The point of this was to get a riven with good stats without paying an arm and leg.

Yeah, thats called Clickbait. 😉

The only "Guide" to get God Rivens would look like this:

1. Get lucky
  2. done

Your intentions might be good, but this is just unnecessary.

Should be self-explanatory that if you want an Ok-Riven, you have to farm a bit of Kuva and roll a Riven a few times.

And even then, you can still get only Thrash, so again, where is the Guide in this?

Ps: Rolling Rivens is nothing but a waste of time, especially if you consider the fact that most of them are slowly but constantly getting nerfed.

I am just happy that i stopped farming Kuva and Rolling Rivens, its not even close to being fun if you really go for it.

Edit: This doesnt mean rolling a Riven every now and then can't be a fun addition to the game - but really going for it is a massive disappointment.

2 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

I am just happy that i stopped farming Kuva and Rolling Rivens, its not even close to being fun if you really go for it.

I stopped actively doing it long ago.  Still kinda fun just doing when you build up kuva organically either through NW, Arb's or actual gameplay.

The kuva to time ratio in farming is just way too low when 100k is spent in seconds if you don't get exceedingly lucky

the title would be more accurate as "How to acquire your first good riven finally without all the bloody confusion, and some methods i am using" ... cuz this is still good advises toward players that too intimidating on farming them or tried but feel like they got a crap deal.

having "god roll" and "cheap" in your title in a semi-clickbait way kinda just attracting players that already burnt out on it.  

Instead of finding a riven for a specific weapon, I personally like getting unveiled Rivens and then using the riven as a reason to try that weapon. I recently unveiled a Boltor riven with crit chance, crit damage, and negative projectile speed on the first roll. Bought a Telos Boltor from trade chat and it’s one of my top weapons now. Don’t care if it’s a “god roll” or not, it shreds.

Rivens can be an incredibly exhausting system if you go out of your way for them, but if you just get them passively and don’t take them too seriously they can be a ton of fun.

1 minute ago, Brosef42 said:

That's exactly what this was meant for

I saw nothing wrong with what you posted.  Might have been a little misleading, but it didn't read like clickbait... I'm sure there are a lot of people that don't really engage with the system that might have learned something, so sure, correct some wording but no need to recant.  Thanks for putting info out there.  God knows DE doesn't do it, lol

1 minute ago, (PS4)segulibanez65 said:

I saw nothing wrong with what you posted.  Might have been a little misleading, but it didn't read like clickbait... I'm sure there are a lot of people that don't really engage with the system that might have learned something, so sure, correct some wording but no need to recant.  Thanks for putting info out there.  God knows DE doesn't do it, lol

Thank you

6 minutes ago, (PS4)segulibanez65 said:

it's bad advice, don't listen to it

try this instead:

how to get good rivens without much effort

- don't pay attention to rivens until you have tried a majority of the weapons in the game, and you know the current weapon builds very well (rivens don't have any value for you if you don't)

- don't farm kuva, you'll get a bit of it doing liches, nightwave, arbitration, and it's enough to roll something every once in a while; only farm kuva if you know and can implement the currently most efficient strategy (that is orders of magnitude better than anything else) - but you can't do it on console

- know how to avoid the "riven economy" trap

• concentrating on rivens too much before already experiencing most of what the game has to offer will hold you back - don't delay enjoying the game because you lack a godly vectis riven or a fancy statstick! some players failed in this regard and their experience in the game has been terrible, they farmed kuva inefficiently and got nothing, while not pursuing any other rewarding activities the game has to offer! this is the only way to truly fail in warframe

- don't roll rivens for selling in order to make the plat you need (slots, cosmetics etc.), other ways of making a "living wage" in warframe are much better and more reliable

- don't roll unrolled rivens that are currently selling well, just sell them

• from selling several expensive unrolled rivens you will have a 100% chance at being able to buy one good riven, that you certainly would have had less than 1% chance of rolling yourself... duh!

- roll only rivens for weapons you like (up to 9 rolls), that have cheap unrolled rivens, so you're at no loss after trashrolling the riven, which is practically guaranteed to happen (no loss really, when you see riven rolling as a minor side activity which it is meant to be)

- roll only if you have the weapon you like fully forma'd and functional (meaning you are certain that you like it)

- roll only if you know how not to "build around a riven", but to make a riven fit seamlessly in an already well-rounded build: a riven is just a brick in the wall, like any other mod

- roll only if you know the riven system very well, which standard mods are best replaced with a riven (not the dual stat mods for example), which stats are the best in each weapon category, and why (for example why critical damage isn't so good on pistol rivens)

- diversify your taste in weapons and search for good rivens for 30+ weapons at the same time, go to sites and read chat, and you will see good deals from time to time

• focusing on one specific roll for once weapon at a time is a massive waste of time and opportunity - you will have missed today a great deal for something you will certainly want to buy tomorrow, while not even finding what you were looking for (fail)

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

"Never use trade chat" isn't really good advice in my opinion. The proper advice would be to learn how to use trade chat specifically for Riven Mods. You can build a collection of Riven Mods without rolling anything if you understand trading. It's also much more efficient time-wise to trade for Platinum and buy a Riven than it is to try and roll for a good roll. Sure it may not be "cheap" in Platinum, but it's cheaper in time almost everytime if you are chasing the best rolls.

