Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I will be honest, I like piloting the Necramech. It's pretty fun and I think with a few more tweaks they could really shine. 

Necramech Melee weapons- dude needs some variety. I think it would rock to have a big hammer to smoosh enemies. Other weapons would be cool too, he just needs more than a slap attack. Any cool melee weapon ideas you want?

Necramech Ranged weapons- so far I still have the starter gun so I haven't tried the flamethrower(?) thing, what kind of weapons would you like to see?

One other cool thing about Necramechs is that they make Thumper fights in PoE super easy. When the Thumper uses its shockwaves you are immune to the knockdown allowing easy aiming at the weak points.

So how do y'all feel about them- good, no good?

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, (PS4)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

Necramech Melee weapons- dude needs some variety. I think it would rock to have a big hammer to smoosh enemies. Other weapons would be cool too, he just needs more than a slap attack. Any cool melee weapon ideas you want?

Not being able to use the Archmelee weapons is sad, especially when they have +Melee enhancement mods. Let us run around rocking the giant swords!

 

Centaur would be pretty awesome to smoosh enemies with.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Shield gating. They need to have that. No question about it.

Other than that they should be either modular or De should rework the mods and mod slots on them. The way moding works on them is unfinished or just not well thought out.

Energy regeneration would be also welcome and some way to heal them.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Other than that they should be either modular or De should rework the mods and mod slots on them. The way moding works on them is unfinished or just not well thought out.

They definitely need to work with Companion mods for things like Enemy Sense and Loot Radar

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest it remind me a little about armored core, it feel incredibly good to pilot those heavy mecha and i wouldn't mind that this game be renamed "Necramech" and become centered around it  ;3

"in serious need of a new armored core on pc"

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Necramech finally gave me a reason to want and go master all my arch weapons.

 

It feels powerful yet vulnerable however the only thing I find myself wanting is some kind of loot pick up range mod for it as the hitbox on the necramech is small you basically need to squat over things to pick them up or take time to transfer back to your warframe to have your companion do it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like them, and the Mausolon that it came with is hands down the best Archgun I've ever used.

But DE did a stupid and made the mods obtusely rare and also forgot that Vacuum is a thing that it really needs.

Overall the concept works well enough, and as soon as they fix the Excalibur Umbra glitch where you can wind up stuck unable to move when trying to return to Umbra from the mech I'll see myself using it much more because pulling a reverse Titanfall is one of the coolest things the game has done so far.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't bother with the other weapon, the thing is terrible compared to the mausolon...

I wish we could customize the new archguns too, as a side note.

At least y'all on PC have working mechs, us on console are stuck with a still broken mess. Can't wait to take them into normal missions when that's added though. How badly can we possibly overkill the Sergeant...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Shield gating. They need to have that. No question about it.

I was wondering that too. So I wasn't just seeing things

2 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Energy regeneration would be also welcome and some way to heal them.

That too

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

I was wondering that too. So I wasn't just seeing things

That too

Yep. De for whatever reason took out what players have been asking for years. Thank god! Otherwise maybe the Necramech would have came out a lot better. And no one would want that.

A fully functional Necramech? Sounds like the stupidest thing am I right?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Yep. De for whatever reason took out what players have been asking for years. Thank god! Otherwise maybe the Necramech would have came out a lot better. And no one would want that.

A fully functional Necramech? Sounds like the stupidest thing am I right?

Well Necramechs are just proto-warframes, plus we already have an Iron Skin like ability, on top of 4K health. & even if your mech dies, it's not like it's gone forever, you can just wait 3min. So I can at least forgive no shield gating

Energy tho is another subject. Sure glad I bought Necramech Streamline for almost nothing, I remember it was a pain to get energy sometimes

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Well Necramechs are just proto-warframes, plus we already have an Iron Skin like ability, on top of 4K health. & even if your mech dies, it's not like it's gone forever, you can just wait 3min. So I can at least forgive no shield gating

Energy tho is another subject. Sure glad I bought Necramech Streamline for almost nothing, I remember it was a pain to get energy sometimes

The Iron Skin ability isn't honestly all that great in my experience, maybe if there was some kind of synergy between it and other abilities like "enemies hit by Necraweb restore x% Storm Shroud" to make it stand out and act as a form of pseudo-healing for the Mech as long as you stayed on top of it, I'd be a bit more interested.

That would of course mean Necraweb would need a buff so that it actually scaled and dealt some damage at decent levels, same goes for Gravemines, and Guard Mode stating that it offers "increased structural integrity" when it does no such thing is just kind of ... odd, I'd have to say.

