Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add more mobility to melee stances.

redkunaz

Compared to before almost every single melee stance forces your character to stay in place till the melee attack animation ends. this should be the case for w+e , but is.
I havent found  any melee weapon i like. because non of them are smooth , expecially if you have fire rate buffs like berserker or warframe skills, than it's just for example of :                                 

Vengefull revenent,  hold W attack (keeps moving forward) attack (keeps moving forward) attack (stays in place with a weird fast zoom in and zoom out)

Tempo royal - hold W attack (keeps moving forward) attack (stays in place) attack (stays in place)

I tried so many stances and the ones that do have mobility feel insanely boring like machete ones.

This was a problem ever since melee 2.0 but it was possible to ignore it until they killed quick melee (thus forcing stances on to everybody). I've been pointing it out for years and it's been completely ignored.

The only conclusion I can come to at this point is that DE explicitly want melee to be a horrible mess of stuttery crap and that it is for some reason part of the design that you get stunlocked and thrown around like a ragdoll by your own weapons. I have no idea why, but I find it increasingly hard to comprehend their design decisions as time goes on.

EDIT: for extra fun, and if you have a high refresh rate monitor (120/144 Hz, it might also work if you can run the game at ~120 FPS and turn off VSync) then try taking a polearm with decent speed like the Orthos Prime, give it Primed Fury and then cast an attack speed buff (Volt Speed with about 199% power strength works here). You won't even be able to swing it properly any more.

It's a big reason why I prefer Polearms (or rather, Shimmering Blight / Bleeding Willow)
over everything else, you can move, in whatever direction, almost normal while swinging those.

Every Melee type should have a "free movement" Stance like that, leaving more extravagant stuff to the "Block" combo(s).

Archived