Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Late night Xaku/void damage brainstorm

MrWrightPlays

So, Xaku's been getting some work, and overall not that bad. Obviously still needs work, like how Deny has to actively compete with an ability that has reasonably faster DPS in order to deal any kind of damage, and how Void damage in general is kinda lacking in utility. Well, that's what this is for, and hopefully some of this sounds good to any of you who read this.

Part 1 of 2: Xatas Whisper and Void damage in general. Both pretty meh in the long run, void damages status proc is a mediocre version of Mags Magnetize and, while a 50% damage is nothing to scoff at, it doesn't compete with the possibility to just toss on Roar instead. What I suggest is, first off, changing void damages status proc to a stun rather than bullet magnetism. Make it a bit more of a utilitarian damage type rather than one that just increases your DPS. This could easily remedy another problem I have with Xaku if Xatas whisper had another passive effect: Whilst it is active, it grants Grasp of Lohk a status chance buff equivalent to (or perhaps some multiplicative of) the damage buff it grants. Now Grasp of Lohk can double as a CC ability should you find yourself in a pickle against some tanky grineer that don't take a liking to your scaling damage, or should you find yourself downed in the field and need just a couple seconds to get yourself back into fighting shape. Helps out survivability in the long run, and makes void damage a bit more attactive even as just a tool for the operator to use in normal, non-Xaku gameplay.

Part 2 of 2: Making Deny #*!%ing matter when it has to compete with Grasp of Lohk. This is a bit more difficult, and I've imagined 2 ways of this working: 1. It becomes an angle based AoE which hits every enemy in front of Xaku, rather than a straight line that has no effective area denial or clear, or 2. It becomes a chaining beam, which I've tried coming up with numbers for, but they may not be quite so balanced as I think. First option is pretty straight forward, big aoe in front of Xaku, just to make it compete at least a little with Grasp of Lohk, the generally better damage ability that is needed to exist in order for Deny to actually do anything. I'll lay out the stats I came up with for the second option here: Base range stays the same, each enemy chains a beam of up to 30 meters (to give it the range that Grasp of Lohk is missing), and each enemy hit can chain it to up to 3 other enemies, at a max of 40 enemies hit. This makes up for the fact that Deny has very little killing power in the immediate area compared to Grasp, as it grants it a more area clear kind of feel. I've also thought about this one being limited by angle, but more loosely than the first one.

Okay, so it's 1a.m. now and this is a bit longer than I had anticipated, so I'm cutting it here. I'd be glad to hear what anyone has to say about this, what could be better, worse, or where I went right or wrong. Anyway, I'm off for the night, probably going to check this in the morning, so expect replies within the next 8-10 hours!

Archived