For the Energy issues themselves, maybe we should have it so the Mech is just an altered Entrati weapon Alt-Fire. Get kills with the mech to gain Energy for your abilities, but the Energy gained is quite small and you'll still need to rely on Energy Orb drops to help you out.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

The Iron Skin ability isn't honestly all that great in my experience, maybe if there was some kind of synergy between it and other abilities like "enemies hit by Necraweb restore x% Storm Shroud" to make it stand out and act as a form of pseudo-healing for the Mech as long as you stayed on top of it, I'd be a bit more interested.

It works just like Iron Skin, you need to take a maximum amount of damage in the first 3s to get a max of armor

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

It works just like Iron Skin, you need to take a maximum amount of damage in the first 3s to get a max of armor

I know, and like regular Iron Skin without its Augments it doesn't get very far as levels rise unless you find some cheap way to make it rise exponentially. It has no multiplier from Armor, it can't be buffed through Arcanes, the list goes on.

It may work like Iron Skin, but it is hot garbage by comparison.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

I know, and like regular Iron Skin without its Augments it doesn't get very far as levels rise unless you find some cheap way to make it rise exponentially. It has no multiplier from Armor, it can't be buffed through Arcanes, the list goes on.

It may work like Iron Skin, but it is hot garbage by comparison.

Dunno what you mean, I can survive & kill no problem in the Steel Path bounties

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Well Necramechs are just proto-warframes, plus we already have an Iron Skin like ability, on top of 4K health. & even if your mech dies, it's not like it's gone forever, you can just wait 3min. So I can at least forgive no shield gating

Energy tho is another subject. Sure glad I bought Necramech Streamline for almost nothing, I remember it was a pain to get energy sometimes

Well my problem is that the Reflective shield doesn't have the damage absorbtion multiplier which means that the enemy takes down the shield really fast and it immediately start to eat your shield or health. Now with shield gating the enemy wouldn't be able to get to your health as fast but without it, It's like you don't even have shields at all.

Plus enemies have shield gating. A weak type of shield gating but they do have it. And if they have it I find it hard to beleive the Necramechs couldn't have it.

Tho if the Reflective shield would be a proper iron skin this would be less of a problem. Because then I could rely on that ability to defend myself. But the lack of both the absorbtion multiplier and shield gating makes the mech feel really weak. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Well my problem is that the Reflective shield doesn't have the damage absorbtion multiplier which means that the enemy takes down the shield really fast and it immediately start to eat your shield or health. Now with shield gating the enemy wouldn't be able to get to your health as fast but without it, It's like you don't even have shields at all.

Plus enemies have shield gating. A weak type of shield gating but they do have it. And if they have it I find it hard to beleive the Necramechs couldn't have it.

Tho if the Reflective shield would be a proper iron skin this would be less of a problem. Because then I could rely on that ability to defend myself. But the lack of both the absorbtion multiplier and shield gating makes the mech feel really weak. 

The answers I provided above apply to your statements

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-09-18 at 5:15 PM, (PS4)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

So how do y'all feel about them- good, no good?

I like the mechs overall, they're fun! they could be even better though.

for melee weapons', all they would need to do is let us use Archmelee weapons. that big hammer you said you want? we have one, the Rathbone. I'd ove to be able to use the Knux and punch some people, this would be a huge boost to melee and even make melee Mech setups viable.

for ranged weapons  the Mausolon is very strong, the flamethrower is called the Cortege and that's a decent weapon too. I wouldn't mind seeing a launcher or Shotgun weapon for them too, we don't really have a dedicated Shotgun Archgun, and that would be nice IMO. there's just something about big shotguns that's fun.

other improvements that should be made (IMO)

- Necraweb should have far more range, and be an instant cast ability instead of having to throw a canister. this should really be the main CC of the Voidrig Necramech, but it's sub-par.

- Storm Shroud should scale better, or become a duration power that offers high damage reduction for an allotted time.

- Gravemines just need a damage buff.

- Guard Mode is fine as is, maybe let it do as the description states and give the mech a slight armour boost while active.

all of these, and Necramechs would be awesome. I look forward to the day that we can take them to normal missions, and basically trivialize any defense mission even harder lol

 

 

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish some of the other archguns where as good as Mausolon, and since we don't have melee yet it would have been nice to be able to equip two guns at the same time, ether dual wield "left mouse button for left arm, right for right arm" , but that might be to strong.

Anyways I really like the new mech, and am excited for the new one that is comming that they showed on stream & the addition of archmelee in the future :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...