Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Remove Aka Potato Removal Tool

(NSW)Estalior

<snip>The choice to unpotato a frame/weapon keep potato, but delete the item. Maybe make item level 0 on delete as well? <snip>

Wouldn't it be pointless to level the item to 0 if its being deleted anyway? or am I reading this wrong.

On topic:

I think it would be a good idea but maybe make it so that you can only remove it so you can craft a remover or something, as I'm sure a lot of people would probably be removing it from a lot of old weapons, which means less platinum being purchased. ^.^

Edit: Spelling. >.<

Edited by Rathie

A potato is roughly $1 from the cheapest platinum pack. It only gets cheaper from there. If you liked an item enough to potato it, you should probably be buying another slot, not deleting the item. Don't forget sometimes older items can get a buff if they really are that inferior to newer items.

There is literally no reason to add this other than for you to not spend plat.

Wouldn't it be pointless to level the item to 0 if its being deleted anyway? or am I reading this wrong.

It is so you can't remake it after and use it. The idea its basically for those items who you want to level to 30 and then evaporate them. But still just an idea. Maybe if it was 1 or 2 plat? Duno...

A potato is roughly $1 from the cheapest platinum pack. It only gets cheaper from there. If you liked an item enough to potato it, you should probably be buying another slot, not deleting the item. Don't forget sometimes older items can get a buff if they really are that inferior to newer items.

There is literally no reason to add this other than for you to not spend plat.

I potato'd my Volt, second biggest regret I have with this game (the first being that I wasted my starter plat).

I potato'd my Volt, second biggest regret I have with this game (the first being that I wasted my starter plat).

That's a pretty small regret... So you haven't spent a single penny on the game I guess? Because potatoes are literally $1 or less. Best bang for your buck (unintended) in pretty much any free to play game I've played. Doubles your power for $1...

DE mentioned in a past livestream that there could be an option to remove the potato but the potato will be destroyed.

So why even remove the potato then if you have no benefit of it?

The problem is that with armor 2.0 there is gonna be a big revamp and some weapons that are uber now might be not as good anymore after the update, so people fear they spent their money badly.

So why even remove the potato then if you have no benefit of it?

The problem is that with armor 2.0 there is gonna be a big revamp and some weapons that are uber now might be not as good anymore after the update, so people fear they spent their money badly.

Did you read through the Beta terms when you first installed Warframe? It explicitly states that Warframe liable to change at any time. All the best weapons could be the worst and vice versa and we have no right to complain.

That being said, I have 2 catalysts and 2 reactors from alerts ready for armor 2.0.

That's a pretty small regret... So you haven't spent a single penny on the game I guess? Because potatoes are literally $1 or less. Best bang for your buck (unintended) in pretty much any free to play game I've played. Doubles your power for $1...

I'm a disciple so I have obviously spent some degree of money on this game. I potato'd my Volt, whom I dislike. Big regret for me. He's still sitting somewhere around level 12.

I'm a disciple so I have obviously spent some degree of money on this game. I potato'd my Volt, whom I dislike. Big regret for me. He's still sitting somewhere around level 12.

Bring him through a few low-level corpus maps and spam his ult. It's fun watching everything DIEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

...Including yourself.

I bought the stalker package. You wasted $1. I wasted $40. Your regret is tiny...

The idea its basically for those items who you want to level to 30 and then evaporate them.

If you get a weapon just to level it to 30 and then ditch it, you don't need to put a Catalyst on it, now do you?

Edited by Haldos

Did you read through the Beta terms when you first installed Warframe? It explicitly states that Warframe liable to change at any time. All the best weapons could be the worst and vice versa and we have no right to complain.

That being said, I have 2 catalysts and 2 reactors from alerts ready for armor 2.0.

What does that have to do with what I said? Some people will just be angry, and DE knows that. If they quit the game out of protest or dont buy any more plat, DE will loose money so they will pretty much have to give players a chance to make up their "loss" up to a certain.

And we goddamn have a right to complain if DE isnt able to get the balance right.

It's for easier leveling, duh.

I feel as though you don't fully understand the function of a Catalyst. It's not designed to be an "easy leveling" item that you just throw out when done. It doubles the mod point capacity in your weapon and is a very important feature that you apply to weapons you actually like and want to use indefinitely. Putting it on a weapon that you have no intention of keeping once it's maxed out is an incredible waste of its potential.

It does not make leveling easier because the weapon is still going to take the same amount of time to get maxed out but it will give you 2 mod points per level, but like I said, if your only intention is to toss the weapon out, why would the extra mod points matter? Strap weapons you don't like on and go run Kappa or Kiste a few times and level it up passively. If you want double experience and actually making leveling up easier, get an Affinity booster.

Edited by Haldos

The constant recycling will damage DE's income.

Maybe make the item super rare or plat-only, that way it would be beneficial.

Well in that case, maybe DE's substantial income should not come from the most unreliable source. I dont remember in any game that I had to throw away an item I previously purchased. How ? potatoed my old frostie and they announced frost prime just a few weeks later which both my potato and the old frost gotten deleted. And that was the day I realized potatoes are the last thing that I would ever waste money on. As a matter of fact that actually applies to the warframes in that matter to a certain degree with this new prime fashion .

Well in that case, maybe DE's substantial income should not come from the most unreliable source. I dont remember in any game that I had to throw away an item I previously purchased. How ? potatoed my old frostie and they announced frost prime just a few weeks later which both my potato and the old frost gotten deleted. And that was the day I realized potatoes are the last thing that I would ever waste money on. As a matter of fact that actually applies to the warframes in that matter to a certain degree with this new prime fashion .

The people who generate most are those who prefer convenience.

If you are not that kind, then so be it. I highly doubt DE's income is based solely on that, but it plays a role in the constant purchase of taters for those who would use them through plat.