Apparently DE still can't figure out NW after YEARS in game.

I don't think they really care about Nightwave or consider it a core part of the game.

It was just a way for them to turn alerts in to something people engage with.

In between projects they will get around to it and it will continue to limp along as one of dozens of systems they tossed in to the ether in an attempt to keep people playing.

Edited by Hardwood
  • Like 18

DE waste their time making horrible walking simulator minigame, writing and recording more cringe annoying voicelines for Nora, coming up with these little stories that exist in a vacuum outside of the main chunk of the game.

But actually planning its length, adding "hide crafted" button to the cred offerings shop, ensuring that seasons don't overstay their welcome and at least provide consistent rewards as a compensation for constant "HOL UP DREAMERS" bombardment, nah, that's not important.

Nice priorities.

I don't think anyone would mind if future seasons will be less ambitious in their presentation so that DE could plan them properly and allocate their resources better.

• Like 60
16 minutes ago, Hardwood said:

I don't think they really care about Nightwave or consider it a core part of the game.

It was just a way for them to turn alerts in to something people engage with.

In between projects they will get around to it and it will continue to limp along as one of dozens of systems they tossed in to the ether in an attempt to keep people playing.

I really wish this is the case. I have been saying they need to stop with the narrative and just focus on it being a rotating event with 17 weeks rotation. It looks the entire 2020 is going to be season 1 intermission and season 3, which is very lame. And most people just do it for the Umbra forma, nitran, catalyst and reactor. The whole narrative thing does not matter at all, and just holds the entire system back due to delays. 

• Like 12

Dear devs you said second intermission was to long, now you give us season 3, 90 ranks of the same and hey kiddo we're at rank 90 before you finished the yarn. How many weeks we going to go without rewards. please DO NOT extend it another 3o ranks of credit only rewards. Better you reset to rank 1 and lets us farm for the starter rewards again. I think all tenno would rather a chance for the better rewards than the limited offerings of kuva,catalyst or reactor. At least add some premium items like umbra forma to the ranks at say 10,20,30,40,50,60. It would improve player moral rather than gloom of credits only for months on end. Thanks you in advance if you can improve things

• Like 9

I like NW, I really do. I like the minigame, the story, even Nora! Everything. I just think that it needs better rewards AFTER rank 30.

Maybe it could work like this, after Rank 30 you will get NW currency plus a point or a ticket that could be used on a NW vendor (put in on a relay) to exchange for past NW items, Umbra Forma, Aura Forma, Slots etc

• Like 17

I would like the alerts to come back .... but in a reformulated and varied way. Railjack, cetus, fortune, deimos alerts .... Today for me nw is just a way to buy potatoes ..... all the credit I get goes to these things ... in the end nw did not contribute in nothing. Look at the wolf .... it was temporary content and if you want to see it again you need to buy with credits at nw .... I think this is wrong and doubtful. The wolf should be like the stalker ....! The same will happen with the glassmaker .... the nw proved that it is not a content but a way to hold players. I would like the fins to return. Getting warnings from nora is annoying in the long run ...!

• Like 5

My theory...

• Grandmaster Founders are one weapon away from MR30.
  • DE wants 'everyone' to be able to get MR30 at the same time.
  • Part five rewards one weapon (the big sword that glasses enemies, shown off on last Devstream).
  • Therefore they are holding out on part 5 until we can get a bigger lump of new MR things.

I don't blame them for that logic process, I would probably do the same in their shoes, but I also won't deny that it looks bad.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

I really wish this is the case. I have been saying they need to stop with the narrative and just focus on it being a rotating event with 17 weeks rotation. It looks the entire 2020 is going to be season 1 intermission and season 3, which is very lame. And most people just do it for the Umbra forma, nitran, catalyst and reactor. The whole narrative thing does not matter at all, and just holds the entire system back due to delays. 

"The narrative" in Nightwave was just another example of DE copying other games' homework without understanding the substance of what they were copying. Narrative in a Battle Pass is, was and will always be just an excuse. It's what the first few pioneers used to pretend the Battle Pass was anything other than an additional paid subscription. That's it - it's a red herring. DE took the concept of the Battle Pass, removed the only real incentive they had for introducing it (the money subscription), kept all the drawbacks (FOMO, stress, schedule) and ended up with a system that benefited nobody. It took two full Seasons before we ended up with something workable, and even then it's still made up of aspects that don't matter.

Nightwave's story isn't interesting. It's barely a story, especially now that Nightwave Seasons are 6 months long. My favourite Nightwave Season so far was the last Intermission, because it lasted long enough to grab all the items at my leisure and it didn't constantly spawn annoying special enemies in my missions. If DE really want to tell stories again, how about we go back to doing Cinematic Quests, instead?

