Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum Signatures? Yes Or No?

_Absolom_

What I noticed is that there are no signatures whatsoever. I know it's easier and more comfy to navigate and read the site like this, but still...would the community like to see custom signatures? 

Imagine the option to toggle them.

If you like signatures: turn them on. 

If you wanna read the clean text: turn them off. You won't be affected by them whatsoever.

Upvote this post if you DO want signatures. Upvote my next post if you DON'T want them.

They couldn't be bigger than this, for example: 

33maa92.jpg

Edit: Please add the reason why you are with or against this idea.

Edited by Nazgul999

No. I can't tell you how great it is to be able to go down an entire thread of responses, reading the thoughts and opinions of various topics and not have to look at bright and flashy boxes that offer me useless information.

Edited by Haldos

How about no. It will be an eyesore to scroll through everyone's sig.

Read the whole post please.

You can't fix everything with a toggle. I hate this mindset.

Tell me why? I mean if you set them not to be shown, it doesn't really affect you and people who think the same way as you do, does it?

Tell me why? I mean if you set them not to be shown, it doesn't really affect you and people who think the same way as you do, does it?

People will expect others (who may have disabled signatures) to see their signatures. To prevent this kind of miscommunication and keep forums tidy, it's better to not implement them at all. 

Also fixing things with toggles is, in general, a lazy solution which doesn't do anything to address the heart of an issue.

People will expect others (who may have disabled signatures) to see their signatures. To prevent this kind of miscommunication and keep forums tidy, it's better to not implement them at all. 

Also fixing things with toggles is, in general, a lazy solution which doesn't do anything to address the heart of an issue.

I don't see how adding signatures with a toggle option creates a problem. Especially if signatures are toggled off by default. Toggle options may not fix every problem, but in this case they would prevent a problem from rising from the addition of signatures. I can't imagine any miscommunications that would come from sigs being added. Also, they already mention them 

iQjd4CW.png

Edit: I guess if you wanted you could just paste a picture into all of your posts.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

I love the idea, I wish I could support it, but unfortunately it's just not reliable, as you said, you CAN toggle it, but it's just a signature. It's good for a small community with a small forums, but Warframe is quite the large scale game, there are a lot of signatures and sadly some of the people won't think about others, and they'll abuse the heck out of it, with obscene signatures and so forth. 

TL:DR, I love the idea, I love the concept, but in practice it'll be more pain for DE than it is satisfaction for us.

You can already do signatures, you just need to not be lazy about it. (I've seen some do it here, although I am not sure if you will be asked to stop.)

In my opinion I don't see too many issues with the idea, just the aforementioned ones. +1

I love the idea, I wish I could support it, but unfortunately it's just not reliable, as you said, you CAN toggle it, but it's just a signature. It's good for a small community with a small forums, but Warframe is quite the large scale game, there are a lot of signatures and sadly some of the people won't think about others, and they'll abuse the heck out of it, with obscene signatures and so forth. 

TL:DR, I love the idea, I love the concept, but in practice it'll be more pain for DE than it is satisfaction for us.

Its not hard to limit obscene signatures, just do what other sites do. Give one warning and then ban them (some sites outright ban on first offenses).

No, no no... Just no.

Signatures are essentially useless and just make it take longer to scroll through a page. Even with size restrictions they will still annoy people, and the amount of well designed signatures (which are still annoying) will be greatly outnumbers by abominations or cropped hentai pics or whatever. Its terrible. I've been on many forums and not once have I ever thought signatures were a worthwhile addition.

If signatures ARE added, I'll make sure I find the most diabetes inducing picture of Pinkie Pie, crop it to signature size, then throw it in my sig, knowing full well that it will make people froth at the mouth in rage. Not a good idea to implement them. At all.