Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oscira "universal" rifle skin still doesn't work universally

Tiltskillet

It's great that the Kitguns were fixed, but in case they're not already in the pipeline there are still a bunch of other weapons that the Oscira rifle skin can't be applied to. 

Argonak, Stahlta, Battacor, Tenora, Harpak, Fulmin, Stradavar Prime, Opticor that I'm aware of.  Common theme between most of these is they had no skins before this, which makes me think it's simply a feature that needs to be enabled.  Although some weapons--like the Veldt--without any other skins -do- work, so /shrug

Also no beam weapons.  This might be intentional, but if so it needs to be spelled out in the market info and the devs need to correct the statement calling it a "universal" rifle skin.

On 2020-09-17 at 8:55 AM, [DE]Megan said:

*Edit: Corrected the Oscira weapon skin names. Originally they were dedicated to the new player starter weapons, but we then changed them to be universal Staff, Pistol, Thrown Blade, Rifle, Bow, and Longsword Skins.

it isn't because of already having a skin or not, but for some other aesthetic reasons apparently

beam weapons are definitely intentional

battacor - it has the alt fire that seems incongruous with the implied function of the gun (the skin has a barrel); similarly, opticor can't equip it which is expected

• solution: none that i can think of

harpak - the harpoon needs to come out of somewhere and it doesn't look like the oscira design supports it

fulmin - how would you change the firing mode? the animation and the moving part can't be ported over to the new skin

stahlta - so-so, stahlta does have a specific square projectile that can't emerge from that round barrel, but similar is true for infested guns that can equip the skin

• solution: create a cylindrical steel rod projectile for stahlta w. oscira

there are more examples that make sense

the only examples i've enountered so far that definitely don't make sense are:

hind (no reason why not)

argonak (it has the scope but buzlok also has a scope and can equip oscira skin)

tenora (alt fire has a specific animation, but no reason why not)

stradavar (no reason why not)

2 hours ago, Traubenzuckr said:

it isn't because of already having a skin or not, but for some other aesthetic reasons apparently

beam weapons are definitely intentional

battacor - it has the alt fire that seems incongruous with the implied function of the gun (the skin has a barrel); similarly, opticor can't equip it which is expected

harpak - the harpoon needs to come out of somewhere and it doesn't look like the oscira design supports it

fulmin - how would you change the firing mode? the animation and the moving part can't be ported over to the new skin

stahlta - so-so, stahlta does have a specific square projectile that can't emerge from that round barrel, but similar is true for infested guns that can equip the skin

• solution: create a cylindrical steel rod projectile for stahlta w. oscira

there are more examples that make sense

the only examples i've enountered so far that definitely don't make sense are:

hind (no reason why not)

argonak (it has the scope but buzlok also has a scope and can equip oscira skin)

tenora (alt fire has a specific animation, but no reason why not)

stradavar (no reason why not)

You're probably right about the animation issues.

Added Stradavar Prime and Opticor, thank you.

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

It's great that the Kitguns were fixed, but in case they're not already in the pipeline there are still a bunch of other weapons that the Oscira rifle skin can't be applied to. 

Argonak, Stahlta, Battacor, Tenora, Harpak, Fulmin, Stradavar Prime, Opticor that I'm aware of.  Common theme between most of these is they had no skins before this, which makes me think it's simply a feature that needs to be enabled.  Although some weapons--like the Veldt--without any other skins -do- work, so /shrug

Also no beam weapons.  This might be intentional, but if so it needs to be spelled out in the market info and the devs need to correct the statement calling it a "universal" rifle skin.

I wholeheartedly agree, however I have to say kitguns were not entirely fixed. Primary Gaze still cannot equip the Oscira skin because for some unfathomable reason DE decided to not count them as rifles for this purpose (even though for literally any other purpose - modding, Sortie modifiers etc) they do.

5 minutes ago, Mephane said:

I wholeheartedly agree, however I have to say kitguns were not entirely fixed. Primary Gaze still cannot equip the Oscira skin because for some unfathomable reason DE decided to not count them as rifles for this purpose (even though for literally any other purpose - modding, Sortie modifiers etc) they do.

Intended (or "not easily fixed") I'm guessing, as I haven't found any beam weapons that work, with the quasi-exception of Panthera's alt-fire.

Still, they shouldn't be calling it a universal rifle skin when the Flux Rifle can't use it. 😉

Archived