This guys gets it. Trade chat is your friend. Spend enough time there, and you’ll not only make plat, but you’ll see rivens pop up that would sell for thousands if a riven trader had them. I’ve amassed quite the collection of high tier rolls, and rarely ever spent more than 400p. 

1 hour ago, Traubenzuckr said:

it's bad advice, don't listen to it

It's not bad advice.  Its almost exactly what I've been doing for years.  I have close to a ~85 rivens, half of which are good to great-ish and for desirable weapons.  That's not counting those that I've sold.

Spent 300p on rivens and that was before I started doing what was posted.  Bought a Vectis for 100 and Rubico for 200, both high rolls but they served me well in eidolons.  I've since made thousands of plat selling good rivens for weapons I don't like, with essentially no kuva grind in the last year+. 

Might be bad advice from the perspective of the riven hawks in trade chat looking to make a killing on people that don't know what they are doing, I'll give you that.  Is it the best method?  Don't know, don't care.  It's provided me with rivens for meta weapons and far more plat than I ever made selling rare mods or primed parts, and I only have to engage with the horrible trade system once every few weeks instead of dozens times a day.  It's a win in my book

On 2020-09-18 at 9:55 PM, (PS4)segulibanez65 said:

I'll do what I want.

BEST ADVICE EVER

your rivens are most probably garbage

that's the only way to explain how you would be bragging about having "~85 rivens"

imagine having 85 rivens

edit: half of which are good implying the other half is just trash rolls

🤪

2 hours ago, (PS4)segulibanez65 said:

I've been doing this for a long time, and you don't get "god-rolls" doing it.  Well you could, but they are still exceedingly rare.  I've had a few really good rolls that work well with the weapon, like a Pandero with +cc +ms -recoil,  meaning the alt had virtually no recoil, 140% cc and 3.4 MS.  But its still not a god-roll or even an expensive riven.  Probably the best I've ever personally rolled was a Kronen that had +cc +cd +infested dam and an innocent negative that I can't remember.  It WAS a high plat riven 6mo ago, but far from the highest since cc is not great on kronen.  +dam +atk speed +reach would all probably be better.  Not to mention the infested damage...

Its a solid method of rolling rivens, but not really a secret.  Its the only logical way there is as far as I can tell. 

Pandero with +cc +ms -recoil (no negative)? bad riven, no negative, and there is exilus slot for -recoil; also pistol rivens must have +damage to be really good

you don't know what a good riven is

"140% cc" means you are stacking critical chance

that isn't done on almost any secondary weapon, and is only becomes an option with a perfect riven

so you don't even know how to build weapons

kronen +cc +cd +infested -free is pretty terrible, and costs only a little more than unrolled kronen

so these are the results of your riven rolling that you take as an example of your success using what op recommends

no, this is evidence of failure

22 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

Pandero with +cc +ms -recoil (no negative)? bad riven, no negative, and there is exilus slot for -recoil; also pistol rivens must have +damage to be really good

you don't know what a good riven is

"140% cc" means you are stacking critical chance

that isn't done on almost any secondary weapon, and is only becomes an option with a perfect riven

so you don't even know how to build weapons

kronen +cc +cd +infested -free is pretty terrible, and costs only a little more than unrolled kronen

so these are the results of your riven rolling that you take as an example of your success using what op recommends

no, this is evidence of failure

Already said it once, but just in case you forgot:  I DO NOT CARE

Never said this gives you the best rivens.  I said it gives you rivens and the easiest source of plat in the entire game without having to do any extra kuva-grinding at all.  Even pointed out the problems with those that I listed, so I really don't know what you're on about.  If someone wanted better rivens they can put in the time to grind kuva and roll them.  "Problem" solved.

Or... and hear me out:  you could just not care.  For one thing its a video game, so there's that...  A video game that is not hard by any means containing no  content where one needs a riven, especially if you play in a group.  So if one can solo the game, acquire absolutely everything needed for gear-checks, and have all the plat one could possibly use, why put in any more effort?  To have even more plat that you aren't using, or to get a 7% higher damage tick on an enemy that dies in one hit?  Sometimes good is more than enough.  This is one of those times.

Keep doing whatever it is you do (didn't read it, as I don't care) and I'll keep doing my method, which requires no work and leads to the exact same destination:  burnout, boredom, and *@##$ing about video games online.  (So alliterate, I know...)

