Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A little rant about the Vast Untime changes (and Protea.)

dwqrf

Today, I was pleased to play Xaku. Seriously, the littles changes that has been made recently (higher range for Grasp of Lokh, energy drain from Vast Untime removed) made the Warframe much more fun to play, and to build around.

But ever since the first days of Protea, I was suggesting to change her kit around stopping the timer of other abilities while she is using Temporal Anchor. That was, for me, the most important change that she really needed to be able to make a good use of her kit ; of the grenades, the turrets (still limited by ammo), and the dispenser.

I do understand that Protea's kit is about spamming, to make the most of her passive, but even with high duration build, you have to spam a lot cycling through the refreshs of your abilities.

Protea is still struggling, even after a good serie of buffs. She was for me, on paper,, a really good frame to play, but I can't really enjoy her kit as it's too spammy for me.

Meanwhile, unexpectedly, Xaku got closer to the gameplay I was looking for, aka a "infinite" turret spell, scaling with numbers of enemies and their level ; while having a decent source of damage mitigation; which got as well insanely buffed with the reduction of aoe damage taken, and the removed energy drain (making Quick thinking + Zenurik a great tanky build)

Xaku became strong, and fun. The last buffs changed him from "meh" to "really good" ; but I didnt feel as much joy when seeing Grenade Fan and Blazing artillery buffed by 1s and doubled damage, because, strangely, that wasn't as relevant.

Now, I would only be tempted to play Protea if I get a squad full of Hildryns ; because since her other strenght : The Dispenser, is now available from Helminth, I don't see much reasons to play her. Sadly.

That was just my opinion. Anyways; Good work. Loving it, keep going.

7 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

“Protea is still struggling”

Um.....Larva and Mausolon much?

Larva i understand, but mausolon? Just because brozime shows it in his protea video doesn't mean it has anything to do with her

In fact the larva thing is a no brainer, since it's already an OP ability that synergies with many abilities and weapons

Il y a 14 heures, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

“Protea is still struggling”

Um.....Larva and Mausolon much?

Hum. When I play Protea with a 200+ duration build, i don't have much time to shoot, and certainly not too spray and pray with an archgun. Because i'm too busy refreshing 1, 2, 3, and 4, with the passive set up. So... yeah.

And Larva... ? Which ability do you remove, and why ? And to build around ultra high range and low duration doesn't seem, to me, to be a good idea on Protea.

2 hours ago, dwqrf said:

Hum. When I play Protea with a 200+ duration build, i don't have much time to shoot, and certainly not too spray and pray with an archgun. Because i'm too busy refreshing 1, 2, 3, and 4, with the passive set up. So... yeah.

And Larva... ? Which ability do you remove, and why ? And to build around ultra high range and low duration doesn't seem, to me, to be a good idea on Protea.

Larval turret is a playstyle for Protea that goes outside her intended gameplay loop.  It purely exists for people who want to make the most of her turret.  In that build temporal anchor is discarded because you don't need it for energy upkeep.  She normally doesn't build for range so yes it's a bit out there.  But we can't deny the nuking potential you have with larva plus her turret.  It's one of the few exceptions (imo anyway) where speccing stat wise outside the frames normal intended setup is beneficial instead of detrimental.

3 hours ago, dwqrf said:

Her 4. All of her abilities are good, except Temporal Anchor. It doesn't suit her playstyle, and doesn't really work for its intended purpose.

It should be said her passive makes her fantastic for Helminth. +100 ability strength allows her to push some abilities a bit further!

If you want to larva-nuke, I widely guess there is plenty of other frames that can synergize with low duration, high range, better than Protea. Building around turret still require a decent duration. You can't go negative. And meanwhile, helmith-larva require a really high range to be functionnal.

But I get the point, seems fun. Thanks for valuable inputs here and there.

Archived