Jump to content

Don't put the cart before the horse (second Necramech )


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

I'd love to know what - if anything - DE intended for us to do with our Necramechs. Because it seems like a repeat of K-Drives. They're neat from a novelty perspective, but serve no purpose in our arsenal.

Apparently we will eventually take on the worms of Vome and Fass, which is the only content planned for a pure Necramech experience. However, that still puts them in a better spot than k-drives which only have races. (No skatepark makes me sad).

9 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Narratively, Necramechs lacks mobility. They can cover open ground quickly, but any kind of complex terrain trips them up quite a bit. They're also huge, which limits the interior terrain they can engage in combat in. They're also wholly incapable of stealth, being "large stompy robots." It seems to me like the Tenno's primary source of threat is being space ninja wizards. Their Orbiters are nomadic, their Landers are cloaked, their Warframes are always capable of stealth even at full combat efficiency. The Tenno aren't just a blunt force. They're a thread with the tendency to turn up in the wrong place at the wrong time past all of your defences.

What I mean by this is that in the Mag Prime log, it seems very much like the basic strategy of Warframes were a force multiplier over use as infiltrators. The fact that they can operate independently, kinda like nuclear submarines is definitely a better deterrent than something you can definitely see coming, but until we get more information about the combat strategies employed by Warframes during the Old War, the best we can work with is the kind of powers they have now.  The mandated power of Operators, the Transcendence power that they launched with suggests a more passive role of operators during the Old War, with their current free roaming state being a result of our actions during TWW.

9 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Gameplay-wise... I don't know. Operators, Archwings and now Necramechs are simply objectively inferior to our Warframes and their gear regardless of what the narrative might say. By sheer weight of mod availability, our Warframes are tougher than any Necramech or Archwing, our guns are more powerful than any Archgun without the downside of limiting mobility, our melee weapons are faster and deadlier than any Archmelee weapon. Worse, our Warframe gear is generally better at taking out Sentients than our Operators are, outside of where the game simply prevents us from doing damage to Sentient structures at all. Necramechs give me the hope of having a "heavy Warframe" all over again, but my reasons for giving up on that hope remain. As long as the likes of Inaros, Rhino, Atlas and the like exist, there will be no point in trading mobility for survivability. As long as Warframe guns exist in any capacity, there will never be a reason to bring Archwing weapons since they're never going to measure up. And that's not even getting into Operators, who don't even HAVE the capacity for mods at all...

Warframe has a very bad translation from lore to gameplay, but I can only think of a few multiplayer games that have kept true to the lore in terms of gameplay. I'd like them (even though this will never happen) to tune Operators to be the most powerful things we can control. Unfortunately, they would either have to tune Operators into gods, or Warframes into being little better than Grineer Lancers (but better skilled and much more able of course).

Edited by Teoarrk
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

I'll let you know when I bash out something of note in your messages. Apologies for derailing.

No problems it was a constructive tangeant. 

 

1 hour ago, Teoarrk said:

the Necramechs are supposed to be brickhouse force multipliers, but that fact throws even more questions out as to why exactly they weren't chosen over us, despite being produced (supposedly) years earlier.

Their production cost might have been prohibitive. Also warframe are far more mobile and are versatile. Also creating a new warframe seens like a easyer process than a new necramech because it seens like helminth does the heavy lifting and the human sunject provides the base. 

1 hour ago, Steel_Rook said:

Their Orbiters are nomadic, their Landers are cloaked, their Warframes are always capable of stealth even at full combat efficiency. The Tenno aren't just a blunt force. They're a thread with the tendency to turn up in the wrong place at the wrong time past all of your defences.

Warframe´s lore wise seen to be quite found of hit and run and they have the mobility and the fire power to make these strategies work. Gauss can move at mach speeds for god sake and hit a wall at that speed and not be phased by it. 

1 hour ago, Steel_Rook said:

Necramechs give me the hope of having a "heavy Warframe" all over again, but my reasons for giving up on that hope remain. As long as the likes of Inaros, Rhino, Atlas and the like exist, there will be no point in trading mobility for survivability. As long as Warframe guns exist in any capacity, there will never be a reason to bring Archwing weapons since they're never going to measure up. And that's not even getting into Operators, who don't even HAVE the capacity for mods at all...

The acess to superior mods and mobility just make warframe´s superior in every way as far as gameplay is concerned. I hope DE at least salvages the animation set with a "giant" warframe using the animation set on a similar way titania brings aw to every mission. Had a take on that idea Persephone.

