Jump to content
Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
  • 0

Widely used macros in Warframe?


TheLyricAinu

Question

The title basically says it all-- high RoF single-fire weapons, insane attack speed melees, they're hard to utilize to the best of their capability. Is there any macro there's been sort of defacto "legalized" by DE in that a lot of people use it, and as long as they're only using it so they don't break their fingers by accident somehow and just doing what is humanly possible? 

Side note, what are some precautions I should take if I decide to get a macro to ensure that automated systems won't think I'm cheating? Any RoF/melee attack speed I shouldn't exceed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

as a general rule as long as a Script isn't playing the game for you, there won't be issue. so if you're still pointing your Camera and moving your Character and Et Cetera, you're still playing.

some of the most useful Scripts IMO are just merging certain actions that you may do together often into one button to have less buttons to press. while i'm normally a very strong proponent for having actions as separate Buttons so you have full control over them, there are rare cases of pressing some number of Buttons together or in sequence that may be done repeatedly over the course of Missions, and so a Script might prove useful for actions of that type.

 

again, it's about automating your Gameplay. don't automate it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, taiiat said:

as a general rule as long as a Script isn't playing the game for you, there won't be issue. so if you're still pointing your Camera and moving your Character and Et Cetera, you're still playing.

some of the most useful Scripts IMO are just merging certain actions that you may do together often into one button to have less buttons to press. while i'm normally a very strong proponent for having actions as separate Buttons so you have full control over them, there are rare cases of pressing some number of Buttons together or in sequence that may be done repeatedly over the course of Missions, and so a Script might prove useful for actions of that type.

 

again, it's about automating your Gameplay. don't automate it. 

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Truth be told I don't know the difference between a macro and a script if there is one-- I just want to be able to make full useage of some of my weapons due to human limitations. Like, for example, my trigger finger is ass, always has been, so maybe one click of my fire button is equal to two or three, I guess? Not entirely clear on what you're saying. Sorry ^^;

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Shylo50 said:

Truth be told I don't know the difference between a macro and a script if there is one

there is not, they are the same thing. a Macro is just one type of Script. a Script is any sort of prerecorded information that is processed in sequence and something follows the orders that are written in it.

 

all you really need to know is don't write Scripts that has your Computer play the game for you. adjusting your play and playing for you should be distinct enough categories that while are definitely blurry still clear enough from a logical standpoint that people shouldn't have trouble knowing what fits into what category.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, taiiat said:

there is not, they are the same thing. a Macro is just one type of Script. a Script is any sort of prerecorded information that is processed in sequence and something follows the orders that are written in it.

 

all you really need to know is don't write Scripts that has your Computer play the game for you. adjusting your play and playing for you should be distinct enough categories that while are definitely blurry still clear enough from a logical standpoint that people shouldn't have trouble knowing what fits into what category.

I'm... really sorry to bug you so much, I'm just not knowledgeable in this field. To be clear, what I want-- just making it easier for me to use the fire rate of my weapons-- is, while morally grey, mostly fine, correct?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Shylo50 said:

To be clear, what I want-- just making it easier for me to use the fire rate of my weapons-- is, while morally grey, mostly fine, correct?

think about it yourself. is what you're looking to create going to mean that the game plays itself for you?
that's the question you have to ask yourself with any Script you're going to make.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...