Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buffs to forgotten weapons.

Alphas

Now  that more and more weapons are having really neat gimmicks to them I think it's time that older, forgotten weapons receive some love as well.  Weapons like War and the Stalker set, while decently powerful, feel a bit lackluster compared to other options.  The current state of Heavy Blades leaves a lot to be desired, with Gram Prime basically being a better Galatine Prime in every way and the Galatine Prime outshining every other Heavy Blade in the exact same way.  Weapons like War get pushed away for being too hard to acquire, but I think it's a perfect candidate to get a Sentient themed gimmick, like an Adaptation style damage storage on blocking that gets released in a heavy attack.  It's not the only weapon that needs to get looked at.  I think a lot of weapons should have power proportional to how you get them (not nerfing anything though).  Weapons like the Prisma Tetra being just utter trash since it only comes from Baro and is fairly expensive yet simply exists to provide players with 3000 Mastery before being chucked out of the Orbiter's airlock.  Weapons like Dread should stay where they are in terms of power and stats, but weapons like Despair and Hate should be significantly buffed up seeing as how hilariously underpowered they are and for how much more rare they are to find.

Hate ? Underpowered ?

Try a heavy attack build with it. The slash procs easily go in the 50k+. It's easily one of the most powerful melee right now.

I generally agree with you, especially after putting 6 forma in the Trumna and finding myself struggling to play any other gun, but many of the older weapons are still extremely good. Hell the Kuva variant was a refreshing way to make people to revisit weapons like Hind or Karak.

19 hours ago, Alphas said:

Now  that more and more weapons are having really neat gimmicks to them I think it's time that older, forgotten weapons receive some love as well.  Weapons like War and the Stalker set, while decently powerful, feel a bit lackluster compared to other options.  The current state of Heavy Blades leaves a lot to be desired, with Gram Prime basically being a better Galatine Prime in every way and the Galatine Prime outshining every other Heavy Blade in the exact same way.  Weapons like War get pushed away for being too hard to acquire, but I think it's a perfect candidate to get a Sentient themed gimmick, like an Adaptation style damage storage on blocking that gets released in a heavy attack.  It's not the only weapon that needs to get looked at.  I think a lot of weapons should have power proportional to how you get them (not nerfing anything though).  Weapons like the Prisma Tetra being just utter trash since it only comes from Baro and is fairly expensive yet simply exists to provide players with 3000 Mastery before being chucked out of the Orbiter's airlock.  Weapons like Dread should stay where they are in terms of power and stats, but weapons like Despair and Hate should be significantly buffed up seeing as how hilariously underpowered they are and for how much more rare they are to find.

Hey, Hate is part of the stalker set and it is top notch. And War would be good... if impact melee weapons had any value. But they do not. 

The melee domain tends to be okayish in terms for weapon balanced. Primaries and secondaries are 95% junk. Single target, non-sniper weapons, are obsolete.

40 minutes ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

Hey, Hate is part of the stalker set and it is top notch. And War would be good... if impact melee weapons had any value. But they do not. 

The melee domain tends to be okayish in terms for weapon balanced. Primaries and secondaries are 95% junk. Single target, non-sniper weapons, are obsolete.

It would be a lot easier just to buff up Puncture and Impact instead of buffing individual weapons.

Puncture and Impact weapons that are any good are good in spite of being Puncture and Impact weapons.

Conversely, some weapons with lesser stats are great just because they are Slash based instead.

The War and Galatine Prime have very similar stat lines, except one is Slash based so it's better by default, though I guess the removal of 4x IPS priority closed the gap even just a little bit.

1 hour ago, DealerOfAbsolutes said:

It would be a lot easier just to buff up Puncture and Impact instead of buffing individual weapons.

Puncture and Impact weapons that are any good are good in spite of being Puncture and Impact weapons.

Conversely, some weapons with lesser stats are great just because they are Slash based instead.

The War and Galatine Prime have very similar stat lines, except one is Slash based so it's better by default, though I guess the removal of 4x IPS priority closed the gap even just a little bit.

This goes back to a bigger issue. Armor scaling. As long as armor keeps scaling, slash procs will remain king. This is what needs to change. Not a nerf to slash, but armor should not scale beyond a specific point (probably 500-700). Otherwise, will keep circling back to slash. 

My proposal is to allow for Level 30 (max) weapons to be dismantled to create a Kitgun Chamber. 

The chamber will retain the primary and secondary firemodes of the original weapon, and the general balance between damage types. 

The player will be able to build a kitgun with this chamber, but with better stats. MR requirement for the chamber will be higher than that of the base weapon, like +50% or something (balance pending).

"What if I could have a stug, but that does not suck in 2020?"

Additionally, this chamber would also grant more Mastery XP the first time it is leveled up - opening up the way to MR30 and to lift the ceiling to MR40 or above. Beginner players will have a wider number of options to MR up, potentially allowing for faster MR and increasing the average MR of the player base.

To keep things sane for the dev balance team, 1 to 4 weapons would become "kitgunnable" per week on Tenno Reinforcements, making for a constant stream of stuff to do, for players to experiment on. 

Intitially, Prime/Vandal/Wraith/Kuva weapons would not be on this list. Pending on story/New War, they could eventually be unlocked for this as well. 

Archived