Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please stop doing X!

VanFanel1980mx

"Stop using __________!"

• Pull or Magnetize? because you are disrupting their kills one way or another.
  • Cataclysm? even if it is 8m wide on top of a capsule.
  • Molecular Prime? outside of Defense missions because chain reactions are credited to you.
  • Shadows of the Dead? because you confuse them even when you try to use visible colors and Shield of Shadows leashes.
  • Spores? because they die before they can hit the enemy.
  • Discharge? same as above plus you are stunning the enemies which is somehow a bad thing.
  • Strangledome? because enemies move too much while trapped.
  • Tentacle Swarm? same as above.
  • Undertow? because they can't kill the enemies, that is, players don't know they can shoot the pool.

I know some players just don't know how to interact with some abilities but then there are players who just can't seem to stand having others doing too much, maybe is just me but lately I have been noticing a lot of players feeling "disrupted" on their plays by the mere existence of others, feels great when someone automatically tries to combo onto your abilities like mag pulling enemies into your Grenade Fan and stuff like that but a lot of other players seem quite unhappy with anything as minuscule as a greedy pull Nekros following them around trying to NOT kill as many enemies and just pulling all the loot and maybe accidentally some enemies, some of these issues may be solved if somehow the game was able to communicate things better, others can only be solved if DE just eliminated the scoreboard.

I dont really care what most people do. The only warframe that causes me to occasionally leave the mission is Saryn.

Because i would actually like to play the video game and not watch someone wipe the room through walls over and over.

Other than that i do feel the community should take an extra effort to understand other warframes but then again... the community is...

Eeeehhhhhh.

The only means of communication outside of voice chat and typing on console is emotes and waypoints. So short of tea-bagging a corner or mashing up on my d-pad, I'm barely able to even see what my allies are doing. I'll admit, it's annoying when someone shoots exactly who I was targeting when I was trying to set up a combo, but it's not the end of the world. Sometimes it's nice to just leave the game in solo for a while.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

I dont really care what most people do. The only warframe that causes me to occasionally leave the mission is Saryn.

Because i would actually like to play the video game and not watch someone wipe the room through walls over and over.

Other than that i do feel the community should take an extra effort to understand other warframes but then again... the community is...

Eeeehhhhhh.

Sometimes I feel the reasons the DEvelopoers are so happy to nerf stuff is because somehow they just seem bent on keeping some kind of twisted competitiveness in the game.

1 minute ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Sometimes I feel the reasons the DEvelopoers are so happy to nerf stuff is because somehow they just seem bent on keeping some kind of twisted competitiveness in the game.

If thats the case then the mindset is absurd at best.  Imo theres nothing fun about Saryn being able to straight up delete the concept of enemies in a vast majority of content at such an insane range and it takes too long for this to stop. 

Honestly there are times i wish i could understand their design decisions. That new necromech for example seems...

Bad. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Honestly there are times i wish i could understand their design decisions. That new necromech for example seems...

The many times things are fixed because "they did't work as intended" wouldn't be so enraging to the players if the DEvelopers cared to even share their vision of the game, then again it is very much possible Warframe is no longer in line with the original vision for the sake of pure profit, so many content islands and mechanics have been added into the game and most of them clearly resemble something else that is/was popular at some point, someone watches Jojo? here is Limbo, a frame more suited for a single player game due to his very disruptive kit, someone played Shadow of Mordor? there you go, Kuva Liches, someone there likes Assassins's Creed? let's give them a Parazon and then shove it into a game where your opportunities for an execution are very scarce due to the game's pacing, someone played Faster Than Light? we got Railjack, nor sure where Archwing came from since I wasn't playing during those days/years, someone on the development team sure liked Borderlands quite a bit because our Necraloid whose names escape me right now is Claptrap, plain and simple (well, half of it), hell, Plains of Eidolon came up when the open world craze was still fresh, there is a reason MGS5 was such a deviation from the game back then, I recall hearing at some point how the Solar Rails were supposed to be turned into a PvP MOBA style segment.

It is been like this for a while but I suspect the game truly has an identity crisis.

1 hour ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

"Stop using __________!"

• Molecular Prime? outside of Defense missions because chain reactions are credited to you.
  • Shadows of the Dead? because you confuse them even when you try to use visible colors and Shield of Shadows leashes.
  • Discharge? same as above plus you are stunning the enemies which is somehow a bad thing.
  • Undertow? because they can't kill the enemies, that is, players don't know they can shoot the pool.

I know some players just don't know how to interact with some abilities but then there are players who just can't seem to stand having others doing too much, maybe is just me but lately I have been noticing a lot of players feeling "disrupted" on their plays by the mere existence of others, feels great when someone automatically tries to combo onto your abilities like mag pulling enemies into your Grenade Fan and stuff like that but a lot of other players seem quite unhappy with anything as minuscule as a greedy pull Nekros following them around trying to NOT kill as many enemies and just pulling all the loot and maybe accidentally some enemies, some of these issues may be solved if somehow the game was able to communicate things better, others can only be solved if DE just eliminated the scoreboard.

