Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will there be a nidus prime?

Mazrou

Every Warframe will have a Prime.  It's possible that Nidus Prime is completely different looking from regular Nidus, something to do with the superior Orokin design being able to encapsulate the Infestation better whereas the Tenno designs allowed for overgrowth.

On 2020-09-19 at 4:33 PM, Alphas said:

Every Warframe will have a Prime.  It's possible that Nidus Prime is completely different looking from regular Nidus, something to do with the superior Orokin design being able to encapsulate the Infestation better whereas the Tenno designs allowed for overgrowth.

Or even better, the unmutated nidus would be entirely orokin tech (golden white spikes for 1, orokin tileset trap sphere for larva with the knockdown pulse animation for enemies pulled in for 2, a little face drone with energy laser connecting to frame for 3, 4 summons meat wall material and tiny orokin cleaning drones in addition to bits of infestation) where only the 4 and stages of mutation stacks imply he might later have issues with getting infested.

I believe Nidus Prime isnt very far away either. Next summer perhaps.

If I remember right, its Nezha next (soon) then Octavia (winter) and Gara (spring next year) and most likely Nidus after that. Of course these are just estimates and most likely scenarios but DE could change the order. 

15 hours ago, xombob89 said:

I believe Nidus Prime isnt very far away either. Next summer perhaps.

If I remember right, its Nezha next (soon) then Octavia (winter) and Gara (spring next year) and most likely Nidus after that. Of course these are just estimates and most likely scenarios but DE could change the order. 

If DE were to skip over Nezha Prime we would get Nidus next.

Next prime has a high chance to be nidus prime imo because I feel they delayed nezha because he needs tweaking, if not definetly will be next year, I wonder how'll he'll look, his weapons and accessories, and if they'll dare to buff his automatic heal rate in the prime version. Tbh idc about nezha but I'll gladly wait for next year because nidus is my favorite frame. 

8 hours ago, (PS4)CallmeBraindead_ said:

Next prime has a high chance to be nidus prime imo because I feel they delayed nezha because he needs tweaking, if not definetly will be next year, I wonder how'll he'll look, his weapons and accessories, and if they'll dare to buff his automatic heal rate in the prime version. Tbh idc about nezha but I'll gladly wait for next year because nidus is my favorite frame. 

I see, you may be right. I would prefer nidus too because that means I can subsume my normal one faster (dont want to go through the hell of farming him again) 

On 2020-09-22 at 4:02 PM, Andele3025 said:

Or even better, the unmutated nidus would be entirely orokin tech (golden white spikes for 1, orokin tileset trap sphere for larva with the knockdown pulse animation for enemies pulled in for 2, a little face drone with energy laser connecting to frame for 3, 4 summons meat wall material and tiny orokin cleaning drones in addition to bits of infestation) where only the 4 and stages of mutation stacks imply he might later have issues with getting infested.

I picture Nidus Prime having armor that is cracked and his some infested coming out. Like he was the very first attempt of a warframe. He could even bare a resemblance to Excalibur Prime for all I know/care. But due to his mutation they basically locked him away until he was forgotten. 

I call him Derelict Nidus just cause. 

9 hours ago, (PS4)CallmeBraindead_ said:

I can double my teammate’s power strength with my build. With the right team I can increase it by 2.5x. During Fissures if I’m fissured I can quadruple my team’s power strength. Mine is strictly a team build. Imagine fissured Chroma with a vex armor of 13,000% Fury. 

if nidus prime happens i want his prime skin to open in the front not just at the back and by the legs like the standard

lets give people nightmares with how he looks he is infested so why cant he look horrific? like something out of an old monster horror movie

I'm hoping for a mostly shiny orokin style shell with hints of infestation underneath that opens to release tendrils, spores, gribbly bits and general horribleness as he levels up.

For bonus horror,  have the chest open to show something unpleasant wriggling , trying to escape.

1 hour ago, AltheusVI said:

I'm hoping for a mostly shiny orokin style shell with hints of infestation underneath that opens to release tendrils, spores, gribbly bits and general horribleness as he levels up.

For bonus horror,  have the chest open to show something unpleasant wriggling , trying to escape.

Even better, the golden gate generators from intro and void sabotage, only instead of glowing with energy, it writhes with technocyte and the infested bubs held by a energy colour laser sphere.

7 hours ago, xombob89 said:

I see, you may be right. I would prefer nidus too because that means I can subsume my normal one faster (dont want to go through the hell of farming him again) 

^^^^
waiting to do that for harrow and octavia too. ain't no way i'm going through nidus, harrow and octavia grind ever again

6 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Nidus Prime will be a thing, I'm guessing some kind of "Golden Disease/infected with gold" look will be his theme. curious what weapons he'd get, perhaps he'd get a unique Prime weapon like Dakra or Euphona Primes?

I think he'll be a completely different looking warframe that's completely adorned in Orokin splendor as Ballas was able to masterfully craft the infestation to make him completely clean and pristine, still with his current power set but, as a concept, relying heavily on the powers of the Helminth and Infestation.  It could be a neat bit of lore where the Tenno-made version of Nidus is all overgrown because our tech couldn't handle the technocyte and it would metastasize too rapidly to control very well without massive overgrowth.

8 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

I picture Nidus Prime having armor that is cracked and his some infested coming out. Like he was the very first attempt of a warframe. He could even bare a resemblance to Excalibur Prime for all I know/care. But due to his mutation they basically locked him away until he was forgotten. 

I call him Derelict Nidus just cause. 

I'm not sure where people keep getting that Nidus was the first Warframe or something, but that's not true. He wasn't some kind of prototype, he's just like every other Warframe, the only difference is his aesthetic because he uses Infestation to attack, so his looks reflect that. I imagine he'll bear a resemblance to the Orokin meat towers in Cetus.

The actual first Warframe was Excalibur.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

I'm not sure where people keep getting that Nidus was the first Warframe or something, but that's not true. He wasn't some kind of prototype, he's just like every other Warframe, the only difference is his aesthetic because he uses Infestation to attack, so his looks reflect that. I imagine he'll bear a resemblance to the Orokin meat towers in Cetus.

The actual first Warframe was Excalibur.

Maybe the first successful warframe. Ballas called Umbra subject nine and said he was a failure “like the others”. So for all we know, the very first attempt of a warframe could’ve been Nidus. But the infestation mutated and he had to be sealed away to prevent any spread. There is a lot DE hasn’t revealed. Like who the other “failures” are. 

When it comes to science I’ve noticed that they will call something the first when it is the first SUCCESSFUL attempt. Think planes and cars were successful on the very first attempt? But bet if you tried to look up the first vehicle or plane it will only show the ones that were successful. 

Excalibur could’ve just been the first successful attempt of a warframe THAT BALLAS CAN CONTROL. But even he mentioned how difficult it was to control them. Until the tenno came and “took away its pain”. Then there are new frames whose origins don’t match with the others at all. And we only hear their stories AFTER THE PRIME RELEASE. 

So my question is, why do people keep assuming Excalibur was the first attempt just cause it says he was the first OBVIOUSLY successful warframe? People don’t think about the first attempts, creators/inventors are usually only remembered by their first successes, not their “failures”. 

Archived