Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the Best use for Umbra Forma?

Monthar

Question

10 answers to this question

Ideally, something that benefits from % increases to STR, HP, and armor so much that all three umbral mods are the best use you can make of three slots. Valkyr P and Inaros P all scale well with the full set, so they're easy choices. Saryn P doesn't need all three or have 700 base armor, but if you aren't wedded to the fairly weak healing provided by her augment (Magus arcanes actually keep you from dying while healing you) all three are pretty great on her, too. If you have a favorite frame that benefits from just two umbral mods and really needs the space because of other stuff like PSF hogging capacity, maybe still worth it.

A warframe which utilizes health, armour and strength works best as each mod when used together buff the set. You can put all 3 on any warframe for the boost, but warframes like Chroma who have a skillset based around armour and health is a great choice (He was my first). Although, I did also consider Rhino, Inaros and Frost.

But, in saying that you can still get quite a good benefit out of the strength and health mods alone. A maxed umbral intesify combined with umbral vitality equates to a maxed Transient Fortitude without the duration loss, and with the extra benefit of Tau Resistance. This is really beneficial on warframes that utilize both strength and duration but often sacrifice a little in one category when using corrupt mods. It can also free up a mod slot by not having to counter the negative of transient fortitude (Or can be stacked with it for extra strength). While also giving you a stronger version of vitality as an added benefit.

The only problem with using 3 of the umbral mods (Especially maxed) is the forma requirement. It can be quite an investment to aim for fitting all 3 without extra umbra forma(if at all possible for most builds), so you should look at your capacity with the umbral mods you will be using before using umbra forma to make sure you don't force yourself to use an incomplete build to be able to use the umbral forma.

I've found sacrificial mods are easier to work into builds without umbra forma compared to the warframe mods, so I would personally suggest using it on a warframe.

Warframes which you use often enough to justify investing so heavily into them to fit Umbral Mods more easily.
think of it as declaring a Warframe as one of your great loves or something like that.
it ultimately doesn't matter how much a Warframe you really like and use a lot benefits from Umbral Mods, every Warframe benefits some(except maybe Hildryn i guess), so if you use a Warframe enough, like a lot, then it's the sort of investment that makes sense for you to make.

it's not useful for Weapons currently, fitting Sacrificial Steel without a Polarity is not difficult, and Sacrificial Pressure is only useful vs Sentients.

Ok, so I just need to hold on to it until I've played more of the warframes before I decide. I do tend to play Revenant the most, but I also like Inaros P, Nova P, Xaku, Titania, and Ivara. I use my Nidus for making specters. In a day or so my Altas P, Titania P, Ivara P and Mesa P. will finish building.

Archived