1 hour ago, Steel_Rook said:

I'd love to know what - if anything - DE intended for us to do with our Necramechs. Because it seems like a repeat of K-Drives. They're neat from a novelty perspective, but serve no purpose in our arsenal.

They are incredible overpowered as it is right now. Weaker mobility , weaker survivability due to lack of active mitigation (dodge and block ) , shield gate and good mods. Their skill are also generaly weaker and less availible( the chad iron skin vs the virgin storm shourd ). The only thing they have going for them right now is jesus damage on the exalted weapon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-09-20 at 4:34 PM, keikogi said:

before they´ve at lest allowed mechs in general to use a melee weapon. I know stances are hard to create

They should just be able to equip Arch-melee, which don't use stances.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The second mech looks like an absolute disaster.  Barely functional melee on a clumsy tincan? Does DE not realize that all mobs die before you'd even get to melee range on a mech? Meanwhile all the issues that make mechs bad aren't being addressed.

Basic necessary functions like vacum and radar please? They are only limited to open worlds, yet they are too slow and clumsy for the large maps.

And still buggy -  even right there on stream.

Edited by Monolake
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, keikogi said:

The acess to superior mods and mobility just make warframe´s superior in every way as far as gameplay is concerned. I hope DE at least salvages the animation set with a "giant" warframe using the animation set on a similar way titania brings aw to every mission.

Now... I'm going to say something relatively controversial, but I think we're overdue for "a great esnmallening" when it comes to mods in Warframe. I'm of the opinion that DE need to bite the bullet and just let Archwings/Necramechs use Warframe mods, let Archguns use Rifle/Shotgun/Sniper mods depending on the weapon type and Archmelee Weapons use melee mods. All of our Heavy/Vehicle gear generally has higher base stats than our Warframe gear, but still falls behind due to a crap set of difficulty-to-obtain mods. Let them all use the same modes and Heavy Gear will instantly gain the kind of edge in performance that it really ought to have given its other limitations. And yes, that does mean removing the RIDICULOUS GRIND for Archwing and Necramech mods, but to this I say "Good!"

Let our Heavy Gear use the same set of mods as our Warframe gear. If any specific mods are particularly problematic, those can be excluded on a case-by-case basis, like how Exalted Weapons can't use Acolyte or Corrupted mods.

 

  

15 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

What I mean by this is that in the Mag Prime log, it seems very much like the basic strategy of Warframes were a force multiplier over use as infiltrators. The fact that they can operate independently, kinda like nuclear submarines is definitely a better deterrent than something you can definitely see coming, but until we get more information about the combat strategies employed by Warframes during the Old War, the best we can work with is the kind of powers they have now.  The mandated power of Operators, the Transcendence power that they launched with suggests a more passive role of operators during the Old War, with their current free roaming state being a result of our actions during TWW.

This is true - Warframe's representation of the Tenno tends to be quite inconsistent, as the narrative can't seem to decide on whether we're infiltrators or straight-up super soldiers. A lot of lore represents our contribution to the Old War kind of like the New Player Experience video does - in that we just do open combat, but we do it better than the Dax and Grineer Soldiers. But then you go read up on the Orbiter and the Landing Craft and Tenno Tactics and it seems like we're close to what you described - independent nuclear submarines capable of striking the enemy anywhere at any time with no chance for response. With the introduction of Necramechs and their representation as a larger, tougher combatant with superior firepower, I have no choice but to infer that we brought something other than firepower to the Old War, which is why I am speculating to quite a significant extent. It's the only way I can make sense of it.

 

  

15 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Warframe has a very bad translation from lore to gameplay, but I can only think of a few multiplayer games that have kept true to the lore in terms of gameplay. I'd like them (even though this will never happen) to tune Operators to be the most powerful things we can control. Unfortunately, they would either have to tune Operators into gods, or Warframes into being little better than Grineer Lancers (but better skilled and much more able of course).

Personally, I feel DE need to put their butts in gear and get back to Railjack. Overall Railjack gameplay is probably the closest we've had to giving a majority of our tools a reason to exist. We use our Warframes and general ground combat capability for operating in ship and station interiors, we use our Archwings for operating outside in space. It doesn't matter how our Warframes compare to our Archwings, because they both serve different purposes. The potential for the Railjack game mode and general design to give each of our tools a unique role I think is far greater than the potential for DE to balance Warframes, Archwings and Necramechs in such a way that they're competitive with each other in the same content.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Imo, instead of DE making new mechs they should make parts for the one mech and one part of it (head) determines the abilities for the mech, this gives deeper visual customisation to them (they should change the mead coz I don`t like the skull part of it).