That's why i have filter for rando matchmaking , they can type w/e they want i just can't see it on my screen 🤣

3 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:
  1. Gets killed anyways by my aoe weapons.
  2. Prevents people inside from doing anything to those outside, and inverse. Banished targets/players have similar issue.
  3. Makes my life easy with the kills
  4. Can be annoying when there is a lot going on, mostly due to twitch reactions and line of sight issues.
  5. If you can't kill them fast enough, the spores will finish them off.
  6. Takes a while to kill, not as effective at higher tier stuff outside of plate spam needed builds. 
  7. Gets killed by aoe weapons or can be ignored.
  8. ditto
  9. Frankly don't even notice.

I run aoe heavy weapons like the kuva ogris, trumna, and similar. Most of these issues literally melt away when you have heavy enough weapons on your side. Except limbo/rift plane mechnics those cause issues regardless, and nekros to a much more limited degree. Atleast nekros causes a lot more loot to spawn.

As long as the targets are dying, and I can move and try to kill freely, it really doesn't bother me to much. That is why 2 is the only notable issue. The enemies can be alive, and seen and be within the blast zone, but take no damage.

personally I just let PUGs get one with it. if some metahead Saryn wants to carry me then go for it, because I'm only Pugging for the sake of trying to save time. as long as the mission gets done I couldn't care less about my stats or theirs. if I want to be the one doing the a$$-kicking, I play solo.

like it or not, Solo or recruiting is your only real chance at getting to do what you want without any repercussions. you can't change a player's mentality, but you can always change your matchmaking.

7 hours ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Eeeehhhhhh.

Agree. DE never touch in saryn ! This warframe has the most dumb design ever....a true cheat warframe i can tell. Tottaly anti-game...

I see some dumb playes complaining about bramma....but the real problem its saryn. 🙄

The base starchart is weak, so things are gonna die fast and complaining about pugs is pointless. Don't walk down a public street and complain about what people are doing outside.

Now, if you make your own house get together (making a group or clan) and things don't go as discussed or planned, you have a right to be upset. 

Public matches are simply just "people on the internet", yea....they should try to behave themselves, but it's a crazy world out there.

I don't see nuking as an issue at all in the game though. It just means I can send out a quick text or take a sip of water, or I'll just break a few crates, look for some Ayatan stars for the team.

I think a growing proportion of the playerbase is becoming increasingly rude, intolerant and overall socially inept. I realize that there's no offense intended most of the time, but it's still unpleasant. Of course that's just my opinion and how i (and a few other people it seems) perceive these behaviours.

Anyway, and more objectively, this game doesn't incentivize cooperation, compromises and communication at all. And at the same time, there is no clear invitation to friendly competion either, outside of a few events. It seems to me that Warframe isn't actually intended to be a "multiplayer" game in the usual sense. But rather some kind of very indirect PVPVE, where players are put in the same instance, but don't really have to interact with each others. That doesn't help developing social skills.

The only time things like this sort of flicks a nerve is either A: people wrecking things I've pulled into Larva while i'm trying to gain stacks as Nidus in higher level content like Steel Path; or B: people just W+M1'ing through the map with an Ignis, Amprex, or Acceltra.  Minor annoyances that just boil down to everyone just wanting to See Number Go Up, so I can't rightly fault anyone for that because Seeing Number Be Big is enjoyable.  I don't think I've ever seen anyone being purposely annoying or malicious, and if they were it just didn't register.  

On 2020-09-19 at 4:01 PM, (PS4)Ravenger-MRIB said:

The only time things like this sort of flicks a nerve is either A: people wrecking things I've pulled into Larva while i'm trying to gain stacks as Nidus in higher level content like Steel Path; or B: people just W+M1'ing through the map with an Ignis, Amprex, or Acceltra.  Minor annoyances that just boil down to everyone just wanting to See Number Go Up, so I can't rightly fault anyone for that because Seeing Number Be Big is enjoyable.  I don't think I've ever seen anyone being purposely annoying or malicious, and if they were it just didn't register.  

You dont need mutation stacks for 100% of the game.
I only use mutation stacks when enemies are level 1000+, even with enemies in that level I can tank all damage with 0 mutations.

15 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Molecular Prime? outside of Defense missions because chain reactions are credited to you.

Is that part I bolded actually the reason someone gave you for why they wanted you to stop?

Because MP can be a hindrance not just in Defense but also other missions, e.g. Survival, where you don't want to keep enemies away.

Strangledome? because enemies move too much while trapped.

To be fair, if you're casting Dangledome, it's simply good manners to then also take care of the caught enemies via Whipclaw or whatever,
at least if the mission is one where you want to kill enemies rather than just keep them CC'd.

Tentacle Swarm? same as above.

Indeed, same as above, not everyone enjoys having their targets made harder to hit :P

Undertow? because they can't kill the enemies, that is, players don't know they can shoot the pool.

They might also simply not know there are enemies caught in your Undertow, there's no indicator or anything.

Now, I'm not saying there aren't questionable "requests" / behaviors from Squad mates now and then,
but at least a good portion of them do have some logic to them, it's best to establish a dialogue,
rather than just go "oh, another one of those" and hit Ignore / leave the Squad, and that goes for both sides.

Molecular Prime? outside of Defense missions

I would say its not even good on defense missions, had one where the defense target was a guy and we had a nova on the team, it was the most boring long drawn out mission I ever did because the whole map was near frozen and it felt like an age waiting every single wave from stuff to come out of the woodwork and into kill range.

swear it must have dragged 10 extra minutes longer than it should and the enemies weren't even that high level

Archived