Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No need to level Helminth anymore. Bye Marked For Death

(XBOX)Kebiru25

Bringing viable AoE clear to other frames was the one thing we needed: excuse to play the frames we like and still progress normal content.

Arbitration and Rivens, for example, were made with the intention of promoting players to use different equipment than just the meta.

It's a huge step backward in the Helminth Subsumption system to nerf abilities that work as creative niches or as widely useful builds to make weak frames viable in regular content.

On 9/18/2020 at 5:01 PM, KlaussKlauss said:

Yea dude, we did it for you. We grinded it for the hype-nerf roller-coaster ride.

Now it's you turn to go on next hype-train: Trashcan Simulator (Necra-meh).

Spoiler: Nerf incoming!

Good morning. The nerf has already happened. Nobody mourns this because it was a bugfix.

5 hours ago, (XB1)Kebiru25 said:

What's a good non subsumed ability?

Energy ammo are good. Its 100%. Infected speed and autohack are very situational but also good. I haven't watched the last ability, so I can't tell if it's good or bad. But for the most part, these abilities are good.

1 hour ago, selig_fay said:

Energy ammo are good. Its 100%. Infected speed and autohack are very situational but also good. I haven't watched the last ability, so I can't tell if it's good or bad. But for the most part, these abilities are good.

lmao "watched" - youtuber groupie detected

Autohack is much worse than cyphers. Maybe if you are somehow "differently abled" or drunk/high you might need it in Sorties. 

How about naming me 5 relevant weapons for which Energy ammo is actually useful. I will wait. 

Yes, Infected Speed is good ... for memes. My Volt and Gauss have it. It's great, I hope I don't get pulled over by the Fun Police, as it happened with Marked for Nerf. 

1 hour ago, KlaussKlauss said:

How about naming me 5 relevant weapons for which Energy ammo is actually useful. I will wait. 

Don't think in weapons, think in frames. Wisp and particularly Gauss can massively push any weapon's fire rate. Take a full-auto gun, slap on Redline for +~150% firerate, and spam away without having to reload. I ran this with Trumna to great effect and I'll bet it works on Acceltra too. And it probably synergises with Soma's new mod!

Energise is also a solid pick. If you have the energy, it's +50% strength, which is more than intensify.

8 hours ago, (XB1)Kebiru25 said:

What's a good non subsumed ability?

IMO the other two great abilities are empower and infested mobility.  Rebuild shields would also be a notable one to grab if you don't have hyldrin to subsume for pillage.

The only two bad ones are masters summons and the auto hack.  The rest (suffering, and munitions) are okay ideas that could fit into some frames but really need to do more considering they're an ability.  Like, I could see Saryn or Garuda taking suffering if it wasn't limited to a cone and instead just simply worked on anyone in an AoE around them.  Heck maybe even ember.  Munitions would need to give you 100% uptime like a bottomless clip.  And maybe an extra oomph like a RoF boost.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

That's your choice. Don't participate in the content because of 1 ability. Totally your choice. Next time don't depend on youtubers to tell you how to play the game

You should never let YouTubers tell you how to play the game. But they are perfect for giving you info that DE can't cram into flavor text. I don't have time to waste looking this stuff up day in day out. They do. 

14 hours ago, KlaussKlauss said:

Autohack is much worse than cyphers. Maybe if you are somehow "differently abled" or drunk/high you might need it in Sorties. 

Yes, Infected Speed is good ... for memes. My Volt and Gauss have it. It's great, I hope I don't get pulled over by the Fun Police, as it happened with Marked for Nerf.

Yup. All of this. Especially Infected Speed. If you wanted to give us a copy of Volt's Speed, it would have been better to give us his Speed instead of Shock.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Kebiru25 said:

Yup. All of this. Especially Infected Speed. If you wanted to give us a copy of Volt's Speed, it would have been better to give us his Speed instead of Shock.

It doesn't matter, everything I've described is helpful. You can deny it all you want, but it's true.

On the other hand, shock is a damage boost with an augment, which also has a niche against an eidolon without armor. Plus, the shock has every chance of being changed in the future.

18 hours ago, KlaussKlauss said:

How about naming me 5 relevant weapons for which Energy ammo is actually useful. I will wait

All archgans. They are all to some extent useful. But, of course, people are more fond of lacspur, imperator, gretler and both new archguns, the name of which I have not remembered yet. I think it's already five. The dispenser is an alternative, but considering that heavy ammo have a good drop and 100% refill unlike a dispenser, this is a choice.

On the other hand, if we are talking about normal weapons, then literally all ammo eaters benefit from this, because the dispenser and mutator do not work well for them. Kohm, Supra is a living example of this.

We also have weapons with low ammo count. Kuva bramma and pox. 

We also have weapons with low ammo count in the store. Brakk snd kuva seer. Kuva ogris is my favorite here. And the funny thing is that people don't even understand how strong it is.

Well, we have some synergy. I know this is a bad mod, but it's still a thing and may be good after some buffs. 

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Synth_Charge

Another cry baby topic. Interesting.

