Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oscira Rifle Skin on Quanta weapons

(PSN)Sentiel

While the Oscira skins are not available on consoles yet, I have read here and on Reddit that the Oscira Rifle Skin can be applied on Mutalist Quanta but not on any other Quanta weapon. That doesn't make much sense...

Can this be changes, so the skin can be applied to all Quanta weapons please?

Ideally with the console release. 😉

primary beams aren't supported, not glaxion, not amprex etc.

this is due to the design of the skin that includes a barrel (and a bore for a change - yay), so it doesn't look like it could fire a beam

this is inconsistent with the shotgun hecaton skin, that can be used on shotgun beams, while also having barrels; it can even be equipped on convectrix

28 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

primary beams aren't supported, not glaxion, not amprex etc.

this is due to the design of the skin that includes a barrel (and a bore for a change - yay), so it doesn't look like it could fire a beam

this is inconsistent with the shotgun hecaton skin, that can be used on shotgun beams, while also having barrels; it can even be equipped on convectrix

Fair enough. I assumed whether the skin supports the gun or not is based on the design, which all Quanta weapons share, but it's true Mutalist doesn't fire beams.

mutalist quanta can equip it but the projectiles emerge from somewhere to the side of the gun and not the front

interestingly the skin is around 30% bigger when equipped on some guns, namely quartakk and k. chakkhur (that i've noticed so far)

this is proof that the skin was tested on each weapon on which it can currently be equipped, and even adjusted if necessary; it's particularly nice how a part of the hema reload animation is preserved

obviously it was a conscious choice not to allow the skin on some guns (such as hind, stradavar, tenora, argonak), and not an oversight, but we just don't know the reasons

however, we can clearly tell the reason for beams - it would look a little stupid (like it does with the shotgun hecaton skin)

Archived