Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee Rework

(XBOX)LegendorDie

I think Banshee is honestly disappointing right now. Her 1st ability is ok with the augment, the 2nd ability is annoying to have to find the weak point and so is only useful if you spam it, her 3rd ability is lame any way you build it, and her 4th is only good at nuking like level 30 and below. I have a few ideas for a Banshee rework.

1st ability Sonic Boom: Banshee does a short dash (5m) where she breaks the sound barrier. The sonic boom from her dash then hits enemies in a cone in front of her like the current version. It then gives her a decaying  movement speed boost (25%) for a few seconds. If Banshee collides with an enemy it does bonus damage and ragdolls the enemy. This ability would be a ton of fun to use I think. 

2nd ability Sonar: Banshee screeches (like a banshee) emitting a pulse that detects enemies. Detected enemies can be seen on the map and can be seen through walls by banshee and will receive bonus damage on the next hit they take. This ability can be stacked.

3rd ability Deafen: Works similar to the current version. Creates a deafening zone where it was cast that slows enemies (20%) and stuns them (open for finisher) for a second every few seconds. It also amplifies any sound damage on enemies affected. It also deals sound damage whenever enemies leave the zone. 

4th ability Quake: Basically the current version with the augment. Sends out a sound quake that damages enemies and pushes them back. Deals more damage the higher percent health an enemy has (enemies at full health take 2x damage). It also has a chance to stun for a second (ears ringing) after the enemy is pushed back. 

A strategy could be to use silence to crowd control enemies, then use sonar to prime the enemies for damage. Then use sonic boom or quake to damage and push them out of the silence zone. Basically as long as it is fun and scales well. I don't want to play Banshee the way she currently is. Hopefully she gets some attention. A lot of other warframes could use some reworks too. Let me know what you think.

Tbh i completely disagree.

Banshees 1 is meh i agree.

But her 2 is an insane debuff ability that can already be stacked, if its not working for you there is a potential you simply just don't have a good build. And uh...aiming at a glowing spot isnt hard. Its no different than aiming for a headshot...which you should be able to do.

Her 3 is awesome already for crowd control as it already stuns enemies that enter her range and is great and keeping her alive.

Her 4 is more a low level nuke, but thats ok her 2 and 3 more than make up for it.

She can already do endurance like a boss, nuke low levels easily and be an insane support.
If you need more proof of why she is good check out relentless zens endurance banshee.

In the end everyone has their own opinion and what they do and don't like. If you don't like banshee thats alright for you, but in the scope of the game currently a large majority of the player base is quite happy where she is right now and there are many more frames that DESPERATELY need a reword comparative to banshee

Yeah, don't really like the suggested changes either, sorry.

Besides Silence('s stun) being recastable while active or something, I still want a buff for base Sonic Boom (the Augment is of course great),
e.g. Pull, another 25 Energy "cone" 1st ability, has more Range, more damage, and also functions beyond CC (Energy Orb generation).

BTW, I actually infused Pull on Banshee (replacing her 3) and now I can push & pull enemies about wildly, it's gloriously ridiculous :D

Resonance makes 2 spam itself for free provided you are being fed enough fodder to proc it off (doesn't work in sparsely populated extermination missions obviously).

Now that shield gating exists, Banshee is already extremely SP viable for mission types not involving protecting an objective. And can blender a lvl5 lich in half a second.

Honestly the only bad thing about her is 4.

And subjectively bad is that she achieves survivability in the same way Rhino achieves stealth.

On 2020-09-19 at 12:25 AM, (XB1)LegendorDie said:

the 2nd ability is annoying to have to find the weak point

Maybe choose a different energy color?   I know that the darkest colors can be hard to see.  (edit:  Actually, looking at it in game, even some fairly bright colored Sonar points are hard to see now.   It used to convert energy colors to basically a bright white with a bit of the color mixed in, which made it easy to see.  Pinks, yellows, greens and violets that are really light still stand out very well, as do bright whites.)

Otherwise, having to aim a bit is like the last thing I'd ever want changed about Banshee.    I don't want to be harsh about it, but there are plenty of other frames with abilities that don't require aiming.    And if you're just in love with her look, you could make history by being the first and maybe only person to use a subsumed ability in place of Sonar, one of the most powerful abilities in the game. 😛

The only change I  really want to see to Sonar is for it to give priority  to heads/weakspots. 

On 2020-09-21 at 2:17 AM, lnfine said:

What to put on 4?

I'm thinking shatter shield or ensnare.

My problem is open spaces (like new corpus ship tileset) where stun from silence doesn't give enough time to clear all the surrounding mob.

I run neutral range normally.

Generally I use Tesla Grenades with Tesla Bank since it gives you a nice bit of extra CC that works inside your Silence bubble and you can multiply the damage high enough to wreck pretty much anything that isn't armored.

If I'm hunting Necramechs, about 33% of the time I run Ensnare as my 4th with Sonic Fracture and Resonance. More rarely I'll use Smite+Smite Infusion with Sonic Fracture, though that does mean a lot more Sonar casting. Speaking of, if you're not worried about armor shredding, Smite+Smite Infusion is great when paired with Resonance as you can pretty easily get into a situation where one quick cast will wipe out a whole bunch of enemies if you target the biggest enemy around.

If I'm doing a defense-type mission, I'd probably include Breach Surge or Radial Blind (with Resonance, and probably Sonic Fracture or , if neutral range, Savage Silence*). That said, I don't usually use Banshee for those types of missions, I much prefer Nova or Nyx for them.

Speaking of Nyx, Mind Control and Mind Freak produces some pretty interesting effects on Banshee as long as you're not up against a whole lot of armor (though a tuned up Scorch or Scorpion and plenty of Sonar weakspots around can be pretty effective).

Spectrorage with Spectrosiphon can be pretty handy for the extra energy, but you really want some decent range with it.

*I almost always carry a gunblade with Banshee and use High Noon so I can use Right Click+Forward to snap roll forward and shoot an enemy as they come into range for Savage Silence.

Archived