Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Kuva weapons? Corpus variant?

HowlingComet

All of the weapons in the Kuva listing are well done and while some are obviously better than others they are straight upgrades to old niche or forgotten weapons. The new weapons, at least in my eyes, are just more interesting upgrades of other weapons.  Bramma is a Grineer Lenz, Shieldeg is an inverse Wolf Sledge with influence from Jat Kittag, and Chakkhurr is just Grinlok on steroids.
The problem with this is that is makes better weapons but leaves some of them behind. If you were to make them all balanced you would add all Grineer weapons to the Kuva list but that doesn't seem like the best solution. What I think needs to be done is adding more in variants or adding more variants to put them in. 
One solution I suggest is making an Amalgam or Sentient variant of some weapons, perhaps the ones you get Amalgam mods for. However this couldn't include all the weapons that need an upgrade, weapons from Grineer like Ack and Brunt, Jat Kusar, Argonak, Buzlok, and Kesheg. Kesheg should 100% be a Kuva lich weapon for obvious reasons, Ack and Brunt is a weak weapon overshadowed by the one good weapon in it's class and the unique ability one, and Argonak is a cool weapon that has the same problem as Kuva Quartakk but worse because the stats are just overall lower.
Then looking at Corpus, you have the Falcor, Cycron, Arca Scisco, Convectrix, Flux Rifle, Amprex, Staticor, and Ferrox. Some of which aren't terrible but could certainly get an upgrade to match up with their Grineer counterparts. Just look at the Kuva Hind, which is the most widely used Grineer enemy weapon but better. You could do the same for Flux Rifle.

Honestly the Kuva weapons are cool, it's a good system for end game players to farm through. But it creates a huge power imbalance in the "weapon economy" as I'll call it. My favorite Grineer weapon is hands down the Argonak because I appreciate the enemy highlight, the amalgam mod is cool too, but when you have to mod it so much just to make it usable at mid level you won't have space for said cool mod. Then you instead just grab yourself a Kuva Quartakk and do the same thing similar with a much better result. It goes for a good handful of the other weapons too, I've never seen anyone use Ferrox or Javlok, to be fair it's probably a niche but I know from owning them they don't perform well enough to use past mid level. Even my favorite Corpus weapon the Flux Rifle can't do well enough after the status update to keep up with a lot of other weapons.
I don't see why in the current situation Grineer don't overpower all of the Corpus if they have the ability to make such potent things. And while in all fairness we create Liches, what about all those who just leave them until they have to kill them because they stole a perpetual motion statue? You need to even the balance in the weapon economy.
Basically, don't restrict my space ninja fun, the more options given to play at any level of the game the more people will enjoy it. Riven farming sucks, and even then rivens can't do everything. I know there's someone out there looking for a better Ferrox, even if the entire reason I made this is I want a better Argonak. 

From the ones you haven't mentioned, Komorex would be a nice Kuva weapon, with self regenerating ammo. (sentient tech fueled with Kuva)

But sure, the Javlok and Buzlok would be fun too.

Kuva Atterax and Kuva Marelok.

I wonder how Infested weapons would react to Kuva, could have some unique mechanics as well.

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

I haven't read any of your post, but I'm just going to assume you're as running-around-in-circles-frothing-at-the-mouth excited as I am at the thought of a Kuva Sonicor‼️

Dang, that wasn't a comeback, that was a riposte.

7 hours ago, HowlingComet said:

Kesheg should 100% be a Kuva lich weapon for obvious reasons,

technically speaking it already is, along with Zarr and Twin Rogga: it's used by Kuva Guardians, the queen's personal guard, so an enhanced version doesn't seem likely.

7 hours ago, HowlingComet said:

don't see why in the current situation Grineer don't overpower all of the Corpus if they have the ability to make such potent things

Kuva Weapons are bespoke weapons' for Liches, it would cost them a LOT of resources to try and equip every one of the 1000000000000000000+ troops in the system, AND have even more for surplus. you only ever give cannon fodder/frontline troops the most basic weapons, or else war becomes very expensive.

I do want to see more Lich weapons, especially Corpus ones, but as you can probably tell by the other replies on here, not everyone likes the Lich system, or the 5 Forma requirement for full MR points on those weapons. there would need to be some drastic changes to the Lich system and their weapons in order to get more people on side. I'd love to see Flux Rifle, Cycron, Convectrix and other underused Corpus weapons get some much-needed love, and the unique Lich Only weapons (like Chakkhurr, Ayanga and Shildeg) could be REALLY interesting!

I hope DE will revisit Liches and Railjack at some point after they're done with Deimos.

6 hours ago, Dark_Lugia said:

I haven't read anything but the title, so let me say:

NO

most are MR fodder that needs a ridiculous farm (Liches are just the worst) and 5 Forma each...
...that was a nice gimmick for the Paracesis, but doesn't into the kuva weapons overall.

Actually most of Kuva weapons are pretty powerful. They are no where near to be MR fodder. I know because I have every weapon max out in the element I want.

But if you want to complain about the whole Lich system being poorly implemented and are unnecessarily tedious grind, I agree with you.

