Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grandma's "goods"

(XBOX)A Wasted Muffin

The grind for Grandma token's is atrocious. The tokens are hard to come by unless you have a lot of time for the game. I would like to propose a small recommendation. Allow players to buy the decorations with platinum when they come into store rotation. I'd rather pay with platinum than grind for hours to get a glyph. I don't see a problem with this as it just cosmetic items.

latest?cb=20200827014247

Meh, on the one hand I do think it is good to have some cosmetics, like syndicate syandana's, that you have to earn and cannot just buy with platinum. 

But, on the other hand, I don't see any real harm in those who want to skip the grind just buying them, and it would help DE get more money for development. 

Edit: A little confused as to why you have a megathread tag. 

45 minutes ago, (XB1)A Wasted Muffin said:

The grind for Grandma token's is atrocious. The tokens are hard to come by unless you have a lot of time for the game. I would like to propose a small recommendation. Allow players to buy the decorations with platinum when they come into store rotation. I'd rather pay with platinum than grind for hours to get a glyph. I don't see a problem with this as it just cosmetic items.

LOL wut?

Her tokens are hard to come by? They require a grind? 

They changed the system? Just run a few of the Iso Vault bounties, and you'll be pretty much guaranteed to get loot that is requested to Otak, Daughter, Father and even Loid. Grangran takes your now hyperabundant Mother, Daughter, Father and Otak tokens and turns them into Grangran tokens. If you really want Son tokens, just craft a new-companion level it to 30 and trade that in for 10, that's a guaranteed 5 Grangran tokens right there.

How much easier do you want them to make it, exactly?

I disagree with having grandma goods sold for plat. Instead, the time frame in between the restock of the family tokens, should be shorter. In addition, since mother, father and otak tokens are as o easy to get, son and daughter tokens would need another look. 

Since daughter tokens already kind of got addressed (more fish to farm) son tokens are kind of a problem to me, not in the way to get em, but more like, the animal tags are used to get tokens AND floofs. I would personally like to have another currency separated from the animal tags, to get son tokens.

Back to grandma, only thing I would like to see a considerable reduction in price,  is the seriglass shard. 20 is too much. 10 is more accessible.

34 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

I disagree with having grandma goods sold for plat. Instead, the time frame in between the restock of the family tokens, should be shorter. In addition, since mother, father and otak tokens are as o easy to get, son and daughter tokens would need another look. 

Since daughter tokens already kind of got addressed (more fish to farm) son tokens are kind of a problem to me, not in the way to get em, but more like, the animal tags are used to get tokens AND floofs. I would personally like to have another currency separated from the animal tags, to get son tokens.

Back to grandma, only thing I would like to see a considerable reduction in price,  is the seriglass shard. 20 is too much. 10 is more accessible.

Daughter tokens come from fish parts, not fish. Fish parts are a pretty abundadnt loot that drop during the bounties, and if you bother to do the towers scattered around the plains.

reducing her cost for Seriglass down to 10 would be nice. getting her tokens wasn't too bad, even avoiding Son Tokens and Daughter Tokens most of the time: just kept running bounties and mining, and handing in resources to Father. took me a few days each time, could've been even quicker with maybe 10 Granny tokens a day if I bothered with Conservation (screw that noise though).

10 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

reducing her cost for Seriglass down to 10 would be nice. getting her tokens wasn't too bad, even avoiding Son Tokens and Daughter Tokens most of the time: just kept running bounties and mining, and handing in resources to Father. took me a few days each time, could've been even quicker with maybe 10 Granny tokens a day if I bothered with Conservation (screw that noise though).

They probably will, eventually, but it's not something that seems to be needed right now. But why did you bother mining. I literally only did 2 nodes when the quest started, and never did it after because the minerals were raining down from the sky, along with the fish parts, and whatever it is that Father keeps asking for.

And honestly I've somehow managed to trip over a bunch of the weakened new-pets for Son so his tokens wouldn't really be an issue if I really wanted them in the first place.

