Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xaku Whisper Sentient Slayer?

(PSN)m3wheeling

Question

So I want to see if I can make Xaku into a sentient slayer using the #1 Whisper.  The wiki says Whisper will add 26% Void damage.  So does this mean no matter how I mod my weapon if you proc status via status chance that proc has a 26% to proc Void Damage?  I have it in my mind of using an assault rifle like Boltor Prime that has high status chance and a descent fire rate for more chance for more procs.  Has anyone done any testing using Whisper on Sentients?  Curious what weapons you are using w Whisper?

8 answers to this question

It should allow the void status effect to occur, yes.

However, the void status effect is just that small bullet attractor; the removal of sentient resistance build-up only requires the application of void damage (quantity irrelevant).

EDIT: If it works the same way as other elemental damage buff abilities, it should add 26% of modded weapon damage as void for the duration.

Hope this helps!

-Vayde

EDIT 2: I am mistaken, in this case.

The status chance of the Void damage you gain via Xata's Whisper is the same as the percentage on your equipped weapon. That 26% is the portion of total damage after mods from your weapon, which is added to your weapon attack as a separate hit in Void damage.

So yes, Boltor Prime can dip into higher than 100% status chance to proc Void and other statuses.

18 minutes ago, Knight3169 said:

However, the void status effect is just that small bullet attractor; the removal of sentient resistance build-up only requires the application of void damage (quantity irrelevant).

Actually, Xata's Whisper needs a Void proc to occur to remove Sentient resistances, not just on-hit from its Void damage.

2 hours ago, (PS4)m3wheeling said:

So does this mean no matter how I mod my weapon if you proc status via status chance that proc has a 26% to proc Void Damage? 

Yes, you understand this perfectly.

2 hours ago, (PS4)m3wheeling said:

Has anyone done any testing using Whisper on Sentients?  Curious what weapons you are using w Whisper?

Yeah, it's great against them.  Just the simple fact that you don't need to toggle spoiler mode to keep doing your maximum damage downgrades Sentients to normal heavy units that are unaffected by status.  Just keep on attacking and they go down, it's very nice.

1 hour ago, PsiWarp said:

Actually, Xata's Whisper needs a Void proc to occur to remove Sentient resistances, not just on-hit from its Void damage.

How sure are you about this?  It's been a hot minute since I played Xaku, but the "proc" for Void damage the baby Magnetize bubble, and Sentients are immune to procs.  This doesn't seem like it adds up to me.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Unstar said:

How sure are you about this?  It's been a hot minute since I played Xaku, but the "proc" for Void damage the baby Magnetize bubble, and Sentients are immune to procs.  This doesn't seem like it adds up to me.

They’re immune to most procs, yes. I’m assuming the connection between void and sentient is why, but they can be void proc’d. 

10 hours ago, (PS4)m3wheeling said:

So I want to see if I can make Xaku into a sentient slayer using the #1 Whisper.  The wiki says Whisper will add 26% Void damage.  So does this mean no matter how I mod my weapon if you proc status via status chance that proc has a 26% to proc Void Damage?  I have it in my mind of using an assault rifle like Boltor Prime that has high status chance and a descent fire rate for more chance for more procs.  Has anyone done any testing using Whisper on Sentients?  Curious what weapons you are using w Whisper?

i was using my mouslien with wishper on a non xaku frame an doing the sentient ammoly.
i was tearing through sentients pretty nicely an granted console doesnt have the xakus buffs.
Xata's Whisper can proc the VoidTearIcon b Void Status Effect based on the weapon's total status chance.

8 hours ago, Firepotato32 said:

They’re immune to most procs, yes. I’m assuming the connection between void and sentient is why, but they can be void proc’d. 

ya as all other status procs they get resistances to, so with void damage able to reset it would lead to them unable to have the status resist effect.
:P like how i knew during scalret spear growing power aura on sentients with mesa doesnt work but using on mesa on any other factions it takes effect.

So yesterday we had a Steel Path Alert for Lua Plato and I used Xata's Whisper on the sentients and acolyte and in both cases the whisper stayed a whisper and didn't speak up and help.  Shouldn't make a difference but this was a subsumed version of Xata's Whisper.  I was lazy and didn't change my loadout so I was using a Pyrana Prime built for crit and viral but I did have Galvanized Diffusion slapped on to up the multishot.  With the whisper enabled I did proc void status as the green aura did appear but my shots after the green appeared didn't seem to do any more damage then before the void status proc.  This happened every time on the 3 sentients we fought as well as the acolyte.  Anyone using this ability w any success and can offer me some advice?

1 hour ago, (PSN)m3wheeling said:

So yesterday we had a Steel Path Alert for Lua Plato and I used Xata's Whisper on the sentients and acolyte and in both cases the whisper stayed a whisper and didn't speak up and help.  Shouldn't make a difference but this was a subsumed version of Xata's Whisper.  I was lazy and didn't change my loadout so I was using a Pyrana Prime built for crit and viral but I did have Galvanized Diffusion slapped on to up the multishot.  With the whisper enabled I did proc void status as the green aura did appear but my shots after the green appeared didn't seem to do any more damage then before the void status proc.  This happened every time on the 3 sentients we fought as well as the acolyte.  Anyone using this ability w any success and can offer me some advice?

the Void Damage would be there either way, so your Damage Numbers before and after applying Void Status, would be the same (while Xata's Whisper is active).
other than bonus Damage, what the Ability would be offering to you is that when Sentients gain a Resistance to your main Damage type at each of their Health Gates, that you can reset that back so that the Sentient is incapable of building a Resistance.

Archived