I also think that all mechs should have melee weapons instead of having a melee specialist with an exalted one, maybe each weapon could have its own stance built in to it.

As much as I like the idea of these mechs DE should have made some sort of gamemode the they can be used in coz the way it is now you don`t have a reason to use them just like k-drives.

I also want to point out, it`s funny that ppl like this mech but I bet if someone suggested this idea before DE implemented it ppl would be cussing that person out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steel_Rook said:

Now... I'm going to say something relatively controversial, but I think we're overdue for "a great esnmallening" when it comes to mods in Warframe. I'm of the opinion that DE need to bite the bullet and just let Archwings/Necramechs use Warframe mods, let Archguns use Rifle/Shotgun/Sniper mods depending on the weapon type and Archmelee Weapons use melee mods. All of our Heavy/Vehicle gear generally has higher base stats than our Warframe gear, but still falls behind due to a crap set of difficulty-to-obtain mods. Let them all use the same modes and Heavy Gear will instantly gain the kind of edge in performance that it really ought to have given its other limitations. And yes, that does mean removing the RIDICULOUS GRIND for Archwing and Necramech mods, but to this I say "Good!"

I feel like it´s not just a need for more grind is a failed attemp to "reset" the mod system with lower numbers so fun stuff like bouncing bullets has a slight cjance to make the cut. But the problem is we already have the precedent of warframe mods so whenever we see weaker version we can´t help but feel like this has the big suck. If I recall correctly DE clearly stated that aw mods were weaker than theirs warframe conterparts for that reason. The problem is both system exist on the same game so people don´t want do deal with two diferent hands .

About reducing the number of mods DE is unwilling to do it. Idk why when the rework a system they don´t demossion mods , they are more willing to just create a new stat that will ruin the new system by making it not work by default. See the melee system working precisely as not intended ( the idea was build up combo and use it , players go combo forever or chain charge attack ) 

Edited by keikogi
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

mo, instead of DE making new mechs they should make parts for the one mech and one part of it (head) determines the abilities for the mech, this gives deeper visual customisation to them (they should change the mead coz I don`t like the skull part of it).

I always tought thet would be modular, their desing lends itself to it. Body (torso and legs ) , arms and hat as parts.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

I also think that all mechs should have melee weapons instead of having a melee specialist with an exalted one, maybe each weapon could have its own stance built in to it.

YEp 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

As much as I like the idea of these mechs DE should have made some sort of gamemode the they can be used in coz the way it is now you don`t have a reason to use them just like k-drives.

they probably will make a giant boss that you have to use mechs to kill but I wish the mechs were more than a small islands

1 hour ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

I also want to point out, it`s funny that ppl like this mech but I bet if someone suggested this idea before DE implemented it ppl would be cussing that person out.

yep , hjow old is this image ? 

warframe_escailber_mech_suit2_wip_by_lor

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, keikogi said:

I feel like it´s not just a need for more grind is a failed attempt to "reset" the mod system with lower numbers so fun stuff like bouncing bullets has a slight chance to make the cut. But the problem is we already have the precedent of warframe mods so whenever we see weaker version we can´t help but feel like this has the big suck. If I recall correctly DE clearly stated that aw mods were weaker than theirs warframe counterparts for that reason. The problem is both system exist on the same game so people don´t want do deal with two different hands.

Right. No attempt to roll back mod power creep is going to work as long as we can just fall back on our Warframes. Outside of contrivances like the Profit-Taker only taking damage from Archguns, Necramechs do the same thing our Warframes can, except they're slower and have weaker stats. While limiting mod availability on Necramechs might make them "more balanced" in isolation, it does nothing to actually balance them relative to the rest of the game. When one option is clearly superior, it doesn't matter how well-balanced the other options are - nobody's going to pick them in the long term. In short, I feel that limiting mod availability for Heavy Gear relegates said Heavy Gear to the discard pile. We earn it for the MR, then stick it on a shelf never to be used again. I LOVE Necramechs and even I lost my patience with their performance.

 

  

3 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

I also want to point out, it`s funny that ppl like this mech but I bet if someone suggested this idea before DE implemented it ppl would be cussing that person out.

