Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Necramechs: uh, how do I use this thing?

(PSN)janai

Question

Today in Stupid Questions: now that I've built my necramech, hurrah, how do I actually USE it?

Please note: I'm on a PS4. I'm trying to find out A: how to equip it and B: what the controls are. There's nothing in the Codex about the necramech (I searched), and I dug through the Options/Controls menus for help, but didn't find anything. It also doesn't look like you can add it to your gear wheel like the Archwing, and although I can see it in my loadout, I don't have any earthly idea how to deploy it. And I'm not having much look with Googling any of this, either, since the most detailed page I found assumes you're on a PC and have a keyboard.

So, um. Pointers? What did I miss?

7 answers to this question

A gear item called Necramech Summon is automatically granted after your built your necramech. You need to (1) equip the gear item from your arsenal > gears. (2) activate the gear item like any other items while it is in the gear wheel.

The condition for using it is that (A) needs to be on open maps ( Plains of Eidolon / Orb Vallis / Cambion Drift), (B) the summon location is flat enough. "Flat" is pre-defined, a seemingly flat surface could still prompt failure, this happens quite often in orb vallis because of the hills landscape.

However, there are some rare cases of the summon gear to disappear. In this case please contact support.

6 hours ago, (PS4)janai said:

Today in Stupid Questions: now that I've built my necramech, hurrah, how do I actually USE it?

Please note: I'm on a PS4. I'm trying to find out A: how to equip it and B: what the controls are. There's nothing in the Codex about the necramech (I searched), and I dug through the Options/Controls menus for help, but didn't find anything. It also doesn't look like you can add it to your gear wheel like the Archwing, and although I can see it in my loadout, I don't have any earthly idea how to deploy it. And I'm not having much look with Googling any of this, either, since the most detailed page I found assumes you're on a PC and have a keyboard.

So, um. Pointers? What did I miss?

As pointed out, you need to equip the Necramech Summon launcher on your Gear wheel (under your Arsenal tab), and then deploy it in an open world setting. You use Transference to swap between your Warframe and Necramech, just like when popping out into Operator form. It's SUPER important that you target the Necramech directly, as you can otherwise sometimes bug out when the Necramech dies and end up stuck in Operator form.

16 hours ago, SHArK-FiN said:

A gear item called Necramech Summon is automatically granted after your built your necramech. You need to (1) equip the gear item from your arsenal > gears. (2) activate the gear item like any other items while it is in the gear wheel.

The condition for using it is that (A) needs to be on open maps ( Plains of Eidolon / Orb Vallis / Cambion Drift), (B) the summon location is flat enough. "Flat" is pre-defined, a seemingly flat surface could still prompt failure, this happens quite often in orb vallis because of the hills landscape.

However, there are some rare cases of the summon gear to disappear. In this case please contact support.

Gotcha, thanks. Somehow I missed that in my gear list!

since the rest is covererd, i'll just cover Controls:

they're the same as you use for the rest of the game. walks, Sprints, Jumps. has a Charge/dash forwards.
has a Melee and a Ground Smash like you'd expect, though the Melee is not really very useful. Ground Smash mainly for moving faster.
uses Archguns the way you normally do, Primary and Alt Fire.

get in and out with spacekid, you can TP straight to your Warframe if you're looking at it. otherwise you'll get in/out kinda like Vehicles in a traditional Shooter.
if your Warframe and Mech are nearby, spacekid will get in/out of whichever one is closest to you.

if your Mech dies, it'll go on Cooldown, and you'll get pushed back to your Warframe.

if you try to Summon your Mech right on top of you, you might get an error no matter the terrain, it may not like you standing at the Spawn point.

Archived