15 grandma tokens for a single glyph is a too much. It's  a glyph. I should be allowed to skip the grind with some plat. Not everyone has the time to grind for resources 24/7. I'm normally on for about an hour a day. Son tokens are the ones that give me the most grief. Just getting your tags to match up is half the battle. Grandma tokens require multiple tokens from multiple family members.  Here is an example: 10 Otak Tokens 10 Daughter Tokens 10 Father Tokens 10 Mother Tokens and 2 Son tokens for just 5 Grandma tokens. A simple glyph costs 15 Grandma tokens. Its a little outrageous. On top of the token cost, You have to fight RNG and TIMEGATING to have the opportunity to by them. All I'm asking is to buy the glyphs for platinum.

On 2020-09-18 at 1:36 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

LOL wut?

Her tokens are hard to come by? They require a grind? 

They changed the system? Just run a few of the Iso Vault bounties, and you'll be pretty much guaranteed to get loot that is requested to Otak, Daughter, Father and even Loid. Grangran takes your now hyperabundant Mother, Daughter, Father and Otak tokens and turns them into Grangran tokens. If you really want Son tokens, just craft a new-companion level it to 30 and trade that in for 10, that's a guaranteed 5 Grangran tokens right there.

How much easier do you want them to make it, exactly?

The vaults actually don't drop very much. Only a couple biotic filters and assorted ores

You get way more resources mining and fishing manually. You get far, FAR more son tokens far faster power-leveling vulpa-pets to rank 30 and selling them back to Son. And you get more Mother tokens faster by doing every bounty except Iso Vaults

No, Iso vaults are best at grinding for Necramech reputation, not Grandmother tokens

46 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

The vaults actually don't drop very much. Only a couple biotic filters and assorted ores

You get way more resources mining and fishing manually. You get far, FAR more son tokens far faster power-leveling vulpa-pets to rank 30 and selling them back to Son. And you get more Mother tokens faster by doing every bounty except Iso Vaults

No, Iso vaults are best at grinding for Necramech reputation, not Grandmother tokens

Did you go ahead and activate the ubiquitous spoiler mode void towers as well, while doing the vaults? 

And I'm pretty sure you quoted me explaining about trading the new pets for tokens. I've picked up weakened tags during the iso vaults too, while knocking about on the surface. 

The way I see it, that's a potential win for Daughter, Father, Mother, Otak and Loid. So I'm pretty much guaranteed to win with Grangran one way or the other by doing them. 

I'm also not claiming that it's the very easiest way to get any of the tokens, or the very best way, but I'm sure that it is a way, and if someone successfully opens the 3x iso vaults a few times and still can't afford any Grangran tokens, then something is very wrong. 

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

That is incredibly inaccurate.

5 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Did you go ahead and activate the ubiquitous spoiler mode void towers as well, while doing the vaults? 

Yes

I still don't get very much in there. Maybe one or two gems and ores, maybe three or four biotic filters, a couple other fish parts, and about three extra Mother tokens on top of the eight you get for the bounty itself. In the time it takes me to listen to Loid talk, cook the snacks, wait three minutes for the second door to open, run to the vault, wait for the Necramechs to stop spamming Reflect Skin and kill themselves on my Octavia's Mallet, activate Loid, and wait for Loid to unlock the vault, I could easily farm everything in the vault except the Biotic Filters. If not twice as much

And hello @-CdG-Zilchy, I'm not leaving you out either

4 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Yes

I still don't get very much in there. Maybe one or two gems and ores, maybe three or four biotic filters, a couple other fish parts, and about three extra Mother tokens on top of the eight you get for the bounty itself. In the time it takes me to listen to Loid talk, cook the snacks, wait three minutes for the second door to open, run to the vault, wait for the Necramechs to stop spamming Reflect Skin and kill themselves on my Octavia's Mallet, activate Loid, and wait for Loid to unlock the vault, I could easily farm everything in the vault except the Biotic Filters. If not twice as much

And hello @-CdG-Zilchy, I'm not leaving you out either

I mean we used a proper setup for it, if you're doing solo I can understand it not working well. Ee used a Vauban and Nekros for maximum gains, give that a go.

38 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I mean we used a proper setup for it, if you're doing solo I can understand it not working well. Ee used a Vauban and Nekros for maximum gains, give that a go.

Ok I assume you're using the Pillars, not the Bonus Vaults, since Nekros doesn't work on crates

Those do work, when they're not bugged, which is half the time

Archived