• Like 28
7 hours ago, Kefirno said:

DE waste their time making horrible walking simulator minigame, writing and recording more cringe annoying voicelines for Nora, coming up with these little stories that exist in a vacuum outside of the main chunk of the game.

But actually planning its length, adding "hide crafted" button to the cred offerings shop, ensuring that seasons don't overstay their welcome and at least provide consistent rewards as a compensation for constant "HOL UP DREAMERS" bombardment, nah, that's not important.

Nice priorities.

I don't think anyone would mind if future seasons will be less ambitious in their presentation so that DE could plan them properly and allocate their resources better.

Reminder: people asked for a more in-depth nightwave.

People did not like the Nightwave that was easy to develop, quick to produce, a low-budget, low ambitious thing. They complained that they did not feel involved.

We, as a community literally asked for this. Or more accurately, a very loud subsection did and the people who disagreed were not as loud.

• Like 26

I don't know... the whole story aspect of Nightwave feels a little tacked on. What's wrong with just having infinite Nightwave where you do chores every week to earn some currency to  buy the stuff from Nora? And every 3 months, DE can just inject 30 ranks into your queue with the Umbra forma and all that good stuff... otherwise it's just 15 currency per rank-up. The story part could be detached from Nightwave and be a very long event like Scarlet Spear... 1 month long instead of 5 months long.

I don't know... I just don't see the point of forcing a story into a Nightwave. I think it should just be Intermission forever with special rewards injected into your rank queue every 3 months (Umbra forma). And your NW rank could be a bragging point (I'm rank 1052 or something!).

• Like 10

Nightwave would've only worked out if it really was a side project they could handle easily. But as DE often does, they put more work into it than they needed to and in fact more work than they can handle, so Nightwave ends up being another one of DE's dozen upon dozens of projects that goes way past the release window anyone would've preferred.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, --CV--Gambit said:

I personally don't see what peoples issue with NW is.  Simple things get Cred, can use it to get same stuff alerts would offer including Orokin Taters.  

It's pretty simple. Before NW we pretty much had to buy those potatoes with plat. Now they're free, but we're limited by the number of prestige tiers. So instead of "Oh man I got a whole bucket of stuff free!" the reaction is "WTF! Why am I not getting even more stuff for free! Light the pitchforks and sharpen the torches! They're ripping us off!" 

• Like 22

I always tell people you got to remember what nightwave replaced.  It replaced the alert system,  so now if you needed vaubans neuropics  you don't have to be home playing the game between 2:12 a.m. and 3:06 a.m..  Anything added above the old alert rewards is a bonus, and they added alot.

• Like 21

It would be nice if the prestige tiers didn't cap, or if seasons were designed to end about the time people would be hitting the existing cap. As it stands, people who have been doing their challenges probably have a solid month of nothing coming in before this season is over, and another few weeks or so before the next one starts. NW veterans plan for this (though they shouldn't have to), but if you're newer to NW it's quite jarring to suddenly have no credit intake for what can be months at a time without warning.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Before NW we pretty much had to buy those potatoes with plat. Now they're free, but we're limited by the number of prestige tiers. 

It's never cost-efficient to buy potatoes with NW credits, so nothing has really changed.

• Like 5
48 minutes ago, Eluminary said:

I always tell people you got to remember what nightwave replaced.  It replaced the alert system,  so now if you needed vaubans neuropics  you don't have to be home playing the game between 2:12 a.m. and 3:06 a.m..  Anything added above the old alert rewards is a bonus, and they added alot.

This 100%  

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Eluminary said:

Yeah but now we are capped at rank 90 and it is going to be around probably for another 2+ months.  Alerts at least kept happening.  I enjoyed alerts.  This system is even worse than alerts because when you are maxed it is like all alerts are turned off. This was supposed to be better than alerts.  At least with alerts they were always some coming around.  Heck they even had miny mission challenges every mission that were enjoyable which are just the stupid 1k nw standing.

Edited by Opetyr
  • Like 11
16 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

after YEARS in game.

I would snark that it's only been one year...

...but the underlying problem itself has been an issue since about 2016 when they started abandoned adding lore to the Simaris room because it took them too long

Then Sorties followed suit

I don't get why these "seasons" can't just be split into two. Having a year containing only two of these is pretty bad and I don't understand the point in copying what other games do but failing to keep up on the reward aspect. Other games are getting a few rotations out of a year.

NW was also meant to be a more consistent replacement to alerts, but there's nothing consistent about NW either.

• Like 6