Tell me about it. My personal "power fantasy" is something close to an old Brotherhood of Steel Paladin as you might see them in the original Fallout. That is to say - large, heavily armoured, heavily armed, fairly slow - ostensibly a walking tank. I've attempted to propose designs like these in Warframe over the years, but I eventually had to come to the realisation that this simply wasn't feasible. I can't design a "heavy Warframe" that's tankier than Inaros or that does more damage than Mesa or "your average riven rifle." Warframe's power creep is so severe that there's literally no benefit one could offer in exchange for slower movement and lack of verticality that such a design simply doesn't apply. It seems like DE disregarded these concerns entirely, giving us a Necramech that's less tanky than your average Arcane Warframe and does less damage than your average Riven Rifles, but also can't bullet jump or pass through most doors.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the concept of Necramechs and would dearly love to play them more often, in all missions. Even I struggle to justify this, however, because my Necramech is objectively less powerful than my Warframe.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

Right. No attempt to roll back mod power creep is going to work as long as we can just fall back on our Warframes. Outside of contrivances like the Profit-Taker only taking damage from Archguns, Necramechs do the same thing our Warframes can, except they're slower and have weaker stats. While limiting mod availability on Necramechs might make them "more balanced" in isolation, it does nothing to actually balance them relative to the rest of the game. When one option is clearly superior, it doesn't matter how well-balanced the other options are - nobody's going to pick them in the long term. In short, I feel that limiting mod availability for Heavy Gear relegates said Heavy Gear to the discard pile. We earn it for the MR, then stick it on a shelf never to be used again. I LOVE Necramechs and even I lost my patience with their performance.

The ginie is out of the botle as the expression says. Yeh there not much reason to use a necramech ( there is the jesus damage on the 4 but thats about it) , I´ve been using my necramech while doing bounties in deimos but frankly just I would do about as much damage by using the mausolon as a aw gun and benefiting from anemic roar ( yeah I´ve infused it on trinity how creative I know but it is just so generaly usefull ) while making my squad imortal and giving infinity energ (Im using trinity as the pilot because she can heal mechs) . Instead of doing that Im role playing a attack helicopter with a good weapon and the ocosanional use of the exalated weapon to deal with a asssacination target 

53 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the concept of Necramechs and would dearly love to play them more often, in all missions. Even I struggle to justify this, however, because my Necramech is objectively less powerful than my Warframe.

I love them to but I wish they were at least capable of active mitigation like warframes can (dodge ,block ) , I really feel like necramechs should at least by good at blocking 

 

Edited by keikogi
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, keikogi said:

I love them to but I wish they were at least capable of active mitigation like warframes can (dodge ,block ) , I really feel like necramechs should at least by good at blocking 

It won't help. I'm obviously biased since I predominantly play Inaros who doesn't really need to mitigate damage, but that's kind of the problem. When I have a Warframe that's functionally unkillable, what more can you really give me? If our Warframes were overall less tanky relative to enemy damage then Necramechs COULD have been the "tanky but slow" alternative. However, Necramechs are in fact incredibly fragile. Yes, they have high base stats for health, shields and armour... Sort of. However, their poor mod availability means those stats are much harder to improve and fall behind a well-modded Warframe. Worse - our Warframes have several sources of Sustain that Mechs don't. Disregarding Arcane Guardian/Grace, I still have the option of Medi-Ray, Squad Energy Restores and a few other options. These allow me to deliberately take health damage and thus gain energy via Rage and Hunter Adrenaline. My Necramech, in contrast, survives only and solely on Storm Shroud, which in practice makes him into little more than a gimped Rhino.

Energy is another issue. I have infinite energy these days, but I remember being appalled at Warframe's energy economy when first starting out. I never got to use any of my abilities because I barely had enough energy for the one I really needed. My Voidrig plays similarly now. I NEED Storm Shroud to survive, meaning I have to constantly conserve my energy for it, which in turn means I don't get to use any of its other abilities. Yes, the Voidrig 4 is extremely powerful in specific circumstances, but largely too expensive for normal play, meaning I never actually use it. The 3 is "meh" in that it's a damage-dealing ability which doesn't scale well against high-level enemies. Might as well use my Mausolon. The 1 is just awkward since it uses the cannister-throwing mechanic for no reason (why not just throw the cannister immediately when I hit 1?), and it's of dubious use as a soft control. The 2 is the only one I really use because I both don't have enough energy to use much else and because the Voidrig's other abilities kind of suck

