Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Status is Mag's Magnetize ability now

kwlingo

Ehh... Its been there as long as I can remember.

Its actually kinda bad, because it does not appear on where you hit the enemy, but on the center, which completely removes your ability on doing headshots.

Its good on exergis, other punch through projectile weapons and melee weapons as it can act as a "shield" to fend off incoming enemy damage (enemy damage is also affected by the void status affecting the target), but really, I think Magnetic damage is one that should have it.

3 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Also , you are kinda ate to the party mate.

I never cared after it first came out and paid no attention to the changes till I was on wiki and saw it can only replace frame abilities that buff, like Roar, Eclipse, Vex Armor, and Amp. Was curious why. Im assuming because it adds a layer of damage onto top of the damage.

1 minute ago, vegetosayajin said:

It's not something new o.O
The only thing they changed was void damage to be truly neutral(before it has - to some things)

Im pretty sure the void damage prior to rework caused a magnetize bubble. If so I surly didn't see it when I used Xaku before its update.

void energy still isn't anywhere near as powerful in application as it is in the Lore. it should be made FAR more powerful than it is.one way could be to make Void energy do the following:

-Void energy becomes completely neutral: same damage vs health, armour and shields, regardless of flesh or armour type.

- the proc can be multiple things at once: a slow, a debuff and DoT all at once.

- enemies which die from Void Damage explode and spread the effect to nearby enemies.

- Void Energy could also be applied to allies, granting them an energy boost. the energy economy is already borked, so I see no reason why we shouldn't be allowed to shoot our friends to give them a little top-up.

remember, Void energy is touted as this insane, ungodly, incomprehensibly powerful force that few were able to understand and fewer still able to master it. in it's raw, purest form, it should be a sight to behold!

hace 2 horas, kwlingo dijo:

Wow I was surprised to see this. Maybe this will be OP for some Helminith synergies.

From wiki:

The Status Effect of VoidTearIcon b Void damage is Bullet Attractor, which creates a small 5 meter field centered around the target's torso to absorb and redirect all projectiles toward the center for 3 seconds.

You really went "full noob mode" with wikipedia today eh xD

6 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

Ehh... Its been there as long as I can remember.

Its actually kinda bad, because it does not appear on where you hit the enemy, but on the center, which completely removes your ability on doing headshots.

Its good on exergis, other punch through projectile weapons and melee weapons as it can act as a "shield" to fend off incoming enemy damage (enemy damage is also affected by the void status affecting the target), but really, I think Magnetic damage is one that should have it.

It kind of helps with the Arca Plasmor (which doesn't get bonus damage for headshots anyway.)  For pretty much anything that can headshot it's probably a downgrade.  Depending on the weapon, a "Headshot plus crit" could be a huge amount of damage, and the projectile would have to zip around the bubble and slam through the victim many times to do the same thing.

5 hours ago, Yagamilight123 said:

You really went "full noob mode" with wikipedia today eh xD

Im surprised you even cared about void info in the first place. Im sure you care about Railjack status also. Sad because seems like only players who have nothing else to do play Railjack. I dont even care about he new space elements because RJ is another island. lol Its not like it ever played a big role in any content other than islands for a few boss fights. lol

Thats why I never cared for void info. Just wondering why its procing a Mag bubble.

Right now it's better than ever, but armor penalizes it a lot. I honestly think it "should" behave like the real true damage, but that would be too broken imho,  something should be done about armor tho, because since there is no HS possibility if you use void dmg, it should compensate with more dmg

9 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

remember, Void energy is touted as this insane, ungodly, incomprehensibly powerful force that few were able to understand and fewer still able to master it. in it's raw, purest form, it should be a sight to behold!

Actually, outside of inducing insanity in most of those exposed, raw void energy isn't really all that damaging to people in the lore. The greatest injuries inflicted by it in lore entries would be the non-fatal burns suffered by Kaleen (Ember Prime), the implied blinding of Margulis (Second Dream) and Albrecht losing his voice (Necraloid Entries).

If you're thinking of Lua being at risk of being crushed by the Void in the aforementioned quest, I would argue that that is a property of the realm itself, not the energies drawn from it.

It was difficult to master because it was esoteric, not because it was physically dangerous. Remember that the Zariman crew were adrift for months in the Void with failed shielding, yet none of them died from the direct exposure. All of the deaths that we know of are the result of the crew killing each other.

Archived