Rivens are toys that you play with and make plat off of, nothing more. 

eh, I remember doing this calculation before for specific rolls.

In this case, I will define my "god riven" as 3 positives from (dmg multi, cc, cd) with -imp as the negative (since that is wildly considered a groll on most weapons

Using the maximum statlines (ie, 24 positives, 19 negatives), and assuming 2+, 2+1-, 3+, 3+1- all have equal chances (ie, 25% each), then there is

24 combinations of our godroll (4P3), out of (19*23*22*21) possible roll combinations, as we also have the 1/4 probability to get it being a 3+1-

the probability of obtaining the god roll is 0.000029719

and so the probability of a roll not being said groll is 1-0.000029719  = 0.999970281

the probability of not arriving this roll by Nth roll is then (0.999970281)^n

Plotting this curve, we can determine the following, we can calculate that

there is a 50% probability we would have reached our desired roll before 23324 rerolls, in other words there is 50% probability you wouldn't have obtained the reroll by reroll 23324

to get the reroll at 90% probability, you would need 77478 rerolls

99% probability at 154955 rerolls

99.99% probability at 309910 rerolls

the cost of a reroll caps at reroll 10, so lets say you reroll your riven 10 times, then discard it (sell it, endo it, transmute it, whatever) and repeat, the kuva costs of the first 10 reroll is 19950

putting our rough estimation of the kuva required to be roughly

50% -> 46,531,380

90% -> 154,568,610

99% -> 309,135,225

99.99% -> 618,270,450

So how long will it take to get that much kuva? Using the rate of 255 steel essence per 2 hours (accounting for boosters, smeeta, 255 should be way above the typical run already)

15 essence -> 10k kuva

2 hours will net you -> 170k kuva, putting our net at 85k per hour

and so, the amount of time it will take you to achieve the desired godroll at the percentiles will be

50% -> 547.42 hours

90% -> 1818.45 hours

99% -> 3636.88 hours

99.99% -> 7273.76 hours

Lets just use the smallest value, 547 hours, even if you work with just the minimum wage (which is like $11-16 in canada depending on province), using the value of $11 per hour, 207CA for 4300 plat (on their website without accounting for plat discounts), you would have obtained 125k plat in that amount of time, which is way more enough to buy you 1 of a roll

This doesn't even account for the fact that doing these long camping runs over and over is probably going to burn you out extremely quickly. Not to mention, having to obtain a riven, roll it 10 times, get a new one... etc is a massive hassle. If one were to hold onto the riven and continue rerolling at the capped cost of 3500 kuva, each 10 rerolls would cost 35000, meaning the time spent will have to be increased by (35000/19950) - 1 = 1.7543859, so a 75.4% increase.

Conclusion? if you consider opportunity costs, it is most certainly not worth it to reroll rivens.

24 minutes ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

Lets just use the smallest value, 547 hours, even if you work with just the minimum wage (which is like $11-16 in canada depending on province), using the value of $11 per hour, 207CA for 4300 plat (on their website without accounting for plat discounts), you would have obtained 125k plat in that amount of time, which is way more enough to buy you 1 of a roll

This doesn't even account for the fact that doing these long camping runs over and over is probably going to burn you out extremely quickly. Not to mention, having to obtain a riven, roll it 10 times, get a new one... etc is a massive hassle. If one were to hold onto the riven and continue rerolling at the capped cost of 3500 kuva, each 10 rerolls would cost 35000, meaning the time spent will have to be increased by (35000/19950) - 1 = 1.7543859, so a 75.4% increase.

Conclusion? if you consider opportunity costs, it is most certainly not worth it to reroll rivens.

I feel like everyone is ignoring the first statement I made in my post on purpose. Hopefully this can help you earn rivens wile just playing the game. Nothing requires long farming to be effective except steel path. Sorties are usually quick and easy missions which require zero to no effort. Arbitrations can go on as long as you want with most people leaving after 30 mins. None of these things are outside normal gameplay can be done just playing the game. Yeah you can farm steel essence if you really need it now but why???? why are you people acting like if you do this than you must get the most perfect riven out in existence. Just get one good enough so you can fit some more mods on you normally wouldn't. You don't need a perfect build. You can already kill everything with almost weapon as is. Rivens to me are just to add some extra power into a gun I already like. Sometimes I even get a riven for a weapon I normally wouldn't use and realize how great it actually is. Just have fun with the game. If you want to grind your life away trying to get a perfect riven. That's on you. But don't exaggerate and lie by making this false dichotomy of either spend a million years farming or spend plat. That just dumb and ignorant to how people already play the game. The game is nothing but kill and defense missions. At least in sorties, arbitrations and steel path you get something extra while already playing the game like how you normally would. 

Archived