In short, my Necramech today feels like my starter Warframe did when I first started playing Warframe in Earnest. Unlike the latter, though, which I fixed by progressing through the game, I can't fix my Necramech. The mods, Arcanes and abilities I'd need to bring my Voidrig to the level of even my Atlas or Wukong let alone Inaros simply don't exist. I'm still going to use my Necramech in missions if I could, but more as a gimmick than as a legitimately useful tool.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-09-22 at 2:28 PM, Steel_Rook said:

Personally, I feel DE need to put their butts in gear and get back to Railjack. Overall Railjack gameplay is probably the closest we've had to giving a majority of our tools a reason to exist. We use our Warframes and general ground combat capability for operating in ship and station interiors, we use our Archwings for operating outside in space. It doesn't matter how our Warframes compare to our Archwings, because they both serve different purposes. The potential for the Railjack game mode and general design to give each of our tools a unique role I think is far greater than the potential for DE to balance Warframes, Archwings and Necramechs in such a way that they're competitive with each other in the same content.

I feel like Railjack did more good than harm in terms of giving us a place for everything to work. When I thought about how best Archwing missions could be revamped so that people would play each mission more than once to get arbitration underway, or to grind out all the mastery locked in it I thought of the way that Archwing works there - the side tasks are like their own pocket missions and some of the most fun there is to be found in the game in a regular mission. The biggest problem I think DE faces and will continue to face going forward with it is the same problem that they have had for the last 3 years - broken on release, fixed after a month. A lot of people have nothing but resentment for Railjack as a result and are less likely to give it a second chance - unless they are forced to for the sake of story or optimal grind strategies. 

On 2020-09-22 at 7:09 PM, keikogi said:

I love them to but I wish they were at least capable of active mitigation like warframes can (dodge ,block ) , I really feel like necramechs should at least by good at blocking

I think that if their bad iron skin worked in a similar way to Baruuk's 1, but with a threshold to release a huge aoe I think that it would have been much better received. They also should have had a similar health situation to the npc Necramechs - in that their health was tied to specific parts to make them much more durable.

On 2020-09-22 at 2:28 PM, Steel_Rook said:

Now... I'm going to say something relatively controversial, but I think we're overdue for "a great esnmallening" when it comes to mods in Warframe. I'm of the opinion that DE need to bite the bullet and just let Archwings/Necramechs use Warframe mods, let Archguns use Rifle/Shotgun/Sniper mods depending on the weapon type and Archmelee Weapons use melee mods. All of our Heavy/Vehicle gear generally has higher base stats than our Warframe gear, but still falls behind due to a crap set of difficulty-to-obtain mods. Let them all use the same modes and Heavy Gear will instantly gain the kind of edge in performance that it really ought to have given its other limitations. And yes, that does mean removing the RIDICULOUS GRIND for Archwing and Necramech mods, but to this I say "Good!"

Let our Heavy Gear use the same set of mods as our Warframe gear. If any specific mods are particularly problematic, those can be excluded on a case-by-case basis, like how Exalted Weapons can't use Acolyte or Corrupted mods.

This is how it should have been at release. Now - I'm not so sure. The reason being that when Archguns hit the plains, Velocitus wiped the floor with all other weapons despite having worse mods (mostly from 2014) for killing Eidolons. Now Necramech's Jesus damage 4 is wiping the floor with all other methods of killing Eidolons. Thematically - yes, of course, it would shrink the mod pool by at least a third, but it would also require DE to have 3 tiers of the Eidolon for players to be split between those using standard weapons, archguns and then the Necramech. I think this could loosely creates brackets for balancing out Eidolons, but even at the lowest bracket of this new system, the difference in power levels between baby's first Teralyst and the 6x3 vet is crazy big. I'd like it don't get me wrong but until we see something that shows how well DE can adjust a boss for top end and bottom end players I don't think this is something they can handle.

 

Edited by Teoarrk
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-09-22 at 3:10 PM, keikogi said:

-snip-

  • Tbh imo I think it would be better if they did that, think about it we will probably have to by slots for them which I don't like the sound of.
  • Yh that's what I'm hoping for but at the same time, the rewards have to be good enough for ppl (me) to play it, if not then I won`t be playing it. Just to add they could be used in conclave just like operators can.
  • One thing I will say, it looks 10 times better than what DE came up with.
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

Tbh imo I think it would be better if they did that, think about it we will probably have to by slots for them which I don't like the sound of.

