Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think Shadows In Arsenal Should Be Removed

WhisperByte

Maybe it should have a tick-box to enable/disable shadows in the arsenal. Of course in the arsenal, not in the graphics menu.

A simple option to turn off shadows completely instead of just setting them to Low would suffice imho

That's weird, never happened to me before. Looks like it's more of a bug than a feature, but one related to what you're talking about (shadows in general).

Hm well I dealt with this for several weeks already so I don't think it's a bug or it would have been removed already

It's DirectX 9.

Switch the game to run on DX11. The lighting systems should look a lot more natural and less glitchy, and performance should improve by a crapton on most DX11-capable systems.

The shadow was cast in the old UI as well. In DX9, anyway.

Edited by SortaRandom

It's DirectX 9.

Switch the game to run on DX11. The lighting systems should look a lot more natural and less glitchy, and performance should improve by a crapton on most DX11-capable systems.

The shadow was cast in the old UI as well. In DX9, anyway.

DX11 drops my frame rate by a large degree. Sometimes to slide show levels in OD and Void (especially that room with 4 switches that need to be activated in order). So it's not an option

Well this just got interesting: when Orokin Derelict came out my frame rate suffered so greatly that I had to switch to DX9 to be able to play and now I switched to DX11 to see how bad it gets and it actually improved my frame rate in non-void missions. Not sure what changed

Edited by WhisperByte