Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to get a good riven for Cheap

Brosef42

7 hours ago, Traubenzuckr said:

Pandero with +cc +ms -recoil (no negative)? bad riven, no negative, and there is exilus slot for -recoil; also pistol rivens must have +damage to be really good

you don't know what a good riven is

"140% cc" means you are stacking critical chance

that isn't done on almost any secondary weapon, and is only becomes an option with a perfect riven

so you don't even know how to build weapons

kronen +cc +cd +infested -free is pretty terrible, and costs only a little more than unrolled kronen

Wait... I just skimmed this when I replied before, but there are some seriously wrong statements in here.

These are the results of unveils up to maybe 10k kuva, so like 6 rolls tops.  I never go and farm just so I can roll a riven, and often I'm rolling 3-4 at once, so 5 is the most they're going to get in almost all situations.

With that out of the way, of course I'm stacking cc, why wouldn't I?  Are you thinking of status... from 9mo ago?  140% cc means you're guaranteeing all shots yellow crit, with a 40% chance of moving into orange.  That is roughly double the damage of a normal crit (seems to be +90% to +110% depending on the enemy)  Add with that a 3.3 multishot, and you're dumping about 30 rounds on average with Pandero's alt-fire, each with a 40% chance of orange crit.  That is a substantial step-up in damage.  Just went to Steel Path, Earth, Elite Drekkar Lancer level 102, still has full armor, headshots: 308dm yellow crit 590dm orange crit, and the orange is procc'ing so often that its pretty much a coin flip if the shots bump up to the next CD tier.  This without sharpened bullets or any other cc/cd mods, and taking elements off to get as clean of a result as possible.

Edit:  To your point about negative recoil and the exilus slot.  I unveiled this well over a year ago, and we haven't had that slot for a year at this point.  So negative recoil for the alt fire on Pandero, at that time, was a great utility gain, especially since it is 96% reduction.

Now if it were giving me 109%cc, at that point there are vastly better options, as you're only looking at a 9% orange crit chance.  40% on a very high fire rate weapon is nothing to scoff at.  God-roll?  Hell no.  If CD were on there as well, maybe then. But a bad riven?  Only if one is throwing logic out the window to try to win an argument.  And again, this is from 5 rolls with pandero.  No trade chat, no kuva grind, no plat spent.  Given the odds that Leyer_of_facade just posted, I'd say that is pretty damned good.

Also, I did a little perusing over at Semlar's.  Guess what the 2 highest stats are for kronen rivens: CC (which surprised me as I was critical of it in my original post due to kronen being great at combo builds with Blood Rush) and the #1 is CD!  But yeah, its basically junk worth no more than an unveiled, right? lol  Oh, and it has 4 rolls.  Plus, this was unveiled when Kronen P still had 5/5 dispo, and that was why this is the best I've rolled.  Not because of the stats, but because it has pretty good stats on the hands-down most sought-after riven at the time.  Still wasn't a god-roll, but I was seeing similar kronen rivens going for nearly 2k plat.  Even if the person didn't want cc/cd, it only had 4 rolls, so it was still close to unrolled value.  It was a quite expensive riven, in spite of it not being perfect.

So I'll ask the question:  Do YOU know how to build?  Either you do not, or you were lying through you're teeth trying to justify why those are bad rivens/to win an argument.

8 hours ago, Traubenzuckr said:

tl;dr guy rants about his bad rivens

reams of similar content on the internet

at least this isn't players helping players so people mostly don't open this thread actively seeking advice

Where's you're argument now, Einstein.  Please tell me again how stacking cc on high fire rate weapons is bad!  How CD is bad on Kronen, lol.

All you had to do was NOT be a d-bag when you started in and you wouldn't look like a fool.  Lesson learned.

Have a wonderful day! XOXO

32 minutes ago, (PS4)segulibanez65 said:

Where's you're argument now, Einstein.  Please tell me again how stacking cc on high fire rate weapons is bad!  How CD is bad on Kronen, lol.

All you had to do was NOT be a d-bag when you started in and you wouldn't look like a fool.  Lesson learned.

i see you are finished giving false advice here so i have no incentive to read how you praise your bad rivens

10 hours ago, (PS4)segulibanez65 said:

Here's the thing with the kronen, the most effective build is extremely tight. What that means is you're best off using a riven that can blend seamlessly into the build while improving the stats. So things like Cold or toxin status damage are ideal, crit chance is always nice, crit dmg is ok but really you want attack speed, combo duration and maybe slash dmg. The reason for this is you already have high enough crit chance with Sacrificial Steel and all that crit dmg will do is increase the red number. But they're going to die from slash procs anyway, infact while you do still want viral damage, the lower the chance of viral procs, the faster you'll kill them with slash instead. So I'd say a god roll would be cold status %, attack speed and crit chance or combo duration/initial combo etc with a curse negative like -range or minus to heavy attacks. Having these things allows you to drop drifting contact, diversify from using Naramon focus etc. So there's your explanation, hope it helps.

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Here's the thing with the kronen, the most effective build is extremely tight. What that means is you're best off using a riven that can blend seamlessly into the build while improving the stats. So things like Cold or toxin status damage are ideal, crit chance is always nice, crit dmg is ok but really you want attack speed, combo duration and maybe slash dmg. The reason for this is you already have high enough crit chance with Sacrificial Steel and all that crit dmg will do is increase the red number. But they're going to die from slash procs anyway, infact while you do still want viral damage, the lower the chance of viral procs, the faster you'll kill them with slash instead. So I'd say a god roll would be cold status %, attack speed and crit chance or combo duration/initial combo etc with a curse negative like -range or minus to heavy attacks. Having these things allows you to drop drifting contact, diversify from using Naramon focus etc. So there's your explanation, hope it helps.

Oh, for sure.  Although CD is still highly desired as you're putting out alot of crits on a BR/combo Kronen build.  But yeah, an extra 60-90% (not sure what kronen riven element's numerical values are these days) to add to your viral or corrosive is a lot more damage to build those crits upon, and is probably going to open up an extra slot easier than cc/cd.  Personally, I'd love to have one with attack speed, reach, and toxin whether it was considered "meta" or not.  Combo duration is meh for me as I run naramon almost constantly, but for those that don't I can see why one would want it in order to drop body count, drifting, et al like you said.

Kronen builds or optimal Kronen rivens was not what was being discussed, however. (at least by myself)  It was purely about it being a valuable riven at the time when it was unveiled and rolled, which was before the first dispo nerf the kronen suffered.  The optimal (if one really wants the absolute statistical best, even if it makes no practical difference) is often not the most demanded on the market for whatever reason.  I guess people just get used to cc/cd on melee and carry that over to weapons where they are not the most helpful, as reflected by Semlar's stats. 

This whole thread became greatly derailed and is just a mess at this point, lol.  Apologies for my part in said derailment...

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Leyers_of_facade:

eh, I remember doing this calculation before for specific rolls.

[...]

(removed the calculation from the quote)

I have to admit, i didnt do the whole math myself to check it 😉

But the tendency of your calculation is definetly accurate, so thanks for adding some numbers to it 👍

Archived