The way the pieces are desined lends itself to be modular ( no joints the parts just hold together with void nonsense ) it was probably the initial ideal but probably was scraped 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

Yh that's what I'm hoping for but at the same time, the rewards have to be good enough for ppl (me) to play it, if not then I won`t be playing it. Just to add they could be used in conclave just like operators can.

Yep 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

One thing I will say, it looks 10 times better than what DE came up with.

It does look better but it feels like just a warframe but big. DE probably went with corn mechs for the sake of visual variety. Not that I´m against a big warframe , in fact I´ve created one myself 

vwjpl8spmsk51.jpg

But I think the whole corn mech thing could have been a bit better 

87f7a4va2hm51.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

a bit to gundam for my taste but I like the gist of it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-09-21 at 9:10 PM, Teoarrk said:

client requirements to fight Sentients:

  • Tough
  • Void-touched (or void powered)
  • Reliable
  • Useful in all environments
  • Not susceptible to Sentient countermeasures

There's another - adaptable.

Remember, Sentients are shape-changers and adaptors. Even if they couldn't directly adapt to a Necramech's attacks, they could absolutely reconstitute their forces to put the Necramechs on an uneven field. Small, hyper-mobile forces that infiltrate buildings from the inside out, for example. Mimics, as well, are notably more effective against Mechs - they don't need to hide well but simply appearing like something other than a Sentient would be enough to fool the Mech. The Mech would either be unable to do anything to the Sentients or better yet, do their job for them, tearing apart buildings and military forces trying to get to the invader. Necramechs can leverage the raw might of the Orokin empire, to be sure, but do so in very limited ways, and that's where Sentients thrive - subverting and counter-strategising, tearing out their enemies legs from under them.

Warframes offer more variety and are harder to simply work around. Warframes are hyper-mobile at the worst of times, but you've also got Gauss, Titania and Zephyr. They're powerhouse blunt-force instruments regardless, but Chroma, Rhino and Inaros can take that cake further. They can run counter-espionage infiltration ops easily, especially if you send an Ivara, Loki or Ash. Even past that, you still have total Wild Cards like Limbo, Wisp, or Grendel. No single strategy can counter the Tenno, especially if they're supplemented by conventional military forces.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

There's another - adaptable.

Remember, Sentients are shape-changers and adaptors. Even if they couldn't directly adapt to a Necramech's attacks, they could absolutely reconstitute their forces to put the Necramechs on an uneven field. Small, hyper-mobile forces that infiltrate buildings from the inside out, for example. Mimics, as well, are notably more effective against Mechs - they don't need to hide well but simply appearing like something other than a Sentient would be enough to fool the Mech. The Mech would either be unable to do anything to the Sentients or better yet, do their job for them, tearing apart buildings and military forces trying to get to the invader. Necramechs can leverage the raw might of the Orokin empire, to be sure, but do so in very limited ways, and that's where Sentients thrive - subverting and counter-strategising, tearing out their enemies legs from under them.

Warframes offer more variety and are harder to simply work around. Warframes are hyper-mobile at the worst of times, but you've also got Gauss, Titania and Zephyr. They're powerhouse blunt-force instruments regardless, but Chroma, Rhino and Inaros can take that cake further. They can run counter-espionage infiltration ops easily, especially if you send an Ivara, Loki or Ash. Even past that, you still have total Wild Cards like Limbo, Wisp, or Grendel. No single strategy can counter the Tenno, especially if they're supplemented by conventional military forces.

Adaptability and unpredictability tip the scale towards the Tenno no doubt. Necramechs are just walking weapon platforms with a brain that is probably written in three lines of code. Not to mention that (if I understood the intro sequence correctly) they can be overtaken by MitW. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

Adaptability and unpredictability tip the scale towards the Tenno no doubt. Necramechs are just walking weapon platforms with a brain that is probably written in three lines of code. Not to mention that (if I understood the intro sequence correctly) they can be overtaken by MitW. 

If by intro you mean the quest, it's implied that Grandma is who used the Mech to attack the heart at the end. She was attempting to kick-start the family's relationship by forcing them to work together in crisis. She outwardly denies it, but the prompt 'Wait, did you?' certainly seems to indicate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

If by intro you mean the quest, it's implied that Grandma is who used the Mech to attack the heart at the end. She was attempting to kick-start the family's relationship by forcing them to work together in crisis. She outwardly denies it, but the prompt 'Wait, did you?' certainly seems to indicate.

Oh that was her? I guess that makes a lot of sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...