Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm not here to complain about Marked for Death, but it highlights something Helminth needs even more.

(PSN)Jedi_Arts_

I'm going to get right into it.

-When a Warframe gets reworked, nerfed, or significantly changed, allow around a 2 week period afterward where players can remove any ability infused into the Warframe and can redeem a resource refund of exactly what they invested to infuse the ability. Also,

-When a Helminth ability (Like Marked for Death, Roar, Warcry, etc.) gets reworked, nerfed, or significantly changed, do the same thing. Any instance of that ability being infused can be removed for a full and equal resource refund of exactly what was invested.

-Basically, if a Helminth setup could be impacted by changes on the giving end or receiving end, allow a full and equal resource refund period.

It should be obvious where I am going with this, but I will explain myself anyway. People are expressing often with the Helminth system that they are afraid to participate in case their Helminth builds are nerfed. They do not want to find out that their time was wasted. This system is designed to be a resource sink that chews up copious amounts of your resources and time in exchange for a very rewarding ability replacement mechanic. That's fair, considering you get what you pay for.

However, if the ability replacement mechanic is rendered unrewarding by a future nerf, then what do you have? A resource sink that chewed up copious amounts of your resources and time in exchange for an outcome that was unrewarding. That's unfair, straight up. You did not get what you paid for and your time was wasted.

We can debate back and forth about what deserves to be nerfed or not. But what is black and white is that players do not appreciate having their time wasted by decisions that have not even taken place yet, and they are well within their right to think so.

There is a precedent for an idea like this. In past nerfs/reworks to weapons and frames, DE has inbox-sent built Formas to players for investing Formas into those items. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Wukong rework was one example of that happening. With the Helminth system, there is an opportunity to take it a step further and make the refund exactly equivalent and totally fair.

DE, you are the fair devs, right? Continue to prove it by doing something about this.

Archived