9 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

i want a corpus lich version of arca plasmor :(

It'll probably be crappier older weapons than something powerful and new...and that's a good thing.

I love Kuva Weapons because they're a second chance for garbage like Nukor, Seer, etc. to shine. So for Corpus? Well first they need a Macguffin similar to Kuva. Closest thing they got is either the Animo which lets them grow infinitely stronger the more you kill them or Amalgalms for macguffiny Sentient void doo-hickery.

So like..."Animo Dera", "Animo Convectrix", "Animo Prova", "Animo Quanta", "Animo Serro", etc.

10 hours ago, Dark_Lugia said:

I haven't read anything but the title, so let me say:

NO

most are MR fodder that needs a ridiculous farm (Liches are just the worst) and 5 Forma each...
...that was a nice gimmick for the Paracesis, but doesn't into the kuva weapons overall.

Wow, the Kuva Lich weapons are way stronger than the original variant. I have a hard time imagining someone actually having trouble making them powerful.

3 hours ago, Killa_Byte said:

if any thing they need to change the % to a flat out 60% not fair when you get a weapon thats 56% and you get another wepon thats 27% and you farm that same wep so you can upgraded it and the wep that you get off the leach is another 27% aint worth the f@#$%ing grind!

Not understanding you here, why don't you upgrade that 56% weapon with the 27% new one? 

Truth be told I barely use any of the kuva weapons. Bramma I used occasionally to play keep away with the blast radius for hijack sorties and the chakurr gets the odd dusting down for a boss but that's it. My Iggy Wraith just feels a hell of a lot nicer to use and wrecks house anyway 🤷‍♀️

I like the whole mechanic of the Kuva Lich Nemesis system, I'd be happy with a couple more (at least) Grineer melee weapons.

I'd be very interrested to have a Corpus variant of the Grineer Nemesis system.
Just instead of the requiems, 3 codes to be found without the relic system, and instead in caches, for example. These 3 codes used to crack a vault or some secret area with a boss fight and then you get the kill or conversion...

I'm up for corpus liches. As for adding more greneer weapons to the pool - I'd like to have an option to actually select a weapon in some way. Even with current pool, running Saturn capture over and over, trying to get through the larva pool to the few guns I need, is tedious. Not challenging, not fun - just tedious.

22 hours ago, HowlingComet said:

All of the weapons in the Kuva listing are well done and while some are obviously better than others they are straight upgrades to old niche or forgotten weapons. The new weapons, at least in my eyes, are just more interesting upgrades of other weapons.  Bramma is a Grineer Lenz, Shieldeg is an inverse Wolf Sledge with influence from Jat Kittag, and Chakkhurr is just Grinlok on steroids.
The problem with this is that is makes better weapons but leaves some of them behind. If you were to make them all balanced you would add all Grineer weapons to the Kuva list but that doesn't seem like the best solution. What I think needs to be done is adding more in variants or adding more variants to put them in. 
One solution I suggest is making an Amalgam or Sentient variant of some weapons, perhaps the ones you get Amalgam mods for. However this couldn't include all the weapons that need an upgrade, weapons from Grineer like Ack and Brunt, Jat Kusar, Argonak, Buzlok, and Kesheg. Kesheg should 100% be a Kuva lich weapon for obvious reasons, Ack and Brunt is a weak weapon overshadowed by the one good weapon in it's class and the unique ability one, and Argonak is a cool weapon that has the same problem as Kuva Quartakk but worse because the stats are just overall lower.
Then looking at Corpus, you have the Falcor, Cycron, Arca Scisco, Convectrix, Flux Rifle, Amprex, Staticor, and Ferrox. Some of which aren't terrible but could certainly get an upgrade to match up with their Grineer counterparts. Just look at the Kuva Hind, which is the most widely used Grineer enemy weapon but better. You could do the same for Flux Rifle.

Honestly the Kuva weapons are cool, it's a good system for end game players to farm through. But it creates a huge power imbalance in the "weapon economy" as I'll call it. My favorite Grineer weapon is hands down the Argonak because I appreciate the enemy highlight, the amalgam mod is cool too, but when you have to mod it so much just to make it usable at mid level you won't have space for said cool mod. Then you instead just grab yourself a Kuva Quartakk and do the same thing similar with a much better result. It goes for a good handful of the other weapons too, I've never seen anyone use Ferrox or Javlok, to be fair it's probably a niche but I know from owning them they don't perform well enough to use past mid level. Even my favorite Corpus weapon the Flux Rifle can't do well enough after the status update to keep up with a lot of other weapons.
I don't see why in the current situation Grineer don't overpower all of the Corpus if they have the ability to make such potent things. And while in all fairness we create Liches, what about all those who just leave them until they have to kill them because they stole a perpetual motion statue? You need to even the balance in the weapon economy.
Basically, don't restrict my space ninja fun, the more options given to play at any level of the game the more people will enjoy it. Riven farming sucks, and even then rivens can't do everything. I know there's someone out there looking for a better Ferrox, even if the entire reason I made this is I want a better Argonak. 

They can’t over power the corpus because they are lagging behind them in technological advancements. And the corpus can produce proxies faster than grineer can make Liches. 

Archived