Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Involved Mechanics Ideas

ganjou234

• Single shot snipers/rifles and bows
    • disarm or jam enemies when shooting the enemy's gun/weapon-arm.
    • Melee enemies are guaranteed disarmed and get massively reduced damage by resorting to fists.
    • Some enemies will flee/hide when disarmed, others might charge into melee.
    • Bows ragdoll and root enemies (unless cc immune) if shot vertically or if there is a wall to impale on if shot horizontally. Use punch through to root many.
      • Rooted enemies are vulnerable to ground (if knocked down) or standing finishers, and receive increased damage from other sources.
      • Different bows have different root durations, with heavy bows having the highest and light bows the lowest. Stacking arrows resets and increases the duration.
    • Shooting the legs will guarantee an interrupting knockdown.
    • Enemies with attached type weapons (like Ospreys or Ambulas) deal reduced damage and are inaccurate instead.
    • Only weapons with impact in their IPS. (impact does not need to proc)
  • Guns not included above (smg, shotguns, machineguns) instead impair enemy accuracy via headshot or by shooting the weapon.
    • Only weapons with impact in their IPS. (impact does not need to proc)
  • AOE damage to the head or weapon does not disarm or impair, only the projectile does.
    • Knockdowns from explosions and blast procs however does roll for a temporary disarm/dismember.
      • Knockdowns from explosives or blast procs have a chance to automatically destroy helmets.
        • Enemies that recover from knockdown are temporarily confused
      • Shield lancers are resistant to AOE and immune to punch through and explosive effects like ragdoll or knockdown if shield is not destroyed.
        • Shield health is based on amount of hits received, either have a ton of multishot or a full-auto machinegun. Non-elite: 50, Elite: 100
  • Most Infested are unaffected by disarms, but are dismembered. Dismembered infected can still fight but receive more damage.
    • Dismemberment momentarily exposes infested to ground or standing finishers.
    • Un-dismembered infested are resilient and damage. Each dismembered limb increases received damage.
  • Ground finishers are guaranteed kills and loot ammo. (finishers on Heavy Units restore energy).
    • Shooting knocked down enemies in the head is a guaranteed kill.
      • Armored and helmeted heads prevent instant gun kills, destroy the armor or remove the helmet first.
  • Standing finishers that don't kill disarm/(dismember infested) enemies and increases any further received damage. Standing finishers that kill; loot ammo.
    • Lethal Standing finishers on Heavy Units restore energy.
  • Sentinel Regen mod is ammo based. (Regen = 1x, Primed Regen = 3x)
    • Sentinel Regen ammo is dropped from machines, or gained from lethal finishers.

38 minutes ago, ganjou234 said:

Knockdowns from explosives or blast procs have a chance to automatically destroy helmets.

You haven't been here for a bit, have you?

Ya, they massacered blast procs to single target accuracy reduction...ya...not even AoE anymore...
R.I.P every exlosive weapon that doesn't have the knockdown hard-coded into them instead of relying on old blast...
Also R.I.P Strun Wraith and all the other weapons I used for crowd controll through blast procs...

8 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Ya, they massacered blast procs to single target accuracy reduction...ya...not even AoE anymore...
R.I.P every exlosive weapon that doesn't have the knockdown hard-coded into them instead of relying on old blast...
Also R.I.P Strun Wraith and all the other weapons I used for crowd controll through blast procs...

I know. I want old blast back.

8 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Explosive weapons still tend to ragdoll enemies too though, blast can have disarm/dismember as additional feature to its current state

4 hours ago, ganjou234 said:

Explosive weapons still tend to ragdoll enemies too though, blast can have disarm/dismember as additional feature to its current state

Maybe they fixed it later on, but I remeber when the update came out some; stuff like Ogris wouldn't even stagger enemies...yet if you were too close, you would be send flying back with a ''''''''''cool'''''''''' animation. Self-damage removal, the way they did it and the fact it released in the same update as shieldgating, is by far the mostest stupiderest, nonsensically illogical idiocy DE has pulled somewhat recently, in my opinion...and it's not as if there isn't competition for that title.

Archived