5 hours ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

The way I see it, Helminth should never have had a level up system to start with. Imagine needing to level up your foundry before it can make certain things.

Are you trolling? That's how the entire orbiter works. They are called "Segments". You just got confused because the expending of resources is now called an experience bar and not a progress bar?

On 2020-09-22 at 5:48 AM, KlaussKlauss said:

Grakata(twin, prisma, doesn't matter, rocks with Grakata)

Kohm

Kohmak(+twin)

Kuva Kohm(+regular kohm)

Kuva Karak(+variants)

Kuva Ogris(regular not so much, charge time is too slow)

Hek/VayHek

Rubico(and prime)

And lots, lots more.  Basically, any weapon with a very high fire rate or very low magazine size now has double the burst time before needing a reload.  Bonus points to weapons like the Grakata and Kohm that'll chew through their ammo supply like it's infinite, and are very good weapons, but aren't often used because their ammo supply is not, in fact, infinite---it is with energize weapons.

As far as what frames to put it on?  Frames that don't utilize their abilities for burst damage and instead rely heavily on their weapons for it.

8 hours ago, Thrymm said:

Grakata(twin, prisma, doesn't matter, rocks with Grakata)

Kohm

Kohmak(+twin)

Kuva Kohm(+regular kohm)

Kuva Karak(+variants)

Kuva Ogris(regular not so much, charge time is too slow)

Hek/VayHek

Rubico(and prime)

And lots, lots more.  Basically, any weapon with a very high fire rate or very low magazine size now has double the burst time before needing a reload.  Bonus points to weapons like the Grakata and Kohm that'll chew through their ammo supply like it's infinite, and are very good weapons, but aren't often used because their ammo supply is not, in fact, infinite---it is with energize weapons.

As far as what frames to put it on?  Frames that don't utilize their abilities for burst damage and instead rely heavily on their weapons for it.

Some more with special interactions. 
Hata-Satya  Soma prime - Increased crit until magazine changes
Razorwing blitz dex pixia- benefits particularly from increased ammo due to its insane fire rate
Ocucor - Increased multishot until clip is changed
Panmdero-  increased use of full clip shot
Angstrum- Increased full clip shot
Tigris- Increased use of full clip shot
Azima- Increased trap duration
Athodai- Should work but was either individually nerfed or bugged. 

It sucks that it doesn't go to 100% though given its low duration because that would add extra synergies such as:
Synth Charge -Increase the number of hits the damage bonus applies to 

The frames you would put energised munitions on:
Mirage- Weapon damage buffer  which can take advantage of the buff it gives to unique aoe mechanics such as that of the angstrum
Titania- Razor wing blitz build 

I hope you are not one of those people who is constantly crying about the game being too easy, and having no content, because 2 button nuke (Marked for death) is exactly the kind of stuff that makes you consume content fast and/or obscure difficulty level. 

Edit: Almost forgot. If any of you lack imagination to find use for other core helminth abilities check out Youtube. I didn't think Energize Munition was good, but I was proved wrong the moment I looked up the name. I've seen a use for every ability appart from Expedite suffering (It was impossible to get it without rushing frames at that point, so I assume that is comming too). 

On 2020-09-18 at 3:03 PM, Rinleric said:

What it does mean, however, is that DE is once again refusing to let players keep things that ultimately don't hurt any other part of the game.

You do know there are people who hate nuke frames, right? Like, some people play this horde shooter game to shoot at hordes, but can't do that when someone shows up and presses one button to remove that aspect from Warframe. Giving a Fatal Teleport Ash high range so he could go around 1shotting entire rooms puts him on a level of nuke that Saryn or Mesa could never hope to reach.

2 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

You do know there are people who hate nuke frames, right? Like, some people play this horde shooter game to shoot at hordes, but can't do that when someone shows up and presses one button to remove that aspect from Warframe. Giving a Fatal Teleport Ash high range so he could go around 1shotting entire rooms puts him on a level of nuke that Saryn or Mesa could never hope to reach.

I'm more or less biding my time until the update hits to see if they fixed the ability, but I feel the need to correct something blatantly incorrect and foolish due to the quote.

Ash was never able to oneshot entire rooms. Even the most efficient player was unable to outdo mesa or saryn in kills. Damage numbers literally do not matter whatsoever, in most cases at least, kills do. Maybe if the mesa or saryn was complete garbage, an ash could outdo them. Otherwise, they could not. The range on the ability was ass to start with, and unless you're building max range, which effectively nerfs ash's stats hard enough that it wasn't worth it, you would only kill a small amount of mobs. Not to mention, any LoS would break that damage. Even elevation. So don't go around spreading false information, I thoroughly tested the skill. It was only exceptional in simulacrum, and that does NOT equal its performance in missions.

On 2020-09-18 at 2:21 PM, Loza03 said:

For one, power-levelling the Helminth is kind of pointless anyway

my helminth It isn't max and I don't need it to be, I subsumed a handful of frames I wanted the abilities from (well easily obtainable ones) started injecting my other configs with stuff, threw a few frames in when I earned the primes, its